Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Now is not the time to be isolating ourselves, limiting our choices of allies or buddying up to the likes of Trump. We are manoeuvring ourselves into a very, very weak position. Nobody seems to have the guts to say this and do something about it. Frightening.

Please, America is still the biggest economy in the world, we should be blowing Trump off if that’s what’s needed to do business because that’s what everyone else is prepared to do. We are NOT isolating ourselves, we are making ourselves more open to trade with the rest of the world on more favourable terms than ever before. Europe is an important market but it’s shrinking and by no means the bee all. And - this will mess with your head I know - we will STILL be trading with them post Brexit. FFS, it’s not a declaration of war. We are leaving a union. We will still be friends. Still neighbours. Still looking out for each other (if we ever did). If anything’s frightening it’s the oxygen you’re wasting telling a pack of lies every day. Use it more purposefully, I don’t know, go pick up some rubbish or something.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you are so confident that LEAVE means LEAVE on October 31st, why won't you take up Brighton Lines offer to you ?

Well ?

I'm happy to bet. But the Pink One won't respond to my follow ups on his confidence. Happy to lose to a good cause as well.

Over to you [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION]

Tell you what, Pink One, I'll double your stake if I lose.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Please, America is still the biggest economy in the world, we should be blowing Trump off if that’s what’s needed to do business because that’s what everyone else is prepared to do. We are NOT isolating ourselves, we are making ourselves more open to trade with the rest of the world on more favourable terms than ever before. Europe is an important market but it’s shrinking and by no means the bee all. And - this will mess with your head I know - we will STILL be trading with them post Brexit. FFS, it’s not a declaration of war. We are leaving a union. We will still be friends. Still neighbours. Still looking out for each other (if we ever did). If anything’s frightening it’s the oxygen you’re wasting telling a pack of lies every day. Use it more purposefully, I don’t know, go pick up some rubbish or something.

The more people like you blather on and run your mouths off, the more foolish you will look if we do leave. Trading with the U.S is one thing, being beholden to them is quite another.
You need to quieten down and listen to what’s being said to you, kidder.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The more people like you blather on and run your mouths off, the more foolish you will look if we do leave. Trading with the U.S is one thing, being beholden to them is quite another.
You need to quieten down and listen to what’s being said to you, kidder.

If you’d be paying attention, you’d already know we’re leaving. We just don’t know the terms of yet. Perhaps it’s time you did a bit more listening? Your consistent mistake is to judge people as all or nothing. Which makes you an idiot. Add your childish gibberish to the equation and you’re an irritating idiot. Alas, tolerate you we must even if it’s our duty to correct your drivel. But that’s me done today, someone else’s turn to take over now...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm happy to bet. But the Pink One won't respond to my follow ups on his confidence. Happy to lose to a good cause as well.

Over to you [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION]

Tell you what, Pink One, I'll double your stake if I lose.

He doesn't do empathy, mate. Its like discussing the finer points of sanitation with someone who stops off on the way home from the pub to piss in a shop doorway.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good news about Jaguar Land Rover isn't it.

It is.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...uild-electric-xj-car-at-castle-bromwich-plant

However, Hams Hall will import cells for its batteries from Asia, in the absence of a major British manufacturer. JLR on Friday called for the manufacture of a “gigafactory” in the UK to provide the large volumes of battery cells it will need for its cars.

Speth said: “Affordability will only be achieved if we make batteries here in the UK, close to vehicle production, to avoid the cost and safety risk of importing from abroad.

“The UK has the raw materials, scientific research in our universities and an existing supplier base to put the UK at the leading edge of mobility and job creation.”

In common with other manufacturers with significant British operations, the company is desperate to avoid a no-deal Brexit, which would probably result in the imposition of tariffs on its imported components.

Still huge issues.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

:lolol:

No but seriously, that post is spot on.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It is. Shame about Honda and Vauxhall though, isn't it?

Of course nothing to do with Brexit. More to do with electric cars and less people willing to but diesel/petrol. Stop making things up. Maybe if you gambled more Ladbrokes wouldn't be closing so many shops. Its call economics. Profit rules so the take theceasy route

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you’d be paying attention, you’d already know we’re leaving. We just don’t know the terms of yet. Perhaps it’s time you did a bit more listening? Your consistent mistake is to judge people as all or nothing. Which makes you an idiot. Add your childish gibberish to the equation and you’re an irritating idiot. Alas, tolerate you we must even if it’s our duty to correct your drivel. But that’s me done today, someone else’s turn to take over now...

Air pie and windy pudding. As usual.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course nothing to do with Brexit. More to do with electric cars and less people willing to but diesel/petrol. Stop making things up. Maybe if you gambled more Ladbrokes wouldn't be closing so many shops. Its call economics. Profit rules so the take theceasy route

The guy running the parody PPF account is clearly branching out. I like it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And that is the point that has infuriated the parliament and MEP`s and led them to label the process undemocratic . That at the end of the process,their nominations for president of the commission have been completely ignored and one candidate,Ursula Leyen,who wasnt even on the ballot and didnt have a manifesto, has been nominated to be president of the commission

Still doesnt explain how TB thinks there are currently as of now 4 candidates for president of the commission

The choice of Ursula Leyen was, according to President Macron “the fruit of a deep Franco-German entente” .... see same old stitch up.

Another case of remainers finding out what they voted for ...

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
No one is claiming they are voting against the government 'for the sake of it'. Opposition MPs are voting against the government's deal because they oppose it. (Even some of the Tories who supported it say it is a terrible deal that will reduce Britain to a vassal state, etc.)

The situation would not have arisen if it was clear what form of Brexit the people voted for, albeit narrowly, on 23 June 2016. A clear decision by the people on a specific way forward would solve the problem.

So are you in agreement with Lever with his earlier post that MP`s will do what is right for us regardless of what we voted for ,what is in their view our best interest .In the event of another Referendum would they do the same ?

Jan 30, 2008
Morning Dull Repetition
Once again... to you and all Express readers....
In our system of democracy we entrust MPs to represent our best interests as they sincerely believe it to be; as such our representatives have agency and are expected to act as they see fit, almost but not always in accordance with what we think is best. They are not merely our mouth-piece.

If you don't like what they do you can vote them out next election - but you will still get another representative charged with doing the best for us - not always what we demand!

Absute tosh , it was a valid question asked ,the facts are Politicians are ignoring their constituents regardless of leave or remain, get a grip FFS !
Regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
It is on the table (supposedly, although realistically probably not) because they haven't been able to agree which deal has a majority. It wasn't on the table in June 2016, so you didn't vote for it, as it wasn't possible to.

No, "people like me" haven't invented the idea of doing a deal.

Leave politicians said at the time of the vote we would leave with a negotiated deal in place. It was agreed by everyone that if we do leave, we leave with a deal, because we'd rather not **** up our economy too much. It would be stupid to leave without a deal, why would you do that?

So once again, WHICH DEAL DID YOU WANT US TO LEAVE WITH IN June 2016?

Please try to just answer one question for once, it's really boring trying to debate when you just avoid the question endlessly.

Which deal did you vote for when you voted on June 2016?

I gave you my answer , I'm not repeating myself
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here