Who are you blaming? Multiple votes allowed

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Tories (And David Cameron).

They should have never put such a difficult and complex question to the people. It was a reckless gamble to do with forming a coalition with the Lib Dem’s that never happened.

What is shocking is that the country is divided on education levels.

The people who will be worse affected by the disastrous financial consequences of Brexit are those that voted for it the most. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Statistics show that the following is true:

Area with poverty + area with low immigration + area with low education levels = Leave Constituency

Radio 5 has the odd phone caller:

"I blame all the politicians. We voted for it. Just get on with it!"

My instant thought was "get on with what?".

Some Brexitters clearly think they voted for a unicorn, and all they want is that unicorn delivered. It could not be any simpler. I, on the other hand am an ignorant fool because I don't want a unicorn and don't want others to exercise their democratic right to have a unicorn. You couldn't make this up.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I share your loathing but you can no more blame him than the leader of any other organization that has no power and no meaningful influence on this process. He could have camped on Parliament square screaming 'no Brexit!!!' with a daffodil up his arse, and it would have made no difference. Or he could have whipped his MPs to support May's plan - that would have gone down well.

No, but if he had shown more enthusiasm for remain, which he purported to support pre referendum, it is probable that his adoring young fans might likewise have shown more enthusiasm to cast their vote in the first place. The tragedy is, it's now the youngsters who will most suffer from the long term consequences of this mess, while a sizeable chunk of the old dinosaurs who voted for Brexit will be dead by the time it happens. It's likely that by that time a healthy majority of the population would wish to be part of the EU.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Conservative party.

I'll tell you what, the Lib Dems have been absolutely decimated for having the temerity to go into power with them and compromise on one or two policies. Yes, as a slightly left leaning voter, I am indeed quite bitter about the extent to which the public have abandoned them.

Going by that, we'll never see the Conservatives again after the antics of them over the past few years. They are an absolute disgrace and their leadership have made the union-pandering Labour leadership of the 1970s seem positively competent.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Westminster and the City for allowing areas of the Midlands and North to "fall behind" what they perceive as the privileged South East.
Rupert Murdoch, Viscount Rothermere, The Barclay Brothers and whoever else owns the press. They got David Cameron and his cronies worried enough about a few fringe politicians that they thought a referendum would vote massively to remain and shut them all up for a generation.
Vladimir Putin saw it as an opportunity to spread disharmony and chaos in Western Europe; he mobilised social media to spread disinformation and funded dodgy campaigns.
Some of the British public who embraced Brexit as a legitimisation of their distrust of foreigners.
Jeremy Corbyn for failing to effectively oppose a PM clearly out of her depth.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This poll seems to have missed out the people who voted for this almighty clusterf***.

It wouldn't have been started by one of those who is now trying to blame everyone else because their unicorns haven't been delivered on time ???
That's because it's not their fault. These people are not paid to make policy decisions, they only reacted to being asked the question.

It is entirely down to the government who are absolutely fking USELESS. Sure, Corbyn hasn't helped matters, but he's in opposition - he doesn't get to make the shit decisions in the first place.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ssshhh dont tell anyone, its a bit of a secret but Parliament itself voted by a huge majority to have a referendum. Cameron didnt decide alone there would be one.

Exactly.

Tired of all these threads (sorry OP).

But the nonsense that has been spoken in here and in parliament is laughable.

Facts are Parliament overwhelmingly voted for a referendum, that is all Parliament not just Conservatives or Labour.

Public voted to leave and narrowly won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Some Brexitters clearly think they voted for a unicorn, and all they want is that unicorn delivered. It could not be any simpler. I, on the other hand am an ignorant fool because I don't want a unicorn and don't want others to exercise their democratic right to have a unicorn. You couldn't make this up.

I see it more like they all voted for a free Rolls Royce because they were promised we could all have one. Now Theresa May is blaming Rolls Royce for not being able to supply 60 million cars at £10 each.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Ahhh .... the second remainer this week to use the offensive term 'retard' ..... such a nice bunch ! Looking forward to your use of the words mong and spastic.

And when have I tried to shutdown debate ?

The term 'retard' (except in the slang meaning which I did not intend but you clearly decided must be the case) refers to someone whose skills are obstructed in some way - in this case the skill of recognising an alternative viewpoint i.e. being blinkered from adhering exclusively to their own perspective. That is the case on both sides of the argument which you seem to conveniently overlook.

You have weaponised the term in order to serve your own purpose, and by so doing you show an unwillingness to engage in proper debate. Is that clear?

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Multiple guilty parties, but the individual I hold most to account is Corbyn. Thick as pigshit **** who didn't lift a finger to exert any influence to prevent this catastrophe from unfolding, and now just spouts self righteous, disruptive nonsense regarding TMs "mismanagement" of negotiations. He's destroyed the Labour Party, and is merrily colluding in destroying the country too. ****ing arse. Now, is it time to join Queueit yet?

Really you blame Corbyn for this! Just out of intrest were would David Cameron and Teresa May sit on your list?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've yet to hear an explanation from one of our leave supporters on here, what it is that the government was supposed to deliver and has f***ed up so badly on ?

Let's start simply,

Should we be in the customs union?
Should we have a border in NI/Ireland?

(Cue shouts of No deal, Norway +++, Canada ++--/**)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The little baby jeezus and his host of angels

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Voted for all, except the wet blanket option.
As IMO, they're all to blame.
We must look a fecking embarrassment to the rest of the world.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I share your loathing but you can no more blame him than the leader of any other organization that has no power and no meaningful influence on this process. He could have camped on Parliament square screaming 'no Brexit!!!' with a daffodil up his arse, and it would have made no difference. Or he could have whipped his MPs to support May's plan - that would have gone down well.

Not with remainers, obviously, who desperately want to find a way to just forget about the whole thing and stay in the EU - but had he handled matters in a statesman-like way and tried to assist the PM rather than sniping snidely from the sidelines, with his only aim being to get into no.10 himself and sod the rest of the country, then we would be leaving the EU in eight days time, with a deal, and with the damaging uncertainty ended and starting towards building a new future outside the EU. The current uncertainty is damaging - all Corbyn has done is to make sure it lasts as long as possible.
While it is true that Corbyn isn't the only one to have tried to mess things up in a big way, #MeandmtMonkey certainly made a good point.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry, but you need a Cameron and ERG vote

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Tories all day long.

Firstly, David Cameron. Promised not to resign after the referendum regardless of the result, but did so. Made no plans in the event of a Leave result of the referendum. Made no attempt to form any kind of outline policy of what Leave would be if the people voted for it. An absolute shambles of a PM who had no real depth of intelligence for leadership, all sound bites and standing funny.

Secondly, Teresa May for having no imagination in the role of leadership. Introverted, lacking the creative ability to not only reach out to her cabinet and in turn her party, but also to Parliament. Her statement last night is in effect her raison d'être of her leadership, it's not my fault, it's everyone else's.

Thirdly, intransigence within the Tory party itself. Completely self absorbed within their own interests rarely looking outside their own groups, let alone managing to look outside the confines of their party. A complete inability to see the general election of 2017 as the crushing result it was, and simply ploughing on, buying a torrid DUP off with wads of cash, despite knowing how split they were themselves.

They own every inch of this political mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here