Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex CCC v Somerset CCC, Hove, One day cup, 24.4.19 11AM KO***

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
One of those Sussex batting displays where you could tell they were happy to lose

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just got back: really disappointing Sussex performance. The pitch wasn't a minefield by any stretch of the imagination. Salt got pinned back by a decent delivery but the other dismissals were just loose shots - particularly Evans, who'd got himself in and swiped a ball down deep square's throat.

I think this team is a batter light - Brown shouldn't be going in at 5 - Wright was ill, apparently, but surely Burgess, Rawlins or Wells should have been drafted in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think DL method is a joke and in a league format should be dropped and changed to a draw either 1pt each or no points each team depending on how many points given for a win.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I think DL method is a joke and in a league format should be dropped and changed to a draw either 1pt each or no points each team depending on how many points given for a win.

Disagree. DL/S is not perfect and has limitations, but these drawbacks are not as detrimental as taking away winning points for a team dominating. It was very clear which team was on top today. All the other games today were also ended prematurely, and all had the team clearly dominating as winners. 1 point would not have been fair in any case.

The issue I have with DLS is how it favours the teams chasing. 3/4 teams batting second won today. No prizes for guessing which one didn’t. Having to score at a higher rate over a shorter period of time is ‘easy’ for modern cricketers. Adjusting the target score to factor in wickets and how the other team would’ve scored faster if they had fewer overs is fairly done... but it’s still an advantage to bat second. I also do not like how this can effect net run rate for the table standings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here