Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I think a truly serious question should be asked. What is Tony expecting from Potter and what is a way to measure the success of that expectation that makes his performance better than what Tony would have expected from Chris Hughton? I think that question should be asked of every owner after he replaces a manager who wasn't that unsuccessful (probably the real reason CH was so shocked when he was sacked) and the team was not relegated like Fulham, who Potter lost to this past week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’re going to sit in the front row wearing a T-Shirt with your avatar on it aren’t you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, I would. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I'd ask Potter that given that we have probably out performed for the last two years, and that we need to improve next season, does my bum look big in this?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I see this is conveniently sold out before all the moaners snap up tickets.

Bugger.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They didn’t realise it was on - the same group having all unsubscribed from emails because of the club’s persistent and deliberate spamming of their mailboxes with millions of pointless and irrelevant emails about the Wimmin’s team.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think a truly serious question should be asked. What is Tony expecting from Potter and what is a way to measure the success of that expectation that makes his performance better than what Tony would have expected from Chris Hughton? I think that question should be asked of every owner after he replaces a manager who wasn't that unsuccessful (probably the real reason CH was so shocked when he was sacked) and the team was not relegated like Fulham, who Potter lost to this past week.

Not this again. Chris SAID he was shocked. If he really was, then he is a fool. BTW Chris lost by a greater margin at Fulham last season , and that was in a meaningful game. FFS.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not this again. Chris SAID he was shocked. If he really was, then he is a fool. BTW Chris lost by a greater margin at Fulham last season , and that was in a meaningful game. FFS.

He was probably more shocked he didn’t get his marching orders after the Cardiff game after escaping the Bournemouth collapse. Or the embarrassing display at Spurs which rapidly turned into a Sunday league performance.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ok I'll submit "Is it true that the club flew Shane's best friend from Ireland in an attempt to stop him gambling into the small hours in the week before a relegation six pointer?" and see if they use it.

Yep. Perfect !!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was probably more shocked he didn’t get his marching orders after the Cardiff game after escaping the Bournemouth collapse.

Can't argue with that, but this...

Or the embarrassing display at Spurs which rapidly turned into a Sunday league performance.

..is utter nonsense. I'm astonished that anybody who attended that game (did you?) could have felt 'embarrassed' by the team's efforts. It wasn't pretty, but it was ****ing HEROIC.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

In CH’s salad days, we lost at Craven Cottage too.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Shame Dan Ashworth isn't there. I'd proxy ask him for his grading of his own performance so far, following his "My job is to ensure that the manager keeps his job" quote in March.

Indeed

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Shame Dan Ashworth isn't there. I'd proxy ask him for his grading of his own performance so far, following his "My job is to ensure that the manager keeps his job" quote in March.

Quite

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

I’m going out on a limb here, but I’m going to hazard a guess that you’re not Chris’s agent, are you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But one that was doomed to failure against one of the top 6. I do not think that we should have gone gung ho and attacked them but should have at least tried to at some point and perhaps snatched a goal.

Well given that we kept them out for 88 minutes, it clearly could have worked, couldn't it? And to suggest we never tried to score is plain stupid. From memory we had 3 corners, a dangerous free kick, 6 shots at goal, a decent opportunity for Andone on the break first half, and another for Kayal second half, and March's shot a foot wide of the near post in injury time :shrug:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But one that was doomed to failure against one of the top 6. I do not think that we should have gone gung ho and attacked them but should have at least tried to at some point and perhaps snatched a goal.

We did, we had 6 shots during the game which is a huge number away from home for us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't argue with that, but this...

..is utter nonsense. I'm astonished that anybody who attended that game (did you?) could have felt 'embarrassed' by the team's efforts. It wasn't pretty, but it was ****ing HEROIC.

I was embarrassed by how we shot when we had a couple of breakaways late in that game. Not sure that heroic is a term I’d use when playing a team in the same division as us and sticking everyone behind the ball like a fourth division side. Sad that we have such an inferiority complex that even our fans find backs the walls performances week in week out heroic. Desperate is what I’d call it having dug the hole we were in by playing the same way for a large portion of the season.

Each to their own though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was embarrassed by how we shot when we had a couple of breakaways late in that game. Not sure that heroic is a term I’d use when playing a team in the same division as us and sticking everyone behind the ball like a fourth division side. Sad that we have such an inferiority complex that even our fans find backs the walls performances week in week out heroic. Desperate is what I’d call it having dug the hole we were in by playing the same way for a large portion of the season.

Each to their own though.

Backs to the wall every week, against the bulk of the division, is not heroic.

Backs to the wall, when in shit form, away at Spurs, who were on fire, and had yet to concede a single goal at the new ground, with every player giving their absolute all, in defence of our goal, was in my eyes, undeniably heroic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here