Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NBC - gold issues

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can anyone help,

I have a premier league pass for the season and have accessed and logged in, in America.

I am in my account however when I click on the links to start viewing a match the page tried linking me to an app to watch it and states the app isn’t available in my region

Would I need an American iTunes account as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I just use to stream NBC Gold with no problem, maybe they changed it? I dunno, don't need the subscription any more.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
5de1c72eed81fe17829f84b6ad61b63b.jpg

Logged into website
Love account
Confirm PL pass is live
Click on link to watch match
And says app not available in region

I’ve done loaded the gold app separately and only lists figure skating and Moto gp?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
5de1c72eed81fe17829f84b6ad61b63b.jpg

Logged into website
Love account
Confirm PL pass is live
Click on link to watch match
And says app not available in region

I’ve done loaded the gold app separately and only lists figure skating and Moto gp?

To add, shouldn’t I be able to watch on the website without the need of an App?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
They’ve binned off the gold app. Use the regular NBC Sports app it has a gold section in there and you sign in through that.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
They’ve binned off the gold app. Use the regular NBC Sports app it has a gold section in there and you sign in through that.

Hi,

Couldn’t find the regular NBC Sports App is it in the App Store? Are you able to confirm exact name as can’t find when searching

Thanks

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Hi,

Couldn’t find the regular NBC Sports App is it in the App Store? Are you able to confirm exact name as can’t find when searching

Thanks

If its anything like DAZN then you will need to set up an apple account in that region otherwise you wont be able to download the app from the american app store.

Once you have it though, you can switch back without loosing it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is why I can't be bothered with apple anymore ...such a nightmare. With Android you just download the APK ...no one's blocking anything.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If its anything like DAZN then you will need to set up an apple account in that region otherwise you wont be able to download the app from the american app store.

Once you have it though, you can switch back without loosing it.

I did just that and it works, thanks

Would have considered DAZN but couldn’t find a way around linking payments to Canada (as PayPal is geo fenced and google pay doesn’t appear to be available on there now) even investigated how to buy a DAZN Promo Code (a payment method offered) but couldn’t find any reference to how you acquire this!

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I did just that and it works, thanks

Would have considered DAZN but couldn’t find a way around linking payments to Canada (as PayPal is geo fenced and google pay doesn’t appear to be available on there now) even investigated how to buy a DAZN Promo Code (a payment method offered) but couldn’t find any reference to how you acquire this!

It remains to be seen if the payment setup I have will work as you get the first month free. I did manage to set up a canadian paypal and then send the $20 needed to it from a UK card. Hopefully this $20 is then collected at the payment date but we'll see.

Does NBC actually show every 3pm game, as if so sounds like it could be better.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
NBC shows every game, regardless of kick off time. Some will be on TV, all others streamed through the gold subscription.
Every game available for a full event replay.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It remains to be seen if the payment setup I have will work as you get the first month free. I did manage to set up a canadian paypal and then send the $20 needed to it from a UK card. Hopefully this $20 is then collected at the payment date but we'll see.

I think it’s every 3pm game on the non cable subscription

All games are available on replay (full play back)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I think it’s every 3pm game on the non cable subscription

All games are available on replay (full play back)

NBC will televise a number of games each weekend - the games played early/late on a Saturday, at least one 3pm match, the Sunday games (although usually only one if multiple matches are scheduled simultaneously), and the Friday/Monday game if there is one. These games are NOT available via the Gold service live, but you can watch them later as an "event replay" as [MENTION=24354]Cesar Chavez[/MENTION] mentions (I have no idea how long after the match finishes these replays become available).

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Great service if it works for you - managed to watch every game last season between the gold app (now merged into the main app as stated above) or on one of the NBC tv channels when they picked up our game for a bigger audience. Great value!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here