Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs 'homecoming'

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
And didn't some throw their toys out of their prams when Palace had the nerve to call ours the Wonky Warehouse.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Did an 'AMEX' and left 5 minutes from the end.

Still a prick. Did that silly comment make you feel better?

Of course none of your lot left before the conclusion of the 6 points game. Who WERE we singing cheerio to then?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Can't disagree!

Suprised how small the concourse is below the stand, I suppose space is money, Absolutely packed in there. The fast pint pouring machines broke down at the bar in my section, they were only selling bottles. Mince beef pie was decent. Did an 'AMEX' and left 5 minutes from the end, 10 minutes walk to Northumberland park back in a pub at liverpool street within half an hour.

SE20 there too, or did he drink in Arsenal?

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Can't disagree!

Suprised how small the concourse is below the stand, I suppose space is money, Absolutely packed in there. The fast pint pouring machines broke down at the bar in my section, they were only selling bottles. Mince beef pie was decent. Did an 'AMEX' and left 5 minutes from the end, 10 minutes walk to Northumberland park back in a pub at liverpool street within half an hour.

Thay have been having a few issues in the bars. They have been overwhelmed by the demand despite all their projections. The concourses are small in some areas i imagine that the away fan section was way down on their list of priorities. The minced beef pies are actually decent, i have had a couple already, Had the Fish & Chips yesterday and it was good but £8 or £9 quid.

Sensible option to leave a few minutes early....getting away from the ground was bad enough with 36.5k capacity. I also did NP and it appears to be a better option than WHL station.

No idea why you didn't start playing until you were 2-0 down by then it was too little too late.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A month prior it wasn't even certain it would be taking place there, so not surprising Sky didn't commit. Plus they'd already taken the Man City v Cardiff game.

Nobody else would've been remotely interested in the "opening ceremony" shennanigans anyway, and it was hardly an inspiring fixture. Save the first televised one for a proper game, like the one on Tuesday.

Sky/BT have added games at the last minute so it’s doable.

First game on TV and he first pounding by City this month haha

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I love how they keep saying " they have waited so long for this stadium".... laughable.

Why? Being an Albion fan, you know how long we had to wait. Short memory or what?....laughable.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Thay have been having a few issues in the bars. They have been overwhelmed by the demand despite all their projections. The concourses are small in some areas i imagine that the away fan section was way down on their list of priorities. The minced beef pies are actually decent, i have had a couple already, Had the Fish & Chips yesterday and it was good but £8 or £9 quid.

Sensible option to leave a few minutes early....getting away from the ground was bad enough with 36.5k capacity. I also did NP and it appears to be a better option than WHL station.

No idea why you didn't start playing until you were 2-0 down by then it was too little too late.

Palace were so boring last night, it was a relief to go 2 down as it meant I could leave early ( I have never done that before BTW ) and I am glad I did ! what a mission to get back to Victoria that time of night.

And what is it with these new grounds, do they use noise absorbent concrete ?

The pie I had was OK and stayed boiling hot for about 1/2 hour so kept my hands warm. Happily the beer pumps were all OK where we were and I enjoyed a few pints served quickly.

All in all it was OK although I wouldn't hurry back, as getting to and from the ground was a real pain.

But well done to spurs and I am sure they will love it once the singers get together and they can make a bit of a noise.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Why? Being an Albion fan, you know how long we had to wait. Short memory or what?....laughable.

Exactly my point, they have been without a home for 1 and a half seasons and had to make do with Wembley....hardly an long time or inconvenience is it.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Its a very nice ground, Still feels like a football ground which isn't always the way with new grounds. I'd imagine West ham fans will feel very jealous when they visit in a couple of weeks. The staff behind the bars did their best and were friendly enough. The travel to and from was easy enough from Liverpool street, Any Brighton heading up there in April should use this route imo.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Lovely new stadium, we have our lovely (not so) new stadium, both very modern with outstanding features. What do Palace have? Another dubious promise from Prince Charming and a run down shack.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its a very nice ground, Still feels like a football ground which isn't always the way with new grounds. I'd imagine West ham fans will feel very jealous when they visit in a couple of weeks. The staff behind the bars did their best and were friendly enough. The travel to and from was easy enough from Liverpool street, Any Brighton heading up there in April should use this route imo.

Those twats in black - did they barge all your support out of the way and help themselves to the best seats in the section or did they just go in the home end where they belong?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly my point, they have been without a home for 1 and a half seasons and had to make do with Wembley....hardly an long time or inconvenience is it.

I think my old pal may have grasped the wrong end of your stick eh, [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION] :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here