Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion secure Wembley HQ for semi final.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
£10 is fantastic value for what they've got in store for us, it's going to be an absolute hoot. I am going to the Ibis and then Wetherspoons but this would be an excellent alternative.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
YET AGAIN it’s loyalty points. What is wrong with a first come first served across all STHs for this event?

Limited to 1000 tickets; perhaps it is only fair that the supporters that travel the length and breadth of the country get first dibs over the ST holder that got their first season ticket last season and don't go to cup or away games? Just a thought.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Kin all, it's a game of football, not a carnival.

I've had so many requests from people for a ticket, even my brother who hasn't wanted to know me for the last 33 years. These same people didn't beg for a Burnley or Hudds away ticket.

Looking forward (!) to seeing the foam hands, jesters hats etc.

A Brighton and Hove Albion foam hand? This is what I've been waiting for the past 33 years! So when you see all those people with foam hands, please know that at least two of them are long-term Albionites who've been to Rochdale, Shrewsbury.... etc etc you get the gist :)

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Limited to 1000 tickets; perhaps it is only fair that the supporters that travel the length and breadth of the country get first dibs over the ST holder that got their first season ticket last season and don't go to cup or away games? Just a thought.

I absolutely get your point on this, but where do you draw the line? We’re not talking about match tickets. Should people with more loyalty points get priority for the trains? Clearly not, but what about Seagulls Travel? That works without a loyalty points system.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
To reward the most loyal fans...Not difficult to understand is it?

I’m not getting into this again. It’s bullshit. I’ve been to Everton, Huddersfield, Anfield, OT, West Ham, WBA replay this season alone. I went to Fulham but had to spend £50 on a neutral ticket. I’m going to Chelsea. Yet I’m still no where near the ‘top’ 1000 and never will be, as it’s a closed shop, these fans keep their points up even if they go to the matches or not. As the Millwall match proved. I’m f’ing sure that as soon as the new WHL tickets go on sale I’ll get nowhere near that either.

I agree you need a system but this one is elitist, England operate a 80%-20% for away games. 80% for points, 20% ballot. It is far fairer.

Bollox I’ve been drawn into this again.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
To reward the most loyal fans...Not difficult to understand is it?

I’m not getting into this again. It’s bullshit. I’ve been to Everton, Huddersfield, Anfield, OT, West Ham, WBA replay this season alone. I went to Fulham but had to spend £50 on a neutral ticket. I’m going to Chelsea. Yet I’m still no where near the ‘top’ 1000 and never will be, as it’s a closed shop, these fans keep their points up even if they go to the matches or not. As the Millwall match proved. I’m f’ing sure that as soon as the new WHL tickets go on sale I’ll get nowhere near that either.

I agree you need a system but this one is elitist, England operate a 80%-20% for away games. 80% for points, 20% ballot. It is far fairer.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Well...I have been to more games than you this season, and probably the seasons before... Why should you get a ticket but I cant?

As it happens I wont be going but the loyalty point system is fair, you know it, the club knows it.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
‘Rewarding’ the top 1000 ‘loyal’ supporters would have been to make it £0 admission......... I suspect “we know this lot are most likely to pay it” is nearer the truth.

I really don't get your point. Or is it, you want a loyalty system that is convenient to you and the amount of games you have been to?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Well...I have been to more games than you this season, and probably the seasons before... Why should you get a ticket but I cant?

As it happens I wont be going but the loyalty point system is fair, you know it, the club knows it.

I disagree, so I don’t ‘know it’. I agree the club knows a captive audience when they see it.
I do not deserve a ticket more than you, that’s my whole point.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rubbish. I know two friends who moved from 2nd tier to 1st last season. If you have a season ticket and regularly attend away games you’ll be fine. It’s not a closed shop.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
YET AGAIN it’s loyalty points. What is wrong with a first come first served across all STHs for this event?
Maybe priority should be given to the 42nd minute half time boozers at the Amex ?

First 150 to each stand's half time bar v Southampton get a golden ticket.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
I really don't get your point. Or is it, you want a loyalty system that is convenient to you and the amount of games you have been to?

No, but you need a chance to break into it. There is no chance to get into their top tier of this system if you are not already in it. Then you can’t go to a significant amount of away games, can’t add enough points, thus a viscous circle.

I would be less annoyed with this system if you couldn’t game it. Names should be printed on all away tickets for all matches and there should be random ID checks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here