Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky`s card ,right or wrong

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Refs don't want to send players off so early in a match. Especially one as passionate as Palace v Brighton. Rare to see a red card anywhere so early in a game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Palace player should have got the same card as Knocky. Ref got it wrong imo, they were both either guilty or not guilty.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Ref was doing them a favour by only booking Knocky. We all know what happens when we play them with only 10 men...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I saw it as they both went in two footed and AK has lifted a foot back up to avoid his studs going into Milli Vanillis leg. Ok he got the plums but thats not a potential career ender.
If the ref really wanted to pull a Complete and Utter Shyster he could have given them both red and then restarted the game with the unusual sight of a contested drop ball, probably resulting in another double red as two angry players take it as an excuse to boot the other straight in the knee.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I thought it was 50/50 at the time. Still do after all the debates.
A typical first challenge in a local Derby.. only it isn't a derby anymore is it?

Yellow at worst for both players imo.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nailed on red. I can't believe how many people are missing the quite deliberate secondary " pushing " action aimed directly at their players groin. Obviously, delighted that he did not go off. On Sky analysis Dermot Gallagher suggests not sending him off was the correct decision and that it should have been two yellows as both went in with studs up. Again this overlooks Knocky's secondary action.

Absolutely this. The secondary push was deliberate and obvious......

.....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Milivojevic must have somehow withdrawn his clockweights into his groin, to have recovered so quickly. Either that or he’s one of those sado-masochists who like getting booted in the nads for fun.

Even more oddly, it was his shin (which received no contact) that he was holding. Makes me think Knocky didn't put much force on his tackle after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here