Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Rise in holocaust denial.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
A fantastic movie called ‘Denial’ came out recently concerning the David Irving court about Holocaust denial. Believe the BBC helped produce it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
A fantastic movie called ‘Denial’ came out recently concerning the David Irving court about Holocaust denial. Believe the BBC helped produce it.

Several years ago I had the misfortune to come across this man and some his "fans". Very strange people. Was watching Celtic on TV at the old Celtic Supporters Club upstairs in the Lectern on Lewes Road, and was then going to get the park and ride bus to Withdean. Came downstairs to the main bar and he was doing a book signing in the pub, with about 15 or so attendees. The landlord had not been asked in advance and had been caught off guard. He also had no idea who David Irving was. I am guessing he is unable (quite rightly) do do any publicised public appearances. A friend of mine tried to play ignorant and ask a couple of them who David Irving was and what kind of history he wrote. They all dodged the question and said nonsense like "he's well known because he writes honest history which some people choose to vilify". In retrospect I wished we'd kicked up a bit more of a fuss in there but we just walked out and went to the Withdean.

They were all 60+. I'd like to say they were clearly old blueshirts or skinheads, but in reality they looked like the type of men you see rounded up by those paedophile hunters on the internet. Absolute weirdos.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The lack of knowledge about the holocaust and the total number of Jews who were killed is understandable. The same people would not be able to tell you the name of Britain's leader during WW2 or manage to estimate accurately the population of London.

How is knowing the population of London a sign of relevant knowledge or stupidity?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
THE HOLOCAUST HAPPENED!!!!

How much fxxking louder can I say it?

But because I put forward the idea that the Jewish community like to constantly take every possible benefit from every opportunity to remind the world of The Holocaust, and to claim anti-semitism when it may or may not be the case, that makes me anti-Semitic?

Fxxk off!

:facepalm:

You’re one wierd person.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I have seen it. Rachel Weisz is terrible in it with some awful dialogue to spice up the facts but all the others are great.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I know that the holocaust happened. I also know that the Jewish propaganda machine is constantly at work to keep their perceived version of anti- semitism in the headlines. Nothing to see here, move on people.

They are forced to do it because of the levels of anti-semitism that exist both in this country and others. It is a level found higher amongst the upper echelons of society than down amongst ordinary working people. It is a prejudice of envy. it is a prejudice passed down by generations, who have continued to protect their place in the Establishment. It seeps into the blood of many of a privileged background. It is in the Public School, it is in the Civil Service, it is in the Foreign Office, it is in the corporate work-place and it is in political life in a huge way. Many deny it exists but they tend not to have studied history or have any appreciation of the workings of the Establishment in this country. It is protectionism. Protecting a way of life that has seen the same ' blue-bloodlines ' follow the same privileged career paths, irrespective of ability, for generation after generation.
The Jewish community have to bind together to help each other. In the past they have found obstruction and difficulty placed in their way. They are talented, clever and inventive. Too clever for some people. They are high achievers in many fields. Without them the fields of science, the arts, film, theatre, television, music, medicine, sport and education would be much the poorer.
The fact that anti-semitism is rife in political life demonstrates the agenda that still exists there. An agenda passed down by previous generations and that is why things have to change. Why this cossetted and privileged cabal has to be re-examined and if necessary reformed. If you do nothing , you allow the status quo to carry on. You allow this agenda to continue.
If you don't believe any of this, just ask yourself when was the last Jewish Prime Minister? and how many talented Jewish politicians have risen through the ranks but been unable secure the highest office. It was nothing to do with ability.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Time to move on and forgive and forget, no need to keep holding ‘remberance’ each year in my opinion, same with Poppy Day etc, always come ms across to me as attention seeking. How can we all try to get on in the world if each year we celebrate death and murder. Forgive, forget, move on.

Me to. i wish mrs DR would forgive and fourget finding me in bed with her sister and ocasionaly calling her by her sisters name when were having a jump as its a easy mistake to make as june and betty are very simillar

Regards
DR

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I’d say it’s ok to remember if you want too but not make such a big hoo ha and song and dance each year with the wreath laying and services etc, just quietly remember in your head without affecting everyone else, but I understand this opinion will not be to everyone’s thinking, just to me it’s come to the point where it all just needs forgetting about.

I think Fred Oliver would have been disappointed with yours views.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Me to. i wish mrs DR would forgive and fourget finding me in bed with her sister and ocasionaly calling her by her sisters name when were having a jump as its a easy mistake to make as june and betty are very simillar

Regards
DR

Went to the Doctor recently and told him that since I got divorced, I only want to go out with women called April, May or June. He told me I was suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I guess this post is implying that everyone in the UK is turning into Nazis?

All this poll says is that 1 in 20 people are either conspiracy theorists or of a certain faith. So if there is anything to be concerned about it should be applied in the right direction and not spreading scaremongering propaganda on an invented premise based on a poll.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I have seen it. Rachel Weisz is terrible in it with some awful dialogue to spice up the facts but all the others are great.

Went to a lecture with Lipstadt last week and she thought Weisz did well but of course they had to dramatise it to make it more ‘Hollywood’ (her biggest critique was at the time she didn’t even have a dog!)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They are forced to do it because of the levels of anti-semitism that exist both in this country and others. It is a level found higher amongst the upper echelons of society than down amongst ordinary working people. It is a prejudice of envy. it is a prejudice passed down by generations, who have continued to protect their place in the Establishment. It seeps into the blood of many of a privileged background. It is in the Public School, it is in the Civil Service, it is in the Foreign Office, it is in the corporate work-place and it is in political life in a huge way. Many deny it exists but they tend not to have studied history or have any appreciation of the workings of the Establishment in this country. It is protectionism. Protecting a way of life that has seen the same ' blue-bloodlines ' follow the same privileged career paths, irrespective of ability, for generation after generation.
The Jewish community have to bind together to help each other. In the past they have found obstruction and difficulty placed in their way. They are talented, clever and inventive. Too clever for some people. They are high achievers in many fields. Without them the fields of science, the arts, film, theatre, television, music, medicine, sport and education would be much the poorer.
The fact that anti-semitism is rife in political life demonstrates the agenda that still exists there. An agenda passed down by previous generations and that is why things have to change. Why this cossetted and privileged cabal has to be re-examined and if necessary reformed. If you do nothing , you allow the status quo to carry on. You allow this agenda to continue.
If you don't believe any of this, just ask yourself when was the last Jewish Prime Minister? and how many talented Jewish politicians have risen through the ranks but been unable secure the highest office. It was nothing to do with ability.

Jewish scousers must feel really put upon :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Time to move on and forgive and forget, no need to keep holding ‘remberance’ each year in my opinion, same with Poppy Day etc, always come ms across to me as attention seeking. How can we all try to get on in the world if each year we celebrate death and murder. Forgive, forget, move on.

Commemoration is different to celebration. Forgiving is cool but forgetting is wack, man.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You were serious with your first comment, then. I thought it was statbrother style dripping irony!

Personally I don't engage with the poppy business, but I'm certainly not going to forget
we fought two world wars against Germany and that the EU adventure is part of the price we pay for no more wars in Europe (give or take). Others clearly don't understand this at all, and imagine we can leave the EU and just go around twatting Germany (and France and Italy) again if they don't give us what we want. As for suggesting we just forget the Holocaust and move on......the number of times I recall, even in the 70s, hearing 'but they really don't do themselves any favours' comments....'always wanting to be separate and different'.....'always blaming everyone else'.....'and just look how they treat the Palestinians'....'they bring it on themselves'....'I'm not antisemitic, I just oppose the state of Israel'......FFS. Seriously. It makes it much easier to be a little bit racist if we forget about the Holocaust....

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I know that the holocaust happened. I also know that the Jewish propaganda machine is constantly at work to keep their perceived version of anti- semitism in the headlines. Nothing to see here, move on people.

That is a terribly ignorant post.

You cannot possibly compare the Holocaust with “the Jewish propaganda machine” and “move on”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here