Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Having put in a transfer request, he clearly wants out, so I'm guessing they will have a sulky player to deal with. But if that involves him throwing himself on the floor and crying, will anyone even notice a change in his behaviour?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Soooooo predictable borrrring

And they've done some ok business.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think you'll find yourself very much in the minority with that analysis, if you have a glance at the goonsquad meltdown going on right now over their summer dealings.

Face it, if we'd signed the players they have, you'd have us pegged as relegation certs by Christmas.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
HODGSON: ZAHA BEEF WITH BOARD

Confirmation from Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson that Wilfried Zaha will not be leaving Selhurst Park this summer.

“Yes, he's staying, we are pleased about that. He's an important player for the club. We are looking forward to him doing this season, what he's done for the last two seasons, like winning all those penalties” Hodgson said. “He wasn't really in the right frame of mind today, so I sent him home today which is understandable.

“It’s been well documented that he's wanted to leave but it has not worked out for him in that respect. He's a professional and has got a good contract with us. He's very much a player we respect and I believe he respects us.

“We expect him to come back and do what he does and we're looking forward to a season with him again. Everyone here has a good relationship with him. There's not a problem with that.

"His beef is with the chairman and owners of the club because he's wanted to leave and they haven't received the offer that they think is sufficient to allow him to leave.

“He has to come to terms with that, when you sign long term contracts you are expected to honour them and we expect him to do that.

“I don't have any issues with him. Today wasn't the right day so I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow and hopefully he'll have come to terms with the fact he's got another season with Crystal Palace.”

Bzz1YYHNRRG6RwdnLsKn_skysports-football-wilfried-zaha_4571846.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
HODGSON: ZAHA BEEF WITH BOARD

Confirmation from Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson that Wilfried Zaha will not be leaving Selhurst Park this summer.

“Yes, he's staying, we are pleased about that. He's an important player for the club. We are looking forward to him doing this season, what he's done for the last two seasons, like winning all those penalties” Hodgson said. “He wasn't really in the right frame of mind today, so I sent him home today which is understandable.

“It’s been well documented that he's wanted to leave but it has not worked out for him in that respect. He's a professional and has got a good contract with us. He's very much a player we respect and I believe he respects us.

“We expect him to come back and do what he does and we're looking forward to a season with him again. Everyone here has a good relationship with him. There's not a problem with that.

"His beef is with the chairman and owners of the club because he's wanted to leave and they haven't received the offer that they think is sufficient to allow him to leave.

“He has to come to terms with that, when you sign long term contracts you are expected to honour them and we expect him to do that.

“I don't have any issues with him. Today wasn't the right day so I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow and hopefully he'll have come to terms with the fact he's got another season with Crystal Palace.”

An awful lot to read between the lines. Roy was very candid

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Did he really say "like winning all those penalties"?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ZAHA STAYING AT PALACE

Sky Sports News have been told by Crystal Palace's that their business is done and Wilfried Zaha is staying at the club.
:lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
*Waits for Tumble to declare his love for Celtic and demand a loan there*

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
School has just finished as well, hasn't it?

Won't be long before the first one rolls up on here.
No, they're on their summer holidays. Not sure why they haven't been on all day gloating about their great signings.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
HODGSON: ZAHA'S BEEF IS WITH HIERARCHY

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson tells Sky Sports News Wilfried Zaha is upset with the club's hierarchy after they stopped him from leaving the club this summer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"His beef is with the owners and the chairman... they haven’t been able to work a deal out for him. I am looking forward to seeing him back tomorrow and hopefully he will have come to terms with the fact that he has another season with Crystal Palace.

:lolol:

Lovely stuff Roy. Lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here