Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yet more grubbiness from Leave.EU. H 'Have a butchers at this', indeed.
Amazing the lengths they went to to demonise people.

The press have been demonising immigrants for a long time, but this was a different level.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Only a matter of time :wink:
regards
DR

The planet will be a smoking, contaminated cinder ball populated entirely by cockroaches, The Kardashians and 1000’s of little Reece-Moggs escaped from the cloning plant, by the time we leave the EU.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
[tweet]1118176610715353088[/tweet]

Nancy Pelosi? That's another one I'm going to vote out at the next election now we've got our sovereignty back. Linda Sanchez is already down for my boot I can tell you.

(One day, the utter utter futility of people basing a Brexit votes on a concept of sovereignty that's 100 years out of date will occur even to the ones that did so.)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Illiteracy is the main trigger for me putting people on ignore and those two are illiterate champions. It is worth noting that the illiterate "contributors" to this shit show of a thread are also invariably No Deal Leave voters as well.

Having said that I did put someone else on the list the other day for non-illiteracy/Brexit related reasons. It was because I read on a different thread that he didn't believe in space.

I regard No Deal Leavers as being at roughly the same level intellectually.

I would say that having the moral fortitude of a wet lettuce is the reason for your ignore list being numerically larger than your I.Q..

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The press have been demonising immigrants for a long time, but this was a different level.

Thank you for this.
It seems increasingly easy to uncover lies and misrepresentations from the Leave campaign; the trouble is, we seem to be living at a time when it just doesn't seem to matter.
Falsehoods are breezily passed over as 'alternative facts' and attempts to confront them as 'unpatriotic remoaning'. Supporters continue to buy into them regardless of evidence because, like 'flat earthers' they have blocked out all dissenting arguments.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's this level of cluelessness that mark you out as probably the biggest simpleton on the thread.

Oh dear,Simple Simeon has resurfaced.Come on then genius, who are these Remain parties you are fantasizing exist?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The file has been filed. Someone is sitting on it, and won't take it any further. The Establishment rules.

Hope it's not a ******* file.That would be very uncomfortable to sit on.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...ans-customs-controls-firms-told-38021795.html

The woman charged by Theresa May with planning how the UK's borders will operate after Brexit has told businesses here that there is no magic technological solution for preventing a hard border in Ireland.

Karen Wheeler, who heads the UK Border Delivery Group, addressed hundreds of businesses at a Brexit advice conference in Titanic Belfast yesterday.

The senior HMRC official, whose role involves operational planning, said the political tension around the issue had resulted in the group not initiating detailed work on the Irish border until last July.

"We came late to the party in Northern Ireland, not because Government wasn't worrying about what was happening in Northern Ireland, but because the solutions were being handled and looked at in a political space rather than a technical, practical or operational space," she explained.

The civil servant also appeared to extinguish the notion propogated by some Brexiteers that the key to a frictionless border lay with technology.

"There is no technology solution which would mean that you could do customs controls and processes and not have a hard border," she told the audience.
"There is no magic solution that would make that go away. If there was, trust me, we would have found it."

She said while there is technology that can provide for a certain level of automated customs processing or tracking goods, she added: "They are not all instantly available.

"Many of them would take years to implement and there is no border in the world which has a full package of all of these technologies."

She also said the Government would not invest significant sums in technology without a clear picture of long-term arrangements for the border.

Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph, Ms Wheeler said: "If there was a package of technology solutions that you could implement today, or even in the next few months, that enabled customs controls and processes and not have a hard border, we would absolutely be on it, because everybody is looking for that solution.

"There are of course lots of technologies which can help make it more efficient, Norway and Sweden for example have a lot of traffic going across their land border and they are one of the more technologically advanced land borders, they still have queues and people still stop because there are still things to go through.

"There is no such thing in the world at the moment at a land border which doesn't have queues and processes and technologies.

"It may be that over a number of years more of those technologies will emerge. But some of those things are quite hard to avoid."

Asked what beyond revoking Article 50 could provide for a frictionless border, Ms Wheeler replied: "What you need is, at the very least, something that looks like a customs union, plus something that looks like a single market, which has no customs or tariffs or regulatory standards or controls, if you are going to have completely free movement of goods across the border."

Yesterday's conference, organised by the Federation of Small Businesses, the Institute of Directors, InterTradeIreland, Invest NI and the NI Chamber, found that 48% of the businesses in attendance had postponed investment decisions as a result of Brexit.

Almost three-quarters of attendees (73%) cited customs and tariffs as potentially the greatest challenge to their business, followed by supply chain/logistics (51%), VAT/tax (31%), and employment/people (28%).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Maybe you should ask Ppf, Two Profs and Baker lite what they are voting ? I would think it's probably best if you all get together and vote the same way as the others who want to rip up the GFA and have a hard border in Ireland ???

hoorah.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh dear,Simple Simeon has resurfaced.Come on then genius, who are these Remain parties you are fantasizing exist?
You mean apart from the SNP, TIG, and the Lib Dems?

Being referred to as "Simple Simeon" by you is a bit like being called a fat self-important tosser by James Corden.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I did security for the polls one year. The UKIP candidates were absolutely desperate for any vote they could get. I recall one of the toad like fatties ready to go fisticuffs with an official because he was claiming a polling card that had F***k UKIP written across it should be counted in their favour because it said UKIP.

These are the kind of idiots we are dealing with. Unfortunately there’s enough idiots in the U.K. for them to appeal to.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
EUREKA!!

Put Hughton in charge of Brexit.

Two Birds. One stone.

It give us a chance of staying up, and give him 20 minutes and he will send the whole of the EU asleep, and we can tip toe out of the back door with any deal we like!!

Sorted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Talking of illiteracy. I know Northern Ireland have a say in politics but I didn't realise they are going to have their own treaty.

[tweet]1118441384434966533[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Talking of illiteracy. I know Northern Ireland have a say in politics but I didn't realise they are going to have their own treaty.

[tweet]1118441384434966533[/tweet]

These morons are actually being listened to. By the government as well as the commoners!
It’s over. The idiots won. The world is theirs for the taking.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I must have missed that big EU treaty signing in Lisburn. You'd think they'd go somewhere a bit bigger given the attention it must have produced?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here