Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Jobs you would never do

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Traffic Warden. The ultimate in making yourself as popular as a fart in a space-suit at parties when the 'so what do you do' question gets asked.

Social Worker assigned to help people who absolutely do not want to help themselves. I'd find that so frustrating.

Any Lawyers job which included defending someone who was clearly guilty as hell. I'd be wanting to throw my lying, deceitful client right under the bus - which isn't really the idea, is it.

There are others, but these would be my main three.

Even for the guiltiest of criminals, a good defence is essential for a robust conviction. If a jury find you guilty despite your defence case being 100% fought to the wire, the justice system can feel reassured that you absolutely are guilty. In my opinion the lawyers defending even the guiltiest rapists & murderers are doing an amazing and essential job, and probably being paid handsomely for doing so.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Sh*t shoveller. In Nara, Japan, there's a huge park with loads of deer roaming free. And I actually saw an aforesaid, sh*t shoveller scooping deer sh*t up. Where it ended up, I have no idea.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Every financial year, April to April you know, collecting all the phlegm what Winston Churchill had gobbed out into his bucket by the bed.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
To feed the family and put a roof over them I’d ultimately do any job. Why should the state step in if I can’t be arsed to do a particular job :shrug:

Gotta agree with that HG. The 20 pound notes you earn doing that buys the same essentials as the same notes earned being anything else IMHO.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
If I was desperate I don't think there's any job I wouldn't do. Anybody that would rather sit at home eating crisps and raking in benefits because they think having a type of available job is beneath them can do one. Get to work you lazy little git.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Could never clean toilets, respect to those that do
Traffic warden, would rather clean toilets

I used to clean toilets for a living. It’s not actually that bad

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ringing up total strangers to remind them of the recent accident they had (that wasn't their fault).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
999 call handler

For the genuine emergencies, the pressure borne out of a need for clarity of thought under pressure must be enormous. I also wouldn't be able to stop myself calling the people who call the police because they got the wrong pizza and the like utter clueless ****wits, which while satisfying is probably highly unprofessional...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Teacher. University degree plus year post grad to end up working more hours per year than an average 9-5 (yes, even with the 13 weeks holiday) for average pay and having to deal with a world of shit from all angles.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gotta agree with that HG. The 20 pound notes you earn doing that buys the same essentials as the same notes earned being anything else IMHO.

If I was desperate I don't think there's any job I wouldn't do. Anybody that would rather sit at home eating crisps and raking in benefits because they think having a type of available job is beneath them can do one. Get to work you lazy little git.

Yes, this.

There are jobs that I wouldn't do, on ethical / moral grounds, but nothing that I'd turn my nose up, as 'beneath me'.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
"So, what do you do?"

"I'm a proctologist, and I've seen more noughts than the Crystal Palace scoreboard..."

:lolol:

i'm thinking of putting Mr Stumble & Tumble in my dream team ....that would make me a gynaecologist , that would be my dream job but until i've finished my studies i'll stick to building stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here