Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Who knows, after trading OBJ this week I’m not sure they even have a strategy anymore.

All true, the GM is getting dogs abuse on social media and the Giants radio show.

I would think his job depends on a good draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Who knows, after trading OBJ this week I’m not sure they even have a strategy anymore.

I still wouldn’t rule out them trading for Josh Rosen if the Cards take Murray at #1 .... think there would be a big market for him as they seem to think it would only take a 3rd round pick to get him. I’m kinda hoping the skins pick him up for a 3rd rounder as even with Case Keenam they need another relatively cheap option at QB while Smith is injured and taking a huge chunk of cap space.

Cards fan here

I would be really surprised if they ship him for a third. He was touted as one of the best rookie QBs pre-draft last year but got stuck with a piss poor OLine and a crop of ropey receivers. Plus a defensive HC and Mike McCoy at OC. He was always going to struggle. Can’t see Rosen going unless it’s for a ludicrous price, 1st Round pick at least.

I also think all the ‘Murray To Cards’ stuff is a smokescreen to put the price up on a first round pick. Imagine they’re looking to ship it to Raiders or Giants (or another QB needy team) for a kings ransom

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Cards fan here

I would be really surprised if they ship him for a third. He was touted as one of the best rookie QBs pre-draft last year but got stuck with a piss poor OLine and a crop of ropey receivers. Plus a defensive HC and Mike McCoy at OC. He was always going to struggle. Can’t see Rosen going unless it’s for a ludicrous price, 1st Round pick at least.

I also think all the ‘Murray To Cards’ stuff is a smokescreen to put the price up on a first round pick. Imagine they’re looking to ship it to Raiders or Giants (or another QB needy team) for a kings ransom

You could be right, but think the team who are most likely to trade up are the Dolphins.... have moved on from Tannehill and have had Murray in to work out with them.

I’m not sure what Rosen is worth ? Certainly not a first rounder after last season, maybe Giants would give up a second rounder for him ?

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
You could be right, but think the team who are most likely to trade up are the Dolphins.... have moved on from Tannehill and have had Murray in to work out with them.

I’m not sure what Rosen is worth ? Certainly not a first rounder after last season, maybe Giants would give up a second rounder for him ?

It’s tricky to gauge his worth. He did have a horrendous season but there were so many variable outside of his control that definitely caused some of it. I mean, McCoy turned a 3-down, 1000yd a year RB in David Johnson into crap.
Rosen has flashes of excellence and I think with the right coach, be it Kingsbury or someone else, he’ll be superb. Look at Goff - he had a worse rookie year than Rosen but is still regarded as a very decent QB

That Tannehill trade was weird. But it does add them to the list of teams who may want to trade up for Murray

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It’s tricky to gauge his worth. He did have a horrendous season but there were so many variable outside of his control that definitely caused some of it. I mean, McCoy turned a 3-down, 1000yd a year RB in David Johnson into crap.
Rosen has flashes of excellence and I think with the right coach, be it Kingsbury or someone else, he’ll be superb. Look at Goff - he had a worse rookie year than Rosen but is still regarded as a very decent QB

That Tannehill trade was weird. But it does add them to the list of teams who may want to trade up for Murray

For what it’s worth I think Rosen could be a starter and is a victim of circumstance rather than his own lack of ability, drafted into a bad situation in Arizona. A trade to someone like the Giants where he could sit for a year and learn from Eli could be what he needs. What he doesn’t need is to be thrown into another bad situation with a team who feel they need to win now and not the tools to do it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

As a Giants fan I'd say that's about right. Having lived in the States for a while it's interesting seeing the difference between fans in the US and the UK. I think in the UK we are, rightly, more critical and vocal about our likes / dislikes of players, managers and chairman. Whereas it seems to me in the US they are almost too polite and accepting of the mediocre and the second rate. Yeah, they will get annoyed - but only eventually when the wheels have well and truly come off wagon. I have voiced my opinion about Manning being well past his best to some of my American friends and it's like you can't say that he's an icon - we should cut him some slack.

Hard to believe they won the SB in 2008 and 2012. Going to be a long season...................

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Gronk retires.

A larger-than-life character in so many ways.

Whatever one thinks of the Patriots, he's been a lot of fun to watch. I'll miss that post-TD spike.

A four-time First Team All-Pro and five-time Pro Bowl selection, Gronkowski caught 521 passes for 7,861 yards and 79 touchdowns in 115 games from 2010-18.

He added 81 catches for 1,163 yards and 12 touchdowns in 16 postseason contests.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024012/article/patriots-te-rob-gronkowski-announces-retirement

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024022/article/nfl-players-react-to-rob-gronkowskis-retirement

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Gronk retires.

Whatever one thinks of the Patriots, he's been a lot of fun to watch. I'll miss that post-TD spike.

A four-time First Team All-Pro and five-time Pro Bowl selection, Gronkowski caught 521 passes for 7,861 yards and 79 touchdowns in 115 games from 2010-18.

He added 81 catches for 1,163 yards and 12 touchdowns in 16 postseason contests.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024012/article/patriots-te-rob-gronkowski-announces-retirement

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024022/article/nfl-players-react-to-rob-gronkowskis-retirement

Now if only Brady & Belichick could follow him out the door, & turn the lights out on their way...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Gronk retires.

I hate the Pats but you have to respect talent. Gronk is a first ballot HoFer, he has redefined the TE position and at his peak simply in a league of his own. Happy retirement Gronk!

Jul 7, 2003
I hate the Pats but you have to respect talent. Gronk is a first ballot HoFer, he has redefined the TE position and at his peak simply in a league of his own. Happy retirement Gronk!

The only TE worth having in Fantasy Football.

Not surprised at the retirement given his struggles last year.

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Former Packers and Raiders receiver Jordy Nelson has retired after 10 seasons

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Less than a month to go until the draft, which way are you expecting your teams to go?
I’m hoping the Jags take TJ Hockenson as Foles really needs some targets, but in reality I think it’s most likely to Jawaan Taylor at RT, he’ll help keep Foles upright but he won’t have anyone to pass to. If we don’t take Hockenson we really need a TE in Rounds 2 or 3.

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Less than a month to go until the draft, which way are you expecting your teams to go?

One thing is for sure - I'm so bored of all the Kyler Murray/Josh Rosen discussions. Should we draft him? Should we trade Rosen? Will we get a second round pick? What about Bosa?

I'm genuinely losing the will to live with it. Now I know how Browns fans have felt for the last few years.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
One thing is for sure - I'm so bored of all the Kyler Murray/Josh Rosen discussions. Should we draft him? Should we trade Rosen? Will we get a second round pick? What about Bosa?

I'm genuinely losing the will to live with it. Now I know how Browns fans have felt for the last few years.

The Murray/Rosen saga does seem to be rumbling on a bit. My guess is that the Cards would like to trade Rosen but there’s no takers, the only team that really need a QB this year are the Giants, but their owners can’t see it! There’s some real blue-chip talent within the Cardinals reach, would be bold to double down on QBs when there’s so many holes in the rest of the roster.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I’m hoping the Jags take TJ Hockenson as Foles really needs some targets, but in reality I think it’s most likely to Jawaan Taylor at RT, he’ll help keep Foles upright but he won’t have anyone to pass to. If we don’t take Hockenson we really need a TE in Rounds 2 or 3.

The Bills have had a great off season so far. I'm hoping they draft BPA at this point, but there seems to be a strong movement fan wise towards drafting the other Josh Allen. I don't follow college football, and can't say if he's the right player or not. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if people just want there to be 2 Josh Allen's on the team.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The Bills have had a great off season so far. I'm hoping they draft BPA at this point, but there seems to be a strong movement fan wise towards drafting the other Josh Allen. I don't follow college football, and can't say if he's the right player or not. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if people just want there to be 2 Josh Allen's on the team.

The Kentucky LB Josh Allen is a beast. IMO the Bills addressed a lot of weaknesses on the offence in free, adding Allen will make an already good defence a real threat.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here