Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Food and Drink at Wembley

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
What's the score re: taking snacks in? I'm going with my boy, and although we'll probably buy some overpriced, reheated guff inside, wondered what we can get in. The Wembley website just says a blanket "no foodstuffs".

Also, wonder if something like Capri Sun would be permitted...they're allowed at the Amex (despite the sharp corners) Any advice welcome as haven't seen a match at the new Wembley yet - have seen a number of gigs there though.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Not been to the new Wembley ..what are the concourses like ..nice conveniences? :whistle:

Was there on Sunday on top tier nearly the half-way line. You think the amount of Amex loos is low? The ones at Wembley are a league below. Queues three/four deep at half time and butted up to the next person with no room to swing a cat let alone shake a...... Long queues outside for the whole 15 minutes. Better to hold it if you can. Or take make up and a wig and sneak into the ladies.

Surprisingly there are bottle filling taps - on the top concourse where we were - in the corner behind the food stalls overlooking the roads to the stadium. I had a collapsible vapur water bottle, although the goons aren't very thorough and missed the other bottle with top (don't tell Barber). They also missed some flares that other people had brought in.

Didn't eat there so can't comment on food. Although they did have sweet and popcorn stalls, strangely. Maybe the ground is run by UCI Cinemas.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
What's the score re: taking snacks in? I'm going with my boy, and although we'll probably buy some overpriced, reheated guff inside, wondered what we can get in. The Wembley website just says a blanket "no foodstuffs".

Also, wonder if something like Capri Sun would be permitted...they're allowed at the Amex (despite the sharp corners) Any advice welcome as haven't seen a match at the new Wembley yet - have seen a number of gigs there though.

I went in with rolls and fruit in a bag that was seen and allowed by the bag-dippers on Sunday. You can probably get in with a pouch or two if you put them underneath as the torches they use don't seem very bright, nor do the....

They do have a strict size policy roughly equivalent to the size of a shoe box though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That sound reasonable but the site I went onto showed the food available but no price so was expecting it to be dearer than that. The problem is our coach leaves HH at 1230 and probably wont get back much before about 1030 and I need my dinner.

Going on a coach means you can take as much food with you that you want and leave it in the coach for the long trip home. Just remember no alcohol.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Which pub do you prefer doogie? the Three Crowns, or the Cricketers?

There is a third we r lucky in order
Food :bat n ball , then three crowns
Old fashion pub cricks although it becomes no 1 on summer evenings with hog roast and live music outside
If u need a cab home let me no [emoji85]lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2, 2019
Brighton
It definitely isn't cheap! £5 a pint and food is all priced between £5-£8. Money doesn't matter (might slightly matter) when the Super Seagulls brush aside Man City to reach the final! :albion2:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Also, wonder if something like Capri Sun would be permitted...they're allowed at the Amex (despite the sharp corners)

Prepare yourself for the incoming Barber email now you've pointed that out. Yet another item for the Amex contraband list.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
The small print on the Ts and Cs accompanying my ticket expressly forbids food being brought in. So no packed lunches: either buy food when you get there or eat beforehand!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Prepare yourself for the incoming Barber email now you've pointed that out. Yet another item for the Amex contraband list.

Indeed.

I would think at the very least the straw will be confiscated. You could have someone's eye out.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
A mate of mine went to an England game not that long ago and said that a burger and chips was £10 and was SHIT.

I very much doubt any of you will be getting fish and chips for £7.50 based on what he was saying. Hearsay obviously.

Jul 7, 2003
Not sure about Saturday but have seen plenty of food options outside on Wembley Way which look much better than the food inside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here