Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we getting a little bit carried away ?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No doubt it will be another hard season. Only getting carried away for getting 3 points so early towards our 36/40 needed. My sights are set very low. All I wish for is to be all but clear of relegation with 10/12 games to go so can enjoy some tension free games

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
One result maybe but the style and execution is what is to be excited about especially as the players started were the same as the ones used last year. It’s shows they can adapt and enjoy playing a new way. If that’s not worth getting excited about then don’t not what is. Going to be a good season, of course there will be pitfalls along the way but a positive way of playing has to be applauded.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
There was an audible groan when the team was announced at Watford last Saturday, but they turned in an almost perfect away performance. The options from the bench are what excites, as we have game changers and can be flexible. What happens when Bissouma and Izzie return, who will be the ones to be left out. That doesn't include fringe players who could all do a job, or any of our youngster...... Blimey its going to be exciting whatever happens.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I said the same thing to my friends who are all on cloud 9. Remember the Martin Hinshelwood 3-0 victory away first game at Burnley several years back. Remember what followed?

1-3 wasn't it? All I know is someone slashed my tyre!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
We are getting carried away, but sometimes you need to live in the moment and just enjoy it. What's the point of being in the EPL if you the fans aren't going to have fun watching it? Stressing about relegation every season gets boring after a while, let's keep things realistic but for once let's be happy with an encouraging result.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
No I’m fully expecting champions league football and anything else would be considered an abject failure.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I would imagine a lot of teams won`t have the faintest idea how we are going to play at the moment which helps.
Going to be interesting to see how GP sets us up Saturday, same starting 11 or a bit of Trossard flair??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
edit ** what is keeping me grounded is the fact Watford did start to get right on top , should of scored when March was messing about and could of got a pen , we could of been talking about a 2-1 defeat if they had got back on terms. The performance was good but there was a few concerning signs ***

EXACTLY. A 7/10 performance, we can still go up another gear.

kjgood

Yes

I really enjoyed Saturdays performance. A 3-0 win away from home is something I never thought I would see again to be honest, not in the Premier League anyway.

But are some members of the board getting just a little bit too over excited ?... its only 1 result after all

Tell me I'm just a pessimist and we really are going to be great this season Marshy.. sit back and enjoy the football

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I really enjoyed Saturdays performance. A 3-0 win away from home is something I never thought I would see again to be honest, not in the Premier League anyway.

But are some members of the board getting just a little bit too over excited ?... its only 1 result after all

Tell me I'm just a pessimist and we really are going to be great this season Marshy.. sit back and enjoy the football

Potentially, but what it did show is that we'll try and play some actual football this year. That's enough to get me excited, even knowing we'll probably lose a similar amount of games.

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Before the match I predicted we would win 2-1 I also predicted we would finish 15th. I based this on what I had heard of GP and the recent signings but to be honest I was far from convinced we would win. As the match started I thought f*** here we go again but then something amazing happened, all the talk about Potters style started to become real. Yes the first was an own goal, but we caused that, and Murray was going to connect if Doucoure hadn't. Then we scored 2 more from open frigging play!!!! Last season a lot of our wins were damn lucky and our real competitiveness was cause for concern early on and then brutally apparent in the in the second half of the season. We have just won our first game of the season in style, playing a brand of football that made me proud to be a supporter of this team. I dont know what is to come but one thing is for sure if we stay up this season it will be because we deserve it and we are going to be competitive. So no I dont think we are getting ahead of ourselves. I truly think 15th is very achievable maybe a place or two higher.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Hughton never let us slip into the drop zone, just. If GP can do the same with more excitement on the pitch, then that'll be phase one accomplished. Anything around 15th or better will be a great result by May. Manage that and then I'll start getting a hard-on for our long-term future in the PL.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Oh yes for sure 'carried away'. But it is just following the media who these days hype everything up. One has though to be prepared for them to stick the knife in if things go just a little wrong. We have got new manaqer bounce which is great but as things stand we are still going to be in a tussle at the foot of the table. Bookies had us at around 2 to 1 to go down, we are now around 3 to 1. Things therefore look brighter but our players need to keep their feet on the ground. Dunk and Beckenbauer mentioned in the same sentence.. really !!! It is likely to be a tough one Saturday make no mistake.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's a great start but I won't start getting carried away until we beat West Ham and Shampton. I expect improvement on a weekly basis because we are only just fresh in this new era, and win lose or draw, all of our games will be competitive.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No need to get carried away. It's a marathon not a sprint. There are good teams in this division. Chants of "we're gonna win the league" probably a bit premature, reckon we should just aim for that top 4 spot

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am excited and will get a bit more excited come Saturday. But if we do have 9 points come the city game, which I am going to, I will be extremely excited. If we draw or win that then there will be no stopping me or the team! :albion:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I said the same thing to my friends who are all on cloud 9. Remember the Martin Hinshelwood 3-0 victory away first game at Burnley several years back. Remember what followed?

What's the point of following football all your life if you can't go a little nuts after a FLAIR 3-0 opening day win away.

Most of us realise we probably won't finish in the top four, but it's fun to speculate while we can.

I agree with all. I think I’m just a confused individual :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here