Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] #BeatingTeamsLikeLiverpool

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
At my age?
With my knees?

No it's because I was asleep on the sofa, and didn't see a ball being kicked.

(Blimey that punchline was a long time coming)

I didn't realise statistical shaftings took such a toll on the body.

Still, we stand a chance of getting something from the game against them, that's the positive thing.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A = Sit back wait for the inevitable , the atmosphere is non existent , get beat lamely .

B = Get stuck in , high press , the crowd respond accordingly , perhaps get beat .

I'll have a B please Bob .

Totally agree. And I do think CH has seen the light somewhat based on recent performances. However, I don't think we'll see much of B against Liverpool next weekend - we nullified them very well at Anfield and I'd expect to see the same.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Statistically our home league record v Liverpool is not too shabby, just three defeats and three draws in the last six games. Definitely due a win.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Easy win for the Albion...a nice comfortable 3-0!
I don't know about 3-0, that's going a bit far... but I will settle for a cosy 1-0 or 2-0. They are there for the taking now. Every club goes through a bad spell in a season, and this is the start of theirs. The timing could not be better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barry Glendenning has just described Liverpool's next league game as:-

"BENIGN" :angry:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought we competed well at Anfield, they were holding on a bit at the end. I’d be delighted if we got a draw though, they have some good players and their pressing game always causes us problems.

Henderson is shit though.

:lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm going to this match and I'm fully expecting us to avoid defeat. Since I moved away in 2015, we haven't lost in any of the games I've come back for (W7 D1). There's no way Liverpool are going to take away my unbeaten record.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just did a quick back of the envelope on the table below and if you convert all that to 3 points for a win I don't think one single pair of teams change places. I seem to recall that Leeds would not have won the league (1969?) with the new points thing, but by and large it seems to have affected nothing :shrug:

Finished above Everton in the same season we finished above City. Everton finished 19th, 4 points and 1 place above relegation

View attachment 103510

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would imagine any recently hatchjed Liverpudlian interlopers looking at this thread will be thinking 'what the actual ****?' or 'this lot are mentalists' or 'they seem strangely and disturbingly confident'. It would be a good idea to not enlighten them on what we know and what they don't know......:rolleyes:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I just did a quick back of the envelope on the table below and if you convert all that to 3 points for a win I don't think one single pair of teams change places. I seem to recall that Leeds would not have won the league (1969?) with the new points thing, but by and large it seems to have affected nothing :shrug:

But as everybody was playing to the same rules before and after you wouldn't expect that kind of difference. If it did make an impact then it would show up in the league-wide number of draws. I don't know if there is a difference there but I'm sure it's been examined...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

You just had to make me check :lolol:

Dirty Leeds would still have won the league in '69 under 3 points for a win.

6869.JPG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#BeatingTeamsLikeLiverpool...

...with our reserves

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The objective of three pints for a win was to encourage teams to go for the win. I am convinced that it changed behaviours and is illustrated with more action in the last ten minutes of games.

How much do I have to drink if we lose?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here