Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Ashes To Ashes - Sky Box Sets

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agreed, Life on Mars was much better. They captured that grim and grimey 70's look to perfection.

Not sure why but never watched Life on Mars till now and yes miles better and funnier.

DI Sam Tyler, we need to integrate with these Irish people and talk to them to find out who did this, DCI Gene Hunt "Top of the morning Gentleman, which ******* set of the car bomb"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure why but never watched Life on Mars till now and yes miles better and funnier.

DI Sam Tyler, we need to integrate with these Irish people and talk to them to find out who did this, DCI Gene Hunt "Top of the morning Gentleman, which ******* set of the car bomb"

Shame because Ashes to Ashes was very decent, but after Life on Mars it felt like a bit of a let-down. If you watched it the other way round though, you probably did it the best way.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Fire Up the Quattro.

We thought it was all over with Ashes To Ashes, but Matthew Graham and Ashley Pharoah’s time-travelling saga – that began with Life On Mars – looks set to return for a ‘final chapter’.

During a live watch-along of Life On Mars, Graham issued a number of tweets that revealed details about what would be a third and final instalment of the story.

Graham told fans that he’s expecting all the main stars – John Simm, Phillip Glenister and Keeley Hawes among them – for the instalment, and see it as as ‘four or five episodes’.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I rewatched Life on Mars not so long ago and rather enjoyed it.

When I moved on to Ashes I found it really disappointing, for me it really didn't hold up to a second viewing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed, Life on Mars was much better. They captured that grim and grimey 70's look to perfection.

Loved Life on Mars. Towards the end, Brighton supporter Ralph Brown (he of the Camberwell Carrott) appeared in a couple of episodes.

I haven't watched any of Ashes to Ashes. Simply didn't fancy it.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Fire Up the Quattro.

We thought it was all over with Ashes To Ashes, but Matthew Graham and Ashley Pharoah’s time-travelling saga – that began with Life On Mars – looks set to return for a ‘final chapter’.

During a live watch-along of Life On Mars, Graham issued a number of tweets that revealed details about what would be a third and final instalment of the story.

Graham told fans that he’s expecting all the main stars – John Simm, Phillip Glenister and Keeley Hawes among them – for the instalment, and see it as as ‘four or five episodes’.

I think that would be a real shame.

The ending of Ashes to Ashes was so well crafted that trying to revive the series would spoil it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We love the Drama channel, proper old biddie stuff. Probably the tv channel of choice in our house.

As Time Goes By is still a brilliant watch with Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer

The wife can’t get enough of old Silent Witness and Kanvanagh QC amongst other old programmes.

Not sure this adds to the thread but I thought I’d say it anyway

As Time Goes By is still running on the Drama Channel.
Life on Mars finished 11 days ago, with Ashes to Ashes replacing it at 21.00 for two hours on a Saturday night.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Loved Life on Mars. Towards the end, Brighton supporter Ralph Brown (he of the Camberwell Carrott) appeared in a couple of episodes.

I haven't watched any of Ashes to Ashes. Simply didn't fancy it.

Its still very enjoyable - just not as good as the original series.

"Fire up the Quattro"

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Watching the series on Drama currently, and I'm starting to get annoyed by the amount of music that is played, which was not released in 1981 the year that the series was set in. :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here