Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper to Ajax for 21m

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
21M in this market? No chance, let’s give him a run in his preferred position.

What l've been saying all along, take off the shackles, push him further forward, and l'm convinced he will come up with some goals. The Stains game last Saturday was crying out for someone from midfield to link up with the attack. There must have been the best part of half a mile between Glenn Murray and the rest of the team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In his case it seems that either CH considers that he knows better than the manager of Netherlands and PSV or it is a case of needs must as we have no option than to play him deeper. Either way he is essential to our team and will not be sold for a derisory amount of money. unless he has said to his agent that he is unhappy here and wants to return to Netherlands, which is a possibility

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Can't see us letting him go for £18m.

He is arguably our best player.

I wonder how he would feel about the move though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For 20 million, would we be able to sign a player as good as Propper if not better? I doubt it.. I wouldn’t sell.

Indeed. He is one of our key premier league quality players. We need to add more PL quality, not sell the ones we have.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd imagine the starting point for talks would be £30m, at today's prices - for a proven, consistent PL performer, at a good age.

I can though, very much believe that Ajax would be interested, and also that he might be open to the idea (might want a move back home / might be tempted by playing in the Champions League, etc).

Yes.

He might grow as a player even more (albeit playing at a lower level), but in the CL. If it happened I wonder if he’d eventually return for £100m but to Arsenal, Utd or Liverpool, hopefully we’ll have a 25% future transfer clause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thomas Delaney went from Bremen to Dortmund for €20m, he's a direct comparason to Propper so it's probably about the correct fee. What we'd accept is another matter though.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Thomas Delaney went from Bremen to Dortmund for €20m, he's a direct comparason to Propper so it's probably about the correct fee. What we'd accept is another matter though.
Yep that's the problem .... Players going to the premier league are 50% more expensive.

How much did Ajax get tadic for ?

And interestingly Delaney was our first choice before propper ... He's better than propper

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unfortunately we have never really seen the best of Davy in my opinion. As we know, Chris Hughton somewhat shackles hiis midfield players, and has them all working within a very restrictive system.

For PSV, and indeed for the Netherlands, he played/plays a lot further forward, has more license to roam, provides more forward options, and thus comes up with quite a few goals.

Such a shame we haven't seen him do that for the Albion..

His last few games for Holland he played in a similar position as he does for us.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8843945 said:
Would free up funds to bring in Bobkin

:drink::drink:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm not sure what some people watch. He has been our best and most consistent midfielder for the past 2 seasons. He'd be a massive loss.

I've no problem with any of our high performing players going to one of the big 6 for big money but it's a different story when we are talking about letting our best CM go for the same price we paid for Jurgen Locadia to Ajax. Absolutely no chance at that money.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he goes can I keep his hair?

Not in a creepy way, you understand.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would sell 21 million. Just to clarify I wouldn't drive him there myself

And don’t ask Willie Mackay to arrange the transport either.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Unfortunately we have never really seen the best of Davy in my opinion. As we know, Chris Hughton somewhat shackles hiis midfield players, and has them all working within a very restrictive system.

For PSV, and indeed for the Netherlands, he played/plays a lot further forward, has more license to roam, provides more forward options, and thus comes up with quite a few goals.

Such a shame we haven't seen him do that for the Albion..

Yup. Exactly. I have banged on before that we aren't getting the best out of him because Hughton's negativity rarely allows him to get into the advanced role he has consistently played for the Dutch. Maybe that has been frustrating him and has perhaps triggered him into looking for an out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here