Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Sepp Blatter must go, NOW? Reports Russia had 2018 BEFORE votes took place

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The FA and every other nation who bid for 2018 should sue FIFA for the cost of their bid process, being as we now know from the horses mouth (as was obviously suspected) that Russia was already a done deal, and all bids were, from the bidding nations point of view, a complete waste of time and money.

The FIFA delegates got all their lovely jollies out of it, being ferried around the various venues, being wined and dined and treated like royalty as the FA toadied up to them for votes. Now that the entire process has been revealed by Blatter himself to have already been rigged before a vote was even cast, any lawyer worth his salt should be able to get tens of millions out of that stinking cartel of an organisation, and hopefully bankrupt them in the process.

FIFA won't be able to pay right now, money is too tight. But we can get it in nine years.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'll make a prediction here and now, and back it with a £10 donation to the REMF if I'm proved wrong :
After all the puffing and posturing, the righteous indignation and spouting of hot-air, the 2018 world cup will go ahead exactly as planned.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
The FA were fools to bid for the World Cup in the first place. Corruption or not, there was no way it was going to be awarded to England. In football as in, it seems, every other sport the one thing that unifies the rest of the world is being against England.
Sure it would be good to get our money back - what's the chance of that happening? Zero.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'll make a prediction here and now, and back it with a £10 donation to the REMF if I'm proved wrong :
After all the puffing and posturing, the righteous indignation and spouting of hot-air, the 2018 world cup will go ahead exactly as planned.

Wouldn't bet against that.

Sadly.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Yep this.

Besides when all said and done and their shocking human rights etc (and the argument about football and politics not mixing when actually they do) but Russia haven't had a tournament and they do have a football pedigree at least. So from a football, and football ALONE perspective they are due one, having held international tournaments already.

2022 however ****ing stinks to high heaven.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yep this.

Besides when all said and done and their shocking human rights etc (and the argument about football and politics not mixing when actually they do) but Russia haven't had a tournament and they do have a football pedigree at least. So from a football, and football ALONE perspective they are due one, having held international tournaments already.

2022 however ****ing stinks to high heaven.

Yep Russia is fine if, as you say, you look at it from the football perspective exclusively. They have teams in the Champions League that are reasonably well respected, their international team regularly qualifies for tournaments, and it's the second most popular sport in the country after ice hockey.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now that the entire process has been revealed by Blatter himself to have already been rigged before a vote was even cast, any lawyer worth his salt should be able to get tens of millions out of that stinking cartel of an organisation, and hopefully bankrupt them in the process.
Tens of millions to several countries wouldn't even dent FIFA's wealth. They have over a billion in reserves. It is a non-profit organisation after all.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The FA were fools to bid for the World Cup in the first place. Corruption or not, there was no way it was going to be awarded to England. In football as in, it seems, every other sport the one thing that unifies the rest of the world is being against England.
Sure it would be good to get our money back - what's the chance of that happening? Zero.

Yep, there's no way on earth we'd have been successful with that bid to hold the Olympics in London in 2012.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Reports now that Blatter is suffering stress related health problems and is being treated at home. I suspect this is his play in being to ill to be extradited or prosecuted when the time inevitibly comes.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
In hospital now. Maybe reality is really setting in that his corrupt reign is over and he may be looking at a considerable stretch in the slammer.. Seb Coe next?!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In hospital now. Maybe reality is really setting in that his corrupt reign is over and he may be looking at a considerable stretch in the slammer.. Seb Coe next?!

Oh come on! Seb Coe's only crime is being a fervent supporter of Thatcher and now Cameron.

Yeh, OK - long stretch for him too!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh come on! Seb Coe's only crime is being a fervent supporter of Thatcher and now Cameron.

Yeh, OK - long stretch for him too!

Well he was a bit of a tool blaming the media when the athletics drugs allegations came out, so what has he got to hide ? ???

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Well he was chairman of the FIFA ethics committee in 2006 and oversaw huge corruption without any fundamental change delivered, vice chairman of IOC since 2007 and it is now emerging that corruption and drug taking were rife throughout the sport and the IOC were heavily involved. I don't know how many jobs you can have like that and continue to deny all knowledge and responsibility.

Next we'll find out he was on the VW board overseeing their latest 'technological advancements'.. But like everyone else didn't know anything about them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here