Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] AJ v Povetkin

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
AJs team are avoiding Wilder as Eddie Hearn wants a few more pay days before a high risk fight. Carl Froch admitted it in an interview last week and Rob McCracken is his old trainer so he should know.

Really? A 'few more pay days' is a darn sight more risky than taking on Wilder (who is being buoyed up by American public opinion who are still bemused and outraged hat the heavyweight championship of the world isn't in US hands, as it should be by divine right}. A 'few more pay days' are a far bigger risk - all heavyweights are just one punch away from an accidental defeat against someone they should have beaten.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Anyone who buys a ticket or pays for the PPV if he fights Whyte next is a mug, if Joshua doesn't fight the winner of Fury v Wilder then he is not worth 2 bob

If Fury wins that fight in December then Joshua won't be fighting Wilder or Fury (in April) due to the re-match clause.

Therefor he will probably fight Whyte again (who has improved alot since he last fought Joshua).

Unless ofcourse Wilder beats Fury

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
AJs team are avoiding Wilder as Eddie Hearn wants a few more pay days before a high risk fight. Carl Froch admitted it in an interview last week and Rob McCracken is his old trainer so he should know.

I'm on the other side of that theory.
AJ (Hearn) wanted the Wilder fight for yesterday, the venue was booked early, as it is again for April. The contract was (allegedly) negotiated, renegotiated and then signed, sealed, sent and delivered.
AJ wants to become undisputed ASAP.

Wilder is looking for as many pay-days as possible before losing it all to AJ.

Compare resumes.

IF AJ - Wilder doesn't happen in April, it's because Wilder and his 3 managers don't want it to happen, as their income will likely massively drop after the fight (if Wilder loses).

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
AJ (Hearn) wanted the Wilder fight for yesterday, the venue was booked early, as it is again for April.

Compare resumes.

IF AJ - Wilder doesn't happen in April, it's because Wilder and his 3 managers don't want it to happen, as their income will likely massively drop after the fight (if Wilder loses).

If Fury wins that fight in December then Joshua won't be fighting Wilder or Fury (in April) due to the re-match clause.

Therefor he will probably fight Whyte again (who has improved alot since he last fought Joshua).

Unless ofcourse Wilder beats Fury, and they agree terms.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Unless ofcourse Wilder beats Fury, and they agree terms.

Yes. Plus Hearn/AJ will demand the contract be signed before December 1, if it's not signed before then, regardless of the result, AJ - Whyte rematch in April.

Finding it very funny that Fury has blocked Hearn, AJ, Matchroom and DAZN on twitter.
If he loses to Wilder (which I predict he will), he'll fall off the wagon and that'll be that for his boxing career.

Looks like the general public have almost no interest in an AJ - Whyte rematch.

[tweet]1043820813722558464[/tweet]

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Yes. Plus Hearn/AJ will demand the contract be signed before December 1, if it's not signed before then, regardless of the result, AJ - Whyte rematch in April.

Finding it very funny that Fury has blocked Hearn, AJ, Matchroom and DAZN on twitter.
If he loses to Wilder (which I predict he will), he'll fall off the wagon and that'll be that for his boxing career.

Looks like the general public have almost no interest in an AJ - Whyte rematch.

[tweet]1043820813722558464[/tweet]

They want it signed before the first of the December because if Wilder beats Fury then Wilder will want more money to fight Joshua.

A Whyte re-match isn't popular with the public but it would actually be a great fight, and a war

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
AJ (Hearn) wanted the Wilder fight for yesterday, the venue was booked early, as it is again for April. The contract was (allegedly) negotiated, renegotiated and then signed, sealed, sent and delivered.

Compare resumes.

Exactly this. If you want to take a punt on who is avoiding who then you only have to take a look at Wilders resume, he must be the most protected heavyweight champion of all time. 40 fights and he has only faced one of the current top 10 ring magazine fighters (Ortiz). He didn't fight for a world title until he was 33 fights in to his career and and in his 32nd fight was facing journeyman Jason Gavern!

Joshua is on the other hand is only 22 fights in, fought for a world title in his 16th fight and has now fought 4 of the current top 10 + Klitschko. There really is no comparison.

I really can't get my head around how anyone can say that he is being protected!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly this. If you want to take a punt on who is avoiding who then you only have to take a look at Wilders resume, he must be the most protected heavyweight champion of all time. 40 fights and he has only faced one of the current top 10 ring magazine fighters (Ortiz). He didn't fight for a world title until he was 33 fights in to his career and and in his 32nd fight was facing journeyman Jason Gavern!

Joshua is on the other hand is only 22 fights in, fought for a world title in his 16th fight and has now fought 4 of the current top 10 + Klitschko. There really is no comparison.

I really can't get my head around how anyone can say that he is being protected!

This. [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION] has always had an agenda against AJ, a fighter who’s always looked for the world title and normally won in the distance, yet is apparently “boring”. I think that actually means professional. Still, if you prefer watching the car crash that is the big fat homophobic do-as-you-likey destroy his own promising career, so be it. It’s sport, not rock n roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
They want it signed before the first of the December because if Wilder beats Fury then Wilder will want more money to fight Joshua.

A Whyte re-match isn't popular with the public but it would actually be a great fight, and a war

I agree, but I would also add that they want it signed in order to have the maximum amount of time to promote the hell out of it, to Hearn as much $$ as possible.

I would like a Whyte rematch too, it'd be a great fight, as it was the first time around.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I agree, but I would also add that they want it signed in order to have the maximum amount of time to promote the hell out of it, to Hearn as much $$ as possible.

I would like a Whyte rematch too, it'd be a great fight, as it was the first time around.

Ofcourse. It would be the first undisputed world heavy weight fight since Lennox Lewis back in 99'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here