Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter’s Players

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Good thread. Re Groß GP said it was a tough decision to not play Trossard but felt away from home Groß offered more solidity. So personally I don’t expect him to be an ever present. PG away and LT at home?

Having said that I really think tactically and positionally players will be moved around. One game could see a front three of Maupay/Andone with PG and LT behind for example. In the final third in particular that’s where I’d utilise rotation the most to keep other managers guessing and to keep all of Locadia, Andone, Murray, Maupay, Groß and Trossard as happy as possible.

In respect of the original line of questioning I would argue a spine will emerge so expect mainstays of Ryan, Dunk, Pröpper and Stephens (keeping to the diamond theme) but rotation almost everywhere else. The only possible exception to that could be Montoya who massively improved my estimations of him on one showing alone.

As for the other two CBs and LWB Position I expect rotation a plenty.

Agreed re: Montoya. On that note who would be everyone's replacement for him if he got inured in West Ham game for the Southampton game assuming Schelotto is still injured? Would it force us to go for 4 at the back with Webster in at RB or would he put in Bernardo or dare i say it someone from the u23s?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Agreed re: Montoya. On that note who would be everyone's replacement for him if he got inured in West Ham game for the Southampton game assuming Schelotto is still injured? Would it force us to go for 4 at the back with Webster in at RB or would he put in Bernardo or dare i say it someone from the u23s?

Switch Solly to the right and put Bernardo on the left?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Dale Stephens. Fundamental to all the diamond patterns, breaking up opposition moves and transitioning our play in to attack mode.

Not just transitioning into attack but being right up there. First two goals came about due to the advanced positioning of Stephen's for the first and Propper for the second. Not convinced either would have been that far forward playing to instructions last year.

el punal

If so I wonder if Trossard is regretting his move already :wink:

He did look fecking surly in all the team photos I saw........everyone else except for Bissouma (who looked away with the fairies) seemed to be having a great time

The new boy in the class and all that goes with it. If you see him in some of the training photos he looks happy enough though.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I just want to know what was wrong with Timmy Mallett?

I met him on Lindfield common when he was doing the London-Brighton in the 80s.

He’s advertised on wacaday that he’d be stopping at various locations.

In essence, he didn’t give me an autograph and fobbed me (and a group of eager infants) off on a member of his crew as he made a get away. I’m still bitter about this.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not sure I'd count the likes of Ryan or Dunk as favourites when they're far and away the best players in their respective positions.

My vote goes to Big Jurg.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I met him on Lindfield common when he was doing the London-Brighton in the 80s.

He’s advertised on wacaday that he’d be stopping at various locations.

In essence, he didn’t give me an autograph and fobbed me (and a group of eager infants) off on a member of his crew as he made a get away. I’m still bitter about this.

:laugh: Maybe he was on for a record time on the L2B & you lot were just hindering his progress?! :laugh:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
For me the interesting thing is that our two biggest remaining mavericks are out injured. I can see plenty of opportunities for some of the bench players and even Ali J, but Jose? It will be interesting to see, how disciplined the Potter approach is to home games, more so if we manage to put together a winning run and away teams become more cautious.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Still can't get my head around how we signed Maupay , i thought Spurs Everton and Watford were in for him early on in the transfer window and basically didn't even bother pooharing the Maupay thread , this bloke is the real deal and will score plenty if we give him the service , the player key to this for me is Propper , iv'e slagged him off so many times my finger hurts but saturday shoved all my dross about him down my throat because he was completely unrecognisable from the player i'd watched for 2 seasons previous ,he just looked so much better than i'd ever seen , hopefully this will last and we get to see the real Davy Propper .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
For me the interesting thing is that our two biggest remaining mavericks are out injured.

Agreed. Injury aside, Jose could end up being our best winger and Bissouma our best midfielder.

Hopefully, competition will be very fierce when they’re both fit. We didn’t need them on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here