Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall allocation

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Pretentious much? This decision is purely based on the behaviour of Millwall fans. Were such a decision to be made and we were at home then it would be based on them smashing up toilets on previous visits and general bad behaviour in big games. The Palace decision, whilst primarily based on their hooded firework toting morons, is also partly because of the behaviour of our fans in previous encounters. Were this to be the case in an FA Cup Quarter final then I would hope the authorities would treat it fairly and I would accept a decision to reduce our allocation accordingly. No-one wants their allocation reduced but if it is based on the behaviour of just our fans, as is the case with the Millwall game, then I would accept it.

If you apply some logic to it, if the safety group have decided that Norwich game is Cat A and Brighton Cat B, they must think there is more potential for trouble for our game. I can't see that the decision is purely based on the behaviour of the Millwall fans, as the fans would be the same for the Norwich and Brighton games.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If you apply some logic to it, if the safety group have decided that Norwich game is Cat A and Brighton Cat B, they must think there is more potential for trouble for our game. I can't see that the decision is purely based on the behaviour of the Millwall fans, as the fans would be the same for the Norwich and Brighton games.
Apply that logic and most championship teams are full of hooligans as they aren't allowed more tickets. Home attendance and interest is falling, hence the Norwich category. Millwall have a history of violence in big games and they will sell out.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
That's a poor decision then on behalf of the FA who should be pushing for the club to have its rightful allocation. Effectively, they are rewarding bad behaviour by handing Millwall a greater home advantage because disorder is considered likely. Perhaps they should calculate how far short of the correct allocation Albion are, and reduce the number of home tickets available by the same percentage..

Absolutely this end of !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Said before hope next time we play these our own SAG only give 2,300 and not a single seat more , can u imagine the grieve they would of caused had we been at home and had to give them 4,500 absolute joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It's outrageous our fans are not given at least the same allocation as Norwich. We probably have a better reputation of supporter behaviour than Norwich, who themselves are not known for trouble outside the Norwich/Ipswich derby. We should in the strongest terms be allocated our permitted 15% of The New Den Capacity and Millwalls home allocation should be cut to a suitable amount the safety organisation and Police deem a safe amount of supporters that can be acomadated in the home areas of the stadium. Talk about letting bad behaviour winning the day! Outrageous IMHO

*are the authorities really that scared of the Millwall SUPPORT? Pussies the lot of them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I was don’t worry!

I was too......but because I don't go to so many games I could never get a ticket for the cup game even if we were allocated our full rightful allocation. But that's not the point, hundreds could go who deserve to go, hundreds who travel the extra mile and support the team and spends many a pound and many an hour to do so.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And the Norwich game is a league game. Surely Millwall are supposed to give a larger proportion of the capacity in Cup games. It doesn't add up at all.

Precisely. We are meant to get a BIGGER allocation than for an away team in a league game.

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think the overriding theme here is that however small of an advantage, however petty it may seem, WE are being punished because Millwall have a history of disorder.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the overriding theme here is that however small of an advantage, however petty it may seem, WE are being punished because Millwall have a history of disorder.
Absolutely correct unfortunately.

Personally I'm not surprised by the decision. It's an all or nothing cup match. What the FA and rozzers don't want to see is an Albion last minute winner followed by all their lower-tier goons encroaching onto the pitch and then targeting celebrating Albion fans, all on national telly box.

The question is - have the thugs won? On the face of it, yes, assuming that small advantage of an empty lower tier gets them over the line. But week in week out, well I'm not so sure. It is soulless going to the football with massive gaps in the crowd like that, and teams getting lower tier tix such as Saturday are as rare as rocking horse shit.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So when CP don't get their 'rightful allocation' because the police/safety advisory group feel this is best, do you think the number of our home tickets be reduced by the same percentage as the reduction for them?

Sure, if the threat stops our idiots fighting with their idiots long term. Then we can all have our proper allocation.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
How does the Maths of that club statement work then ? (2200+100+250)/0.15 suggests their stadium holds 17000. Their capacity is 20146.

It said 15% of available stadium which presumably excludes the lower tier.

There's also the 200 seats they've closed off for the remainder of the season due to racist chanting.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
How does the Maths of that club statement work then ? (2200+100+250)/0.15 suggests their stadium holds 17000. Their capacity is 20146.

Brilliant...so where will the racist chanters sit instead?
They won't sit they'll stand.
Specifically as it's the two back rows that are shut they will stand in the third and fourth rows from the back

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If someone cant make it im happy to buy there ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here