Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Oh come on guys.

He has a haircut that ends the game as it starts, that's art.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would not be a single bit surprised if he is gone by the end of the international window.

Possibly Swansman, but we are in the situation, where we paid £17m for him and he has a juicy Premier League contract, which very few clubs in Europe can equal or better and those clubs wouldn't want him.

I find it very unlikely we'll just cut our losses on Ali J. More likely is that we'll look to loan him for a year, probably somewhere in Italy or Spain. More likely still is that he won't go anywhere, he'll fight for his place and will feature occasionally as a bit part player. With a 25 man squad, there will always be decent players that don't make the 18 in any given game.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He'd be better this season than last (can't be any worse) in this formation but imo he's got Maupay, Gross, Locadia, Mooy and Trossard in front of him for two positions. He's not particaulry quick, skilful, strong or great at crossing which the others have got at least one of these attributes. None have the haircut obviously. Reckon he'll be here till January but wouldn't mind if he moved on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would not be a single bit surprised if he is gone by the end of the international window.

If he doesn't come up to scratch with everything in his favour then c'est la vie.

Someone was always going to miss out, I thought it might be Andone, (shows how little it know) but he's in the squad and can't be replaced so I assume he'll have to be really out of favour to leave now.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Personally, I’d get a loan fee out of him, possibly split his wages with said loan club in one of Europe’s top leagues. Hope he does well and then becomes an asset to clubs in Europe and will generate a decent selling fee for next summer. Give him the chance to put himself in the shop window.

Having said that, I wouldn’t mind giving him a chance in the number 10 role behind the 2 strikers, where Gross was today. His best game for us was away at West Brom in the cup replay playing there. So he could possibly excel playing there, in a more attaching ream.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He'd be better this season than last (can't be any worse) in this formation but imo he's got Maupay, Gross, Locadia, Mooy and Trossard in front of him for two positions. He's not particaulry quick, skilful, strong or great at crossing which the others have got at least one of these attributes. None have the haircut obviously. Reckon he'll be here till January but wouldn't mind if he moved on.

I'd say we should give him a chance and at least see how he does under the new system before we write him off completely. I rated Propper last season, but he was even better today under this system and Stephens also looked like a better player in this system too, so it's entirely possible that Ali J will do better this season given half a chance.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
If he doesn't come up to scratch with everything in his favour then c'est la vie.

Someone was always going to miss out, I thought it might be Andone, (shows how little it know) but he's in the squad and can't be replaced so I assume he'll have to be really out of favour to leave now.

Andone is going to be a player for us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andone is going to be a player for us.

Oh yes I agree, that comment just goes back to me initially thinking he'd be the one to miss out if Murray started and Maupay was on the bench.

Instead Pottertinio picked 3 strikers for the first game of the season, away from home.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Remind me what he is good at. Genuine request

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remind me what he is good at. Genuine request

Technically he’s very good. But lack of pace really seems to hamper him. Happy to ship him out if we can though, as we have so many options up there. Add to the 6 who were in the squad today Solly - he could play on the front 3 and Bernardo LB if needed - so the depth is huge there.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Technically he’s very good. But lack of pace really seems to hamper him. Happy to ship him out if we can though, as we have so many options up there. Add to the 6 who were in the squad today Solly - he could play on the front 3 and Bernardo LB if needed - so the depth is huge there.

When he plays is like we put a keepyuppy champion on the pitch who has no clue how to play a game of football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here