Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matchday 16th March

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Red for me. He's sliding and can't stop himself, so not in control. He takes out the wolves standing leg before getting near the ball, then the foot he tries to kick the ball with goes over the ball.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Honesty time!
On a percentage how much are you pissed off with the Swansea match because
A) The pure injustice, cheating, incompetence and favouritism.
B) We now won't stand any chance of getting Swansea in the semi final, leaving us, if we go through, as, on paper, the weakest team left in the cup.

90% injustice and disgraceful officiating.
10% added annoyance.

We're not guaranteed anything, we haven't made it past Millwall yet.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
90% injustice and disgraceful officiating.
10% added annoyance.

We're not guaranteed anything, we haven't made it past Millwall yet.

I did say if we go through.
I am counting no chickens, it will be a very tough and physical game, I can see it going to penalties.
We need to play as strong a team as possible.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Man City are the epitome of everything that's wrong with modern day football. Even though their riches dwarf those of most other teams in the Premier League, they tried to change the split of revenue from foreign TV rights so they could grab an even bigger slice the cake. The Premier League partially caved in. They have almost certainly cheated in the way they sign players (and will probably get a two year transfer ban imposed by UEFA - not exactly a tough penalty given the squad they already have). And Der Spiegel has dug the dirt on all sorts of dodgy deals to get round FFP rules.

Citeh have been financial cheats since the moment Mansour walked through the door.

Despite FFP rules, they gathered the most expensive squad in the history of the sport, far more than clubs such as Bayern, ManU, Juve, Barca and Real who held a clear financial advantage from huge global support and the large commercial income that comes with that. Yet ManC outspent the lot of them on, in effect, two teams of internationals.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Red for me. He's sliding and can't stop himself, so not in control. He takes out the wolves standing leg before getting near the ball, then the foot he tries to kick the ball with goes over the ball.

I'm with you. If the ref's decision is not a clear and obvious error (which this wasn't), then why is VAR even involved?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
At the start of the season, if we had been offered a 2/3rds chance of playing either Wolves or Watford in an FA Cup Semi-Final at Wembley whilst remaining comfortably out of the relegation zone, most Albion supporters would have bitten the entire arm off along with the proverbial hand.

Come on, Albion. We can do this!

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Conor Coady's accent is the most confusing thing I've heard since Aspinall started co-commentating.

Any of these semi-finalists will batter us unless we play for penalties.
Did you not see us play Watford?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Citeh have been financial cheats since the moment Mansour walked through the door.

Despite FFP rules, they gathered the most expensive squad in the history of the sport, far more than clubs such as Bayern, ManU, Juve, Barca and Real who held a clear financial advantage from huge global support and the large commercial income that comes with that. Yet ManC outspent the lot of them on, in effect, two teams of internationals.

Bayerns stadium was paid for them, Juve bribed referees, Barca and Real have both been bailed out financially by their cities.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Sorry to say they are all as bad as each other, and that's probably how Man City and their 'fans' justify it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Honesty time!
On a percentage how much are you pissed off with the Swansea match because
A) The pure injustice, cheating, incompetence and favouritism.
B) We now won't stand any chance of getting Swansea in the semi final, leaving us, if we go through, as, on paper, the weakest team left in the cup.

Bit of both. Swansea played bloody well and deserved to win. I love the FA Cup and enjoy watching lesser teams play a blinder. The injustice is sickening. When watching TV and you hear that **** Lineker who’s only comment about both injustices was Ho Hum, I realise it’s getting less and less about the romance and more about profile. It saddens me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Yeah, but it's Man Utd and it goes to VAR, funnily enough if it had been at Swansea there would have been no second decision. You use it for all or you don't use it at all.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bit of both. Swansea played bloody well and deserved to win. I love the FA Cup and enjoy watching lesser teams play a blinder. The injustice is sickening. When watching TV and you hear that **** Lineker who’s only comment about both injustices was Ho Hum, I realise it’s getting less and less about the romance and more about profile. It saddens me.

Like the Prem, it is about 6 teams, the FA want their own cut of the lucrative pie. Swansea were absolutely robbed, Man Utd kept a player on the pitch when the refs decision was over ruled. There were two quarter finals with different rules. How can this be allowed?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Yeah, but it's Man Utd and it goes to VAR, funnily enough if it had been at Swansea there would have been no second decision. You use it for all or you don't use it at all.

Wasnt a red card, correct decision. Swansea were robbed though agreed the competition should have the same rules for all games no VAR or all VAR.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Like the Prem, it is about 6 teams, the FA want their own cut of the lucrative pie. Swansea were absolutely robbed, Man Utd kept a player on the pitch when the refs decision was over ruled. There were two quarter finals with different rules. How can this be allowed?

This

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wasnt a red card, correct decision. Swansea were robbed though agreed the competition should have the same rules for all games no VAR or all VAR.

I don't care what is correct or incorrect. I just can't get my head around different rules for games in the same competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here