Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Maybe if you could tell me what Canada ++ is I might be able to help. Or is it the one that's taken Canada 7 years to negotiate, isn't fully implemented and has no service element ? (I'm guessing the ++ is probably with added unicorns)

I can't imagine anyone would think that was a goer

You missed it then ... suggest you google EU offers Canada plus deal :)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It is leaving the EU. That's what you voted for

I don't think anybody voted to give away £39 billion to a bunch of crooks.Well,perhaps some of the crooks in the House did.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wonder what Farage's mates Salvini and Orban think of an extension to Article 50?Does a single veto kick it into the long grass?[emoji38]ol:[emoji38]ol:[emoji38]ol:

Who said the Germans have no sense of humour?Volkswagen's big boss,"Erbit Macht Frei",what a card,eh?

Putin's 2 agents of influence which you mention will think what Putin tells them to think.

Or did you mention 3 agents there ???

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
Haha.

Read back what you just wrote.

'Democracy will have ended in 2016, should there be a second referendum'.

So, if we allow another opportunity for the people of the country, to make their current views known, THAT 'ends democracy'. In your opinion, what definitely DOESN'T 'end democracy' is denying the public any further say, after one specific moment in time.

Excellent logic. Very well done.
As I said in aprevious post I don’t like to comment on politics as I know peoples emotions run high and maybe I don’t know enough about anything, I did vote to leave after all shock horror, after all, and your reply is the exact reason I don’t like to get too involved. Let’s try and make someone look/ sound stupid because they have a difference of opinion to oneself, clearly you are far smarter than me sir, should I just yield to your clearly superior political knowledge? this is what politics does to people and it gets right up my nose, your comment has put my back up well done.
Just to clarify, the point I was trying to make in my “Neanderthal, homophobic, sexist, racist, dark age, meat headed” way (I am a leaver don’t forget) was that a democratic vote had taken place in 2016, that vote was won by one campaign and lost by another, since then the losing campaigners have bleated on and on about losing, and, how unfair everything is to the point where we are now potentially staring down the barrels of a second referendum and so on until said losing campaigners win the day, therefore if a second referendum does take place that would overturn the original democratic result of 2016, so to me, and it is my humble opinion, our democracy would have died back in 2016. Hope this helps?

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
I didn't say that. I said that they seemed to be the only people who marched in favour of Brexit. Just from what I saw.

No probs mate, but that is the way most think of people who voted leave, on this site alone there is so much ire towards those with a difference of opinion on Brexit, just don’t get it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You missed it then ... suggest you google EU offers Canada plus deal :)

But why would we want to take a deal that's been specifically negotiated for Canada. It would be like taking a deal that's been specifically negotiated for Norway. I'm sure these deals are very good for Norway or Canada, but I think you may find our GDP splits, economy and political situation may be a little different.

What I would prefer to do is spend 40 years (I wouldn't want to rush it, could you imagine how that would end up :lolol:) negotiating the best deal possible for Britain. You know, getting the best of the customs union, trade etc whilst keeping vetoes over things like Schengen, the Euro etc and negotiating rebates. It will probably be quite hard work and take a lot of people a lot of time to get the right deal.

Then maybe when we have got the best deal possible over the 40 years, we could throw it all away for something that would be far simpler to understand and easier to shout like Canada++ Norway+++++ or 'No deal++++++' :rolleyes:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Ha ha!

I was looking at the route of the REAL one last night and there are big gaps between some of the 'stages'. Not like one side of the argument being economical with the truth, is it?

I'm interested to know how many turn up, especially if it's pishing down :lol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Putin's 2 agents of influence which you mention will think what Putin tells them to think.

Or did you mention 3 agents there ???

The only Putin agent in the EU isn't anybody I mentioned.Try looking for card-carrying Communist Party politicians who speak fluent Russian.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
But that's exactly what you did :facepalm:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wrong,as ever.:facepalm:.Any news on Aldi paying import duty for Cheddar manufactured, bought ,and then sold in the UK?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Neither did most of the politicians at the time. IMHO

That’s a very valid point. I remember a friend of mine saying he knew exactly what he’d voted for when I’d questioned what the leave campaign were actually promising us. I suggested he let Boris know what it was, as he (Boris) clearly didn’t have a clue.

To this day, I’ve never had an answer as to what it was he knew he was voting for, either! :shrug:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We don't want another referendum though. We want our leaders to swallow their egos, take the political hit, stand up and put an end to the whole sorry farce - face up to the fact that it was a terrible idea, remains a terrible course for the nation, and revoke the entire thing, without fuss.

They can't / won't do that though, as they are fearful of the political backlash, over 'betraying' the public - thus putting it to a second vote may offer the only way forward.

It won't happen, but it be wonderfully ironic if Farage and his chums in lobbying like-minded politicians in Europe to veto an A50 extension request actually succeeded and then, as the only course of action available to us, we revoke A50 unilaterally.

Then, wait. and wait. and wait. and wait......................

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Jesus Christ! Are you Ernest? Cameron thought he was doing the right thing and putting the Euro sceptics on the back foot, but with hindsight he made a monumental mistake. But you want to tar all right of centre thinkers (many of whom voted remain) as being guilty of wilfully screwing up UK plc, grow up man.

Cameron is a chancer he chanced the voting system with a referndum promised to ensure Liberal democrats support in the coalition he chanced the Scottish referndum to ensure the SNP won the majority of seats in Scotland at the expence of Labour and he chanced the break up of UKIP who were eating into Tory votes with the referndum regarding Brexit, Cameron gambled with democracy, the Union and Europe I suppose in the words of Meatloaf two out of three ain't bad!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here