Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs loss - has that game made you more or less confident that we will stay up?

How did the Spurs loss/performance make you feel about our chances of staying up?

• MORE confident - you idiot, it was superb, backs to the wall stuff

Votes: 132 63.8%
  • LESS confident - you prat, it’s another loss and another game without scoring!

Votes: 75 36.2%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Simple question really.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It’s made me more confident that our GD won’t take a huge tonking - that’ll help in our efforts to stay up. It’s made me neither more nor less confident we’ll score before the season end - that won’t help.

Given my confidence that we’ll score again was already very low, I guess the net effect is slightly more confident we’ll escape the drop.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The manner of the loss left the goon squad looking completely knackered and demoralised. If we lose against Newcastle and Cardiff beat Fulham, you'd feel they'd have the impetus to get something from the ballbags or Utd, whereas we'll almost certainly get nowt from Arse or Citeh. So Satdi will probably decide it.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You're neither a prat nor an idiot (except in brexit views!), I still think it depends more on what Cardiff do than what we do.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Absolutely not worried about it - Cardiff won't get the points.
But, delighted to see some fight over the last two games (from most of the squad).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
More than anything, that game has left me frustrated, annoyed and confused that we find ourselves in this position in the first place.

Our survival was never likely to be defined by an away game at Spurs. So why did we sleepwalk through home games vs. junk like Saints, Bournemouth, Cardiff and flush 9 points down the shitter?

We could and probably should have been home and hosed weeks ago.

Less. Because we lost. And it’s another game where our players just learn never to attack another team in numbers. The idea we can suddenly switch when playing so called lesser teams has been the fallacy of the season

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely not worried about it - Cardiff won't get the points.
But, delighted to see some fight over the last two games (from most of the squad).

I have your avatar (or a version of it) on a t shirt. Badly drawn footballers :lolol::cheers:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Last week after Cardiff I really worried that the fight and the spirit had gone out of the team. Tonight (and Saturday) proved that we still have that in absolute bucket loads.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Oddly enough, despite it being a great performance, somehow I feel more likely we'll go down. But at least we'll go down fighting now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It has made me no more confident.

My conclusion is that we can defend stoutly when we need to park the bus, but the reality for me is that we’re clueless and lack any creativity or bite when we need to attack. We haven’t scored in 10.5 hours of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Last week after Cardiff I really worried that the fight and the spirit had gone out of the team. Tonight (and Saturday) proved that we still have that in absolute bucket loads.

Shame we didn’t show it against Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff. They were the games that mattered.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
More confident ... feel proud of the team tonight. Still don’t know where the goal is coming from though. Andone looked most like scoring but was the right decision to take him off as he looked like he could get a red card. Just hope that he was annoyed about being subbed rather than any dressing room discontent.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I had Cardiff catching our goal difference with a 4-0 defeat. Now pessimistically realised that Man United most likely won't be in contention for the top 4 in the final game.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here