Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
That is not what I was commenting about. I was saying that there are no offers for Alireza in the press because he is saying 'no' at the initial informal sounding out. Before fees are even considered.

And that is a bit irrelevant... my point is that we were very close to being relegated and need to hold onto our best players. Unless we have replaced with better, we cannot afford to let Knocky go, even if you think £15m is a good price. It isn’t BTW, not in today’s silly market. And not with well over £100m riding on our survival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He has had two seasons in the Premier League, we were not playing uber-conservative in each and every single minute of every single game. Besides, when has Knocky listened to anyone like his manager?

Only 99% of the time. And how do you know Knocky wasn’t listening to Chris? He got back defending well in a lot of games.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I dunno, love Knocky but so frustrating last year. I think he'll leave and I think we can do better there, hopefully Trossard.

Trossard is mainly on left, so no.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I hope Knocky stays but if he is being offered more money, more time on the pitch, walking off the pitch with a greater win rate and possibly being part of a promotion winning team, I'd go.

Is he tho’?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He has had two seasons in the Premier League, we were not playing uber-conservative in each and every single minute of every single game. Besides, when has Knocky listened to anyone like his manager?

Are you privy to the instructions that Hughton gave to Knockaert? Didn’t think so.

What were you actually watching last season, as it seems it wasn’t Brighton. We played frustratingly dull football for the vast majority of the season, we went an entire month without scoring a goal. We were dreadful, it would take a Messi type player to shine in a shower of shite like that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only 99% of the time. And how do you know Knocky wasn’t listening to Chris? He got back defending well in a lot of games.

Most of the time he chased back was more a fit of pique when he lost the ball, often lunging in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If somebody wants Knocky for £15M that is at least worth thinking about - that's probably more than we'd get at the moment for the ones you want to get rid of as a job lot anyway.
Why do you think that is?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do think £15m is even crazier.

So I guess that means I think the club should take the money, which has rather surprised me.
If only we were talking about £5m - £8m.
I think you're a little out of touch with modern transfer fees. You don't get a player like Knocky for £5m - £8m

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope Knocky stays but if he is being offered more money, more time on the pitch, walking off the pitch with a greater win rate and possibly being part of a promotion winning team, I'd go.
Some (many) players prefer to challenge themselves at the top level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you're a little out of touch with modern transfer fees. You don't get a player like Knocky for £5m - £8m

True, after all the Albion only paid £3m for him, much the same as Gross!

My point being £5m - £8m would be an easy, no thought given, turn down, whereas £15m, less so.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Let's put to bed all this horseshite about Knocky leaving us for a Championship team...

It makes as much sense as breaking up a boat to make a raft...TOTALLY stupid, why oh why would we do this??

Best player on his day, makes mincemeat out of iffy opposition defenders

I assume the 'fans' thinking £15m and get rid makes a lot of sense thought that Ashley Barnes was a workshy layabout with no talent :facepalm:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Let's put to bed all this horseshite about Knocky leaving us for a Championship team...

It makes as much sense as breaking up a boat to make a raft...TOTALLY stupid, why oh why would we do this??

I assume the 'fans' thinking £15m and get rid makes a lot of sense thought that Ashley Barnes was a workshy layabout with no talent :facepalm:

I don’t think any of us can actually comment on whether it’s a good idea at this stage as there is a whole list of variables that us as fans don’t know currently...... What system are we going to play ? If Knocky goes who are we looking to recruit ?

As things stand it probably doesn’t look a great idea but if we are looking to change how we play it could turn out to be a wise decision. I agree about him when he is on his day, unfortunately he only had about 2 of them last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

How often does he come up against iffy opposition defenders?

Not for the first time a stout defence of AK reads like a 'Championship' at best statement. (Not a sentiment I agree with)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s a no from me - so surely that ends this thread?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My point being £5m - £8m would be an easy, no thought given, turn down, whereas £15m, less so.
You said that you don't want him to go, but that £15m is crazy. You're mistaken, £15m is not crazy for someone of Knocky's standard. We paid more than that for Locadia, Ali J - do you think they're better than Knocky?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here