[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
[tweet]1159110935900020736[/tweet]

[tweet]1159112938491457537[/tweet]

[tweet]1159112630356840448[/tweet]

This is just lovely, lovely stuff. So much pain. :lolol:

Absolute scenes, although at least they can console themselves with the signing of Cahill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At least he can say goodbye properly - Everton first game is against Palace at Selhurst Park

Hahaha. Wilf playing for Everton, and scoring in that game, would be just the most DELICIOUS start to the season imaginable.

(Not that it would happen. No doubt if this transfer proceeds, Palace will insist on an (informal) agreement that he doesn't feature in that game)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I really hope he goes.

Zaha’s exit will be known as the beginning of the end for that club. And I’m going to enjoy every second of it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not obsessed about the rivalry, but I’ve had a huge chip on my shoulder with that club over the past 8 years.

I want to crush them, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DDc9.gif

Palace's next 24 hours in the transfer market

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Zaha clearly feels his value has been met by Everton, but Palace still feel that it is short,

If Prince Charming is going back on his promise to let him go for fair value, what other choice does he have?

Palace's fault if they don't have a replacement lined up, not as if this hasn't been rumbling on all summer.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
This is truly hilarious, it has gone exactly as many of us guessed it would. There was an agreement between Zaha and Parish widely reported that he would be able to leave for a fair offer, that agreement was made last summer, and now the club are reneging. The club are getting a reputation in the league as not good to do business with as well, all of which could see them with a huge mess by Friday. Loving it. The big clue to the current issues was the TV interview that Hodgson gave a couple of days ago when he was asked about Zaha being back with the club and training. Check the link and see the way he answers the last 2 questions. He knew it was coming, or had already happened. https://www.skysports.com/football/...-wants-four-signings-before-transfer-deadline

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hodgson: "Right, has anyone got a mobile number for Teddy Sherringham or Paolo Di Canio?"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is truly hilarious, it has gone exactly as many of us guessed it would. There was an agreement between Zaha and Parish widely reported that he would be able to leave for a fair offer, that agreement was made last summer, and now the club are reneging. The club are getting a reputation in the league as not good to do business with as well, all of which could see them with a huge mess by Friday. Loving it. The big clue to the current issues was the TV interview that Hodgson gave a couple of days ago when he was asked about Zaha being back with the club and training. Check the link and see the way he answers the last 2 questions. He knew it was coming, or had already happened. https://www.skysports.com/football/...-wants-four-signings-before-transfer-deadline

Depends which club you speak to though. Liverpool absolutely LOVE them.

#Benteke
#Sakho

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can't see Palace selling him now regardless of the transfer request. The scum are playing Everton on the opening day and Zaha's head won't be in the right place to start.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hahaha. Wilf playing for Everton, and scoring in that game, would be just the most DELICIOUS start to the season imaginable.

(Not that it would happen. No doubt if this transfer proceeds, Palace will insist on an (informal) agreement that he doesn't feature in that game)
Can’t see the buying club agreeing to that given the vitality of points in this league.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can’t see the buying club agreeing to that given the vitality of points in this league.

Well, such a clause is not enforceable - it contravenes the rules. But if Palace say (informally, of course) that they'll only sign off on the deal, on condition that he doesn't feature, then Everton would go along with it, to get it done.

Given that the transfer would be likely less than 48 hours before that game, and Wilf hasn't even been introduced to, let alone trained with, his new team-mates, it isn't at all a big concession for Everton to make.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here