Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There was a very old gentleman sat 4 rows down from me Saturday (Saints). I don't recall seeing him before but I may be wrong. Anyway, at a guess I'd put him late 80's or even older. At half time our steward, who we all get on very well with, edged alone the line and very discreetly removed something from this old man. Unbelievably I caught a glimpse of a bottle top still attached to a bottle of wine!! In theory this old man should have been kicked out screaming and then received a life time ban but instead the situation was handled with discretion and the gent now knows.
Meanwhile the sticky soft drinks flow freely down the terracing from the knocked over bottles.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I saw a woman have an 'expensive' bottle of perfume from her handbag confiscated in the queue today.

She wasn't best pleased.

Obviously they scuppered her cunning plan to luzz it at the head of someone, like all us footie hooligans go there to do.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Spurs Barber really took offence to the Evian bottle cracking off Deli Ali’s head. Would love to know if Arsenal have the bottle top ban

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Has our form declined since the ban?
Yep, I think I pointed this out a while ago. Ban or not, it's a curious coincidence that our form has declined as has the general satisfaction of the way the club has been 'run' the past few months. Seems ever pettier in attitude and also more obsessed with grabbing what it can from supporters who are now it seems 'members'.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I posted this on the match day thread yesterday - a flask AND a bottle with top - the bbc commentator needs a ban!
F7824750-717B-4DD0-8FFE-7605755E49F1.jpeg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Saw a bunch of asian tourists bemusedly trying to find out why they couldn't take their bottles into the game. Didn't speak English, but the female steward was kind and patiently explained that they would keep the bottle safe in storeage somewhere to be collected later. I thought the club said they wouldn't do that?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I saw a woman have an 'expensive' bottle of perfume from her handbag confiscated in the queue today.

She wasn't best pleased.

Obviously they scuppered her cunning plan to luzz it at the head of someone, like all us footie hooligans go there to do.

West Stand Lower entrance by the top of the stairs? I saw a bottle of perfume by the turnstiles and had to do a double take.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Has our form declined since the ban?

This was earlier this season...

Premier league Home record before the flask ban

20 Played
8 win (40%)
8 draw (40%)
4 loss (20%)

Premier League Home Record since the ban on flasks:

12 Played
4 win (33.33%)
4 draw (33.33%)
4 loss (33.33%)

We're now on:

15 Played
6 win (40.00%)
4 draw (26.67%)
5 loss (33.33%)

While our win rate has improved from a few games back to now match our pre-ban form, our draws have dropped (*dirtychuckle*) to a lower rate while our losses remain consistent for the post-ban form - still a higher rate than before the ban.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

We're now on:

15 Played
6 win (40.00%)
4 draw (26.67%)
5 loss (33.33%)

While our win rate has improved from a few games back to now match our pre-ban form, our draws have dropped (*dirtychuckle*) to a lower rate while our losses remain consistent for the post-ban form - still a higher rate than before the ban.

Statastic :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Premier league Home record before the flask ban

20 Played
8 win (40%)
8 draw (40%)
4 loss (20%)

Premier League Home Record since the ban on flasks:

12 Played
4 win (33.33%)
4 draw (33.33%)
4 loss (33.33%)

We're now on:

15 Played
6 win (40.00%)
4 draw (26.67%)
5 loss (33.33%)

Those update stats weren't right, I may have counted a cup game or two or forgot to remove the Man U win from before the ban? We're now on

16 Played
5 Wins (31.25%)
4 draws (25.00%)
7 losses (43.25%)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Out of interest, if we go down can we have flasks and bottle tops back given apparently it's PL regulations which means we have to ban them?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Out of interest, if we go down can we have flasks and bottle tops back given apparently it's PL regulations which means we have to ban them?

Where did you hear that about PL regs? I don't think that's right as even Barber said that flasks/bottle tops were discretionary for clubs, as in something like 'we are moving into line with a number of other clubs blah blah blah'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Where did you hear that about PL regs? I don't think that's right as even Barber said that flasks/bottle tops were discretionary for clubs, as in something like 'we are moving into line with a numebr of other clubs blah blah blah'.

Might be my misunderstanding then, are there clubs in the EFL which do it do we know?

This is of course when the club need the goodwill of fans, when the playing side are garbage. Barber has ensured it is not there, the guy is not competent

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Where did you hear that about PL regs? I don't think that's right as even Barber said that flasks/bottle tops were discretionary for clubs, as in something like 'we are moving into line with a number of other clubs blah blah blah'.

I haven't heard of a PL ban either. if it's the Albion's choice then this is just the sort of corporate Barbercrap that alienates supporters at a time the club most needs them. I just wonder how many people sitting in the boardroom have ever sat on a terrace and unscrewed a Thermos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here