Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A Watford view.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Good read that thread. Quite a reasonable bunch really.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They are not happy bunnies, are they?

I did like the comment about Potter looking like the drummer in a one hit wonder Brit band :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Diving little weasel Anthony Knockaert has gone - He was viciously tackled in what could have been a career ending attack, and the perpetrator deservedly received a red card.:rant::rant:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Anyway, off we go for another season of taking each game as it comes, hoping to bloody the nose of the odd top 6 team (any kind of improvement on our 11 defeats out of 12 last season would be welcome) and aiming for a cup run so we can all have another nice couple of days out waving our plastic flags."

Fair comment that could equally apply to most of the Premier League sides.

It's a well-worn saying, but these days real competition in domestic football can only be found outside the EPL.

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
that's very gracious of them

but we've never beaten the champions of europe 3-0 in a play off final

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Diving little weasel Anthony Knockaert has gone - He was viciously tackled in what could have been a career ending attack, and the perpetrator deservedly received a red card.:rant::rant:

I think that anger stems from the play off game they played against Leicester a few years ago when Knocky dived to win a penalty in the last minute, only to then miss it and Watford score immediately down the end.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Credit to Cthulhu for this gem. Who here can't feel a similar sized chip sitting on their shoulder?

Precisely, big team players surround the ref, important team managers make the box signal to the ref, pundits talk about that, pressure on ref to do a VAR, if there is a close call pundits will spend ages after the game speaking about why the ref should have used VAR if its not done.

We do it, no one takes notice, probably book us for something, pundits will say that it wasn't a close call so VAR not needed and we cant expect EVERY decision to go to VAR.

The stats will show this by about half way through the season (The number of VAR calls per team will show the top 6 plus notorious cheats muff and palace, media darlings wolves at the top, us and the unwanted lower teams far fewer.) It will just be an extension of the bias we already see

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think that anger stems from the play off game they played against Leicester a few years ago when Knocky dived to win a penalty in the last minute, only to then miss it and Watford score immediately down the end.

Ah yes, I forgot about that.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
There’s some serious pessimism in the barren lands of Hertfordshire! Looks like a good time to be playing them - and we can’t possibly be as shit as were last season.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There’s some serious pessimism in the barren lands of Hertfordshire! Looks like a good time to be playing them - and we can’t possibly be as shit as were last season.

On a plus side, they've got a decent extension on the Intu shopping centre, more food outlets to choose from :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Brighton means an early chance for our season ticket holders not to turn up to a game or release their seat, thus getting their first strike towards having their season ticket removed next year, and then moaning about how unreasonable it was to be asked to email the ticket office. Happy days!' :lol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Credit to Cthulhu for this gem. Who here can't feel a similar sized chip sitting on their shoulder?

Precisely, big team players surround the ref, important team managers make the box signal to the ref, pundits talk about that, pressure on ref to do a VAR, if there is a close call pundits will spend ages after the game speaking about why the ref should have used VAR if its not done.

We do it, no one takes notice, probably book us for something, pundits will say that it wasn't a close call so VAR not needed and we cant expect EVERY decision to go to VAR.

The stats will show this by about half way through the season (The number of VAR calls per team will show the top 6 plus notorious cheats muff and palace, media darlings wolves at the top, us and the unwanted lower teams far fewer.) It will just be an extension of the bias we already see

That's exactly how I expect it to be this season

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Seem a half decent bunch on there. Not very optimistic about their chances this season yet they have done so well since being promoted. Troy Deeney is a monster player but they seem to have written him off......now watch him have a stormer against US.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Although EB Hornet is taking his daughter, and she's never seen them concede a goal, let alone lose.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That's a decent read. Some decent contributors and I enjoyed the opening post.

Loved this:

"Instead they've brought in Graham Potter, an eccentric character who looks like he could've been the drummer in a one hit wonder Britpop band."

:lolol:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Different thread but...
'Due to overrunning work on the Vicarage Road pitch and parts of the stadium, there is a strong chance that we're going to request that our first game of the season v Brighton is switched to the Amex '

I for one had not heard this anywhere, so I guess the pitch and stadium work got sorted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here