Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace 1-2 Albion 09.03.19 MATCH REPORT- feat ARTWORK

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just seen what you mean...yeah that's annoying. Don't think that normally happens, maybe it can be fixed/ changed [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

So it does.

Not sure why, as it's not happened before that I've seen and doesn't for the previous match report - https://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?781-Albion-1-0-Huddersfield-Town-01-03-2019

I thought it might have been the artwork, as it was quite wide at 1440pix, but I've reduced that and it's still happening. I'll take another look later.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't compete with the excellent reporting of [MENTION=26980]The Tactician[/MENTION] of course, but I have cobbled together my own little report for a Seagulls Predictions League which I run with fellow NSC-er [MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION]. Thought I'd share it with the class, being as I'm still very much basking in the afterglow of last weekend.

Palace 1 Albion 2, LG: Knockaert

Oh, mon’amie! Come to papa! Just take in that scoreline. Look at it. Savour it. Bask in it. Bathe in it. Rub yourself all over with it. Smear it on and…..ok ok I’ll stop there, or it’ll never get past the IT email filters at this rate. But what a result, and what a game. From the moment Knockaert forcibly rearranged Milivojevic’s gonads inside the first 20 seconds, this truly was an afternoon to behold. Then, like a kick in the nuts from an old ex-girlfriend who you still carry a bit of a torch for, Old Man Murray really stuck the knife into our hapless Palace chums with a sublime dipping strike to put us 1 up. Even better, he wasn’t even supposed to be playing, with Andone having been named in the starting XI but pulling up lame in the warmup.

Palace are like one of those stubborn turds that often need a second flush though. And so it proved, as they equalised from the spot early in the 2nd half following a predictable swan-dive by Townsend over Proppers invitingly outstretched leg. No matter, the best was still yet to come. With a little over 15 to go, the ball was sprayed wide-right by Stephens to Knockaert, who drove forward down the wing, van Aanholt rapidly retreating before him. With the pungent, heady odour of fear and trepidation filling his flaired Gallic nostrils, Knocky suddenly cut inside the now-stumbling van Aanholt onto his left, drew back his boot, and then spanked the most glorious 25-yarder into the very, VERY top left-hand corner of the goal. Like a shy young maiden pressing her lips to the cheek of her beau for the first time, the ball planted a momentary delicate kiss to the inside of the post, before slithering submissively down the pure white netting inside. It dropped behind the flailing Palace keeper, who had launched himself full-length to his right, but might just as well have been reaching for the moon. 2-1. Euphoria. Bedlam. Glory.

You may even have noticed that I have failed to mention a certain someone. For truth be told, there really was genuinely nothing worth mentioning about the four-lettered swivel-eyed gravity whore on this fine day. He was as ineffectual and anonymous as a shadow cabinet minister. Like an abandoned rotary washing line on a rainy day, you could see him out there, but all he seemed to do was sadly stand there, pointlessly taking up space. Speaking of points, that 6 of them for us this season courtesy of the south London filth, for the first time since 83-84. Lovely, lovely stuff.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
T
I can't compete with the excellent reporting of [MENTION=26980]The Tactician[/MENTION] of course, but I have cobbled together my own little report for a Seagulls Predictions League which I run with fellow NSC-er [MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION]. Thought I'd share it with the class, being as I'm still very much basking in the afterglow of last weekend.
................ Like an abandoned rotary washing line on a rainy day, you could see him out there, but all he seemed to do was sadly stand there, pointlessly taking up space.........[/i]

The whole report was great Easy, but that description of Zaha was pure poetry.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Oh, mon’amie! Come to papa! Just take in that scoreline. Look at it. Savour it. Bask in it. Bathe in it. Rub yourself all over with it. Smear it on and…..ok ok I’ll stop there, or it’ll never get past the IT email filters at this rate. But what a result, and what a game. From the moment Knockaert forcibly rearranged Milivojevic’s gonads inside the first 20 seconds, this truly was an afternoon to behold. Then, like a kick in the nuts from an old ex-girlfriend who you still carry a bit of a torch for, Old Man Murray really stuck the knife into our hapless Palace chums with a sublime dipping strike to put us 1 up. Even better, he wasn’t even supposed to be playing, with Andone having been named in the starting XI but pulling up lame in the warmup.

Palace are like one of those stubborn turds that often need a second flush though. And so it proved, as they equalised from the spot early in the 2nd half following a predictable swan-dive by Townsend over Proppers invitingly outstretched leg. No matter, the best was still yet to come. With a little over 15 to go, the ball was sprayed wide-right by Stephens to Knockaert, who drove forward down the wing, van Aanholt rapidly retreating before him. With the pungent, heady odour of fear and trepidation filling his flaired Gallic nostrils, Knocky suddenly cut inside the now-stumbling van Aanholt onto his left, drew back his boot, and then spanked the most glorious 25-yarder into the very, VERY top left-hand corner of the goal. Like a shy young maiden pressing her lips to the cheek of her beau for the first time, the ball planted a momentary delicate kiss to the inside of the post, before slithering submissively down the pure white netting inside. It dropped behind the flailing Palace keeper, who had launched himself full-length to his right, but might just as well have been reaching for the moon. 2-1. Euphoria. Bedlam. Glory.

You may even have noticed that I have failed to mention a certain someone. For truth be told, there really was genuinely nothing worth mentioning about the four-lettered swivel-eyed gravity whore on this fine day. He was as ineffectual and anonymous as a shadow cabinet minister. Like an abandoned rotary washing line on a rainy day, you could see him out there, but all he seemed to do was sadly stand there, pointlessly taking up space. Speaking of points, that 6 of them for us this season courtesy of the south London filth, for the first time since 83-84. Lovely, lovely stuff.

Superb! :clap2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

That was great. You have a hidden talent.

Naylor watch out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was great. You have a hidden talent.

Naylor watch out.

I'm not sure much of that would get past the Argus editor to be fair (if they even have one - I'm not overly convinced). But cheers anyway chap.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here