Playing snooker

Attachments

• p03lcphh.jpg
    p03lcphh.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 175

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think the point he was making was that he was horrified with himself, and it was an admission of what rage can do to your mind, few are immune from irrational thoughts arising from justifiable anger.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think the point he was making was that he was horrified with himself, and it was an admission of what rage can do to your mind, few are immune from irrational thoughts arising from justifiable anger.

That’s exactly what he was saying. I bet he wishes he hadn’t though!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'd never heard about his new film until today.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to say I think there are many that are probably jumping to too many assumptions. Think Triggaar nailed. Neeson did not seem to recount the whole conversation he had with his friend and therefore we don't know whether the first question he asked was whether the perpetrator was black or whether the victim had said something that led him to ask that question, for example, she could have said he was foreign.

People also seem to forget Neeson was raised in Northern Ireland at the height of the troubles so revenge was probably regularly seen. I also doubt the demographic of the area included many black people. He also made no suggestion he was going to 'do' the first black person he saw but that if a black person started something he would take it further.

He readily admits that he is ashamed of how he reacted and no doubt a large part of that is that he probably mixes in completely different circles to the ones he did before he left Northern Ireland.

Is he a racist? Well I'm not in his head so don't know but I'm inclined to believe he isn't. I would compare it to football in the 70s. I was only 14 when I first went and naively joined in monkey chants when there was the very rare occasion that a black footballer appeared for the opposition. I soon realized that was wrong but does that label me as a racist for the rest of my life. I don't think it does but there will be some on here that do.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I'm not convinced that he's racist ..... he had one single bit of description to go on and used that. If the women had said it was a one legged man I'm sure it would have been one legged males he'd have been on the hunt for. He doesn't say he went on the hunt because the culprit was black.

I haven't read the thread yet, but I already know what the replies are going to be. The usual suspects won't understand any of this, they'll just shout RACIST and call for Neeson to be put in the sticks and publicly shamed without trying for 1 second to understand the complexity of what he's saying. It's like people are competing to be the least racist.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Having spent some of my formative years in Belfast and Lisburn with my Irish Mum, I have some awareness :)

Anyway, what he did was rather racist but I doubt he is a racist. He's just a very silly boy. I doubt he will lose many of his audience though, young, black, banner waving lefties probably aren't his target market.

I reckon this is a very good summary.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My thoughts.

He recounted something he did (or thought about doing) which is extreme to the max.

It's akin to the KKK.

..and he did it to promote a film.

As someone said on the radio today, that's the conversation you have with you therapist not in a celebrity interview with the Independent.

Oh well, he has completely f#### his career but I'm sure there is money in the bank.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Amazing. Someone admits they wanted to murder any, innocent, black man and there are people on NSC stroking their chins and tying themselves up in linguistic knots to say I'm not sure it's racist.

Even a classic, 'it's not exactly the KKK'. As my esteemed colleague clapham_gull has pointed out, going out hunting black men to murder them is EXACTLY the KKK.

Yeah, I get he's being brutally honest, but to what end? Is this him trying to steer people away from a life of racist hate? Nope, he's telling us all how he could really inhabit a role in a film. Go Liam!

Coincidentally, I read an article yesterday about an ex-KKK chap, who now tries to help people escape that world. I can respect his honesty for his past actions and beliefs. Liam Neeson? Not so much.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Amazing. Someone admits they wanted to murder any, innocent, black man and there are people on NSC stroking their chins and tying themselves up in linguistic knots to say I'm not sure it's racist.

Even a classic, 'it's not exactly the KKK'. As my esteemed colleague clapham_gull has pointed out, going out hunting black men to murder them is EXACTLY the KKK.

Yeah, I get he's being brutally honest, but to what end? Is this him trying to steer people away from a life of racist hate? Nope, he's telling us all how he could really inhabit a role in a film. Go Liam!

Coincidentally, I read an article yesterday about an ex-KKK chap, who now tries to help people escape that world. I can respect his honesty for his past actions and beliefs. Liam Neeson? Not so much.
He was street walking in the hope to be attacked by a black man, not looking for an innocent black man.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
He was street walking in the hope to be attacked by a black man, not looking for an innocent black man.

No doubt he would have checked the man had committed the rape before he murdered him too. Saint Liam.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I was informed yesterday that the public have no place to judge him.
Apparently he went to confession and was subsequently absolved of his thoughts by none other than God, all be it via a priest acting on God`s behalf.
This apparently trumps everything.

That’s that then. Case closed.
Gotta love how that crap works even though i didnt give a toss before i was told the lords truth anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not convinced that he's racist ..... he had one single bit of description to go on and used that. If the women had said it was a one legged man I'm sure it would have been one legged males he'd have been on the hunt for. He doesn't say he went on the hunt because the culprit was black.

Shame the description wasn’t Northern Irish. He could have smashed his own head in and saved everyone the grief.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
How is it racist that he says he wanted to murder a black man but it isn't sexist that he wanted to murder a man?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How is it racist that he says he wanted to murder a black man but it isn't sexist that he wanted to murder a man?

And why isn’t there a straight pride eh?

Jesus ****ing wept.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here