Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Totenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Dreadful Dreadful stuff. 6 games no goals. Boring defensive football for 90 mins

Bloody good effort to nearly snaffle a point from a team with a squad that probably cost three(?), five(?) times more than ours (i.e. much better players). Heartbreaking we didn't quite make it.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
2 games ago we were questioning if the players wanted it. Today I think they showed they do. Great effort from every player.

I think today and Saturday has shown that every single player (bar perhaps Izzy who seems lost, injured, unhappy, who knows) is ready to fight. Which is great. I wouldn't have said that two games ago.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've made about 3 comments you idiot. It's a forum for opinions. I know many people who have had enough of the football being dished up. We are not unlucky.
Tonight we were unfortunate. Against teams like Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff, we were terrible. Now is not the time to lay into the team as we nearly pulled off a great point at one of the best teams in Europe. Well done Albion.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've moaned in recent weeks about our lack of discipline and work rate.

I absolutely cannot say that about the last two games. Magnificent defensive effort in both. Such a shame that we got so, so close to a point tonight. Heartbreaking.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Worst possible result for us, 4:0 would be less damaging as the morale of those players will be utterly destroyed after a last minute winner. They should be proud though. Now play like that on saturday and we might get a draw.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Er, goal difference? We still have to play Arsenal and City, so a 4-0 drubbing tonight would have reduced the goal difference deficit to +10 and if Cardiff get a win and we take two top 6 tonkings we drop into the bottom 3.

I think Saturday is a different animal. All thoughts of tonight will have gone by then, indeed it makes it crystal clear we have to go at Newcastle with everything we've got left.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NSC favourites Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Andone start - yet no goals, one effort on target.

NSC fall guys March, Murray and Knockaert were out of the picture.

What gives?

Bit hard to shine when you are playing in and around your own penalty area for most of the game. Showed more going forward when we did break though.

That was a game for 11 defenders and the forwards did a great defensive job imo, won’t see me knocking them

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dreadful Dreadful stuff. 6 games no goals. Boring defensive football for 90 mins

shut-up-fool.jpg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Wouldn't be in this position if we had picked up just 3 points from last 3 home (HOME) games against Saints, Plucky & Cardiff. As opposed to losing the lot.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Well the old saying is "you dont always get out of life what you deserve" ... Albion deserved a point , great defensive performance again but just takes one second to score and we were undone.

Cant fault the effort & the desire , sadly we wasted the couple of half chances we had as looked like Spurs could play all night and not score but thats the difference between our level & theirs , they have that extra bit of quality in the end.

For those saying things have to change , well time you took note , we are Brighton & Hove Albion , we can not go toe to toe with top 6 sides as they would rip us apart , we have to be pragmatic and defend so be realistic what you hope for.

All in all a tad disappointed we could hold out but pride restored after the last two performances even though just 1 point gained its 1 more than many expected. Now for Newcastle and lets make sure we scrap for everything and get the points.

Reminder that we need to take the game to Newcastle on Saturday, a performance like that won’t be any good. My biggest fear is the players have simply forgotten how to do it and the manager hasn’t made it a priority

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Makes a nonsense of some of the tripe dished out on NSC in the last few weeks. Those were players who care, playing for a manager whose tactics almost pulled off an unexpected point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here