Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

• Total voters

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Was just about to post about the annoying band, with each tune on repeat, they ruin them.

Is it still the Massive twats, these days?

Was so glad I was at the opposite end to the band a the New Zealand game at the Amex but even then it was bloody annoying...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It has potential, it's whether the investment begins to flow more fluidly than haphazardly like it has done over the past 5 years.

It has potential. It’s whether the football begins to flow more fluidly than haphazardly. The game, as it stands, is refereed by totally clueless officials and the standards are sooo totally erratic with some countries playing to a reasonable standard whilst others look like they’ve literally never seen a football. It renders the competition completely pointless.

Investment is clearly the key but it requires the various FAs to develop more evenly or they might as well not bother having a global competition.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Still a few things to be worked on (USA or France would punish our sloppiness more) but WE'RE IN A WORLD CUP SEMIFINAL - GET IN!!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've talked a lot about quality in the past but let's take a moment to enjoy that for what it was. Three quality goals, excellent coaching from "Team England's Phil Neville" and a game that was rarely in doubt. I'll certainly be watching the semi final.

Yes, there are things that as a qualified coach, who has worked with kids, annoy me, Our left back foul throws every time. There's no way a penalty should be saved by a keeper diving after the kick is struck. But I have to accept these limitations and move on because I genuinely enjoyed seeing us win that game comfortably.

One other thing was noticeable and that's the lack of niggle. My son said to me "the girls are clearly hurting more when they're injured but they don't roll around or try to trick the ref". He's right. These ladies are a lot harder than some of the male pros and a lot more honest.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Good point, well made :down:

Welcome back, Tom. You had us worried for a moment there.

Any predictions for the other Quarter-Finals? :wink:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I wasn’t a fan. I remember when it genuinely was awful. It didn’t help that utter dickheads like that Chelsea nob head on Soccer Saturday just took the piss.
HOWEVER
The biggest changer for me is 2 things:
1. The standard has massively improved, fair play.
2. I have 10 and 8 year old boys, they have watched all of it and loved it, they are making their own minds up, not swayed by peer pressure or ‘bantz’.
As such I’ve watched some of it with them and once you accept it’s slower than the men’s it’s quite good.

One thing I hope to hell doesn’t happen now is that the England dickhead fans decide to get involved. That band can FO for a start, they are genuinely not needed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here