Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Spoke to my Pompey supporting brother in law, his opinion is Clarke is the best defender in the league, really comfortable on the ball. We may have to sell dunk or Duffy in order to release funds for a striker, if so looked like a good replacement, young, British, just lacks the premier experience,
Dunk is good on the ball so will be integral to the way that Potter likes to play out from the back. Would take a huge offer I think before the club would agree to sell. I expect there to be funds for a new striker without having to sell Dunk.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Spoke to my Pompey supporting brother in law, his opinion is Clarke is the best defender in the league, really comfortable on the ball. We may have to sell dunk or Duffy in order to release funds for a striker, if so looked like a good replacement, young, British, just lacks the premier experience,

We need to sell to 'release' funds?

Have I missed something here? I was under the impression we have secured another 100M+ by staying up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Currently being linked with a 53 million pound move to Liverpool.

If I was Klopp I would stick with Gomez, far better. With the ridiculous fees being branded about I would expect Dunk to be in the £30m bracket now. It is strange when you think back to the fact Clough made Trevor Francis the first £1m player.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Lewis Dunk
Shane Duffy
Dan Burn
Leon Balogun
Ben White

Plus possibly Clarke.

Only need 4 centre backs, so 2 need to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
We need to sell to 'release' funds?

Have I missed something here? I was under the impression we have secured another 100M+ by staying up.

I suppose it means if we are going LARGE on a striker, or 2, and other positions then we will need to utilise the 100m PL money to the full in order to get all squad improvements completed. For example, spend 50 odd mill like last year from it AND supplement it with money from a transfer of the likes of Duffy or Dunk etc..... This is the typical and usual approach most clubs take when re shaping a squad...

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Lewis Dunk
Shane Duffy
Dan Burn
Leon Balogun
Ben White

Plus possibly Clarke.

Only need 4 centre backs, so 2 need to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jury is still out on Burn and Balogun for me. I have my doubts about Burn being able to be the ball playing centre back Potter’s style demands. As for White, if we do go with a back three he has experience playing in that system from his time with Newport.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Jury is still out on Burn and Balogun for me. I have my doubts about Burn being able to be the ball playing centre back Potter’s style demands. As for White, if we do go with a back three he has experience playing in that system from his time with Newport.

And White has no experience whatsoever of anything other than football at the a**** end of League Two with Newport.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
And White has no experience whatsoever of anything other than football at the a**** end of League Two with Newport.

And Peterborough. I’m not advocating throwing White in at the deep end. However, he is still young, has played in a similar system to that which we may end up seeing (three at the back) and therefore may be considered the more malleable option. Just my two cents though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here