Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] No money for frontline policing but....

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
feet on beach.jpg

Nothing yet Guv.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t help thinking there are a couple of very suntanned coppers in the Algarve, sat at their usual bar, after their daily round of golf, pissing themselves laughing at this.

‘Ah, yes Guv, making really good progress. Got some cracking new leads, just need a few more weeks to get the interviews done and stuff. We’re definitely on the brink of a breakthrough- you’re going to look BRILLIANT in the press conferences.........’

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Up to £11.75m now, so just over £1m per year. How many front line police officers would this have funded over this period, which would have been better value

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I’m with Ernest on this. Absolute waste of money, very sad to say but she will never be found now. Parents need to have a long hard look at themselves going out on the piss while leaving children alone in room.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m with Ernest on this. Absolute waste of money, very sad to say but she will never be found now. Parents need to have a long hard look at themselves going out on the piss while leaving children alone in room.

I expect they've been through this process

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
.....another £150k wasted on this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46196238

But surely Jezza wouldn't have helped now would he? More money for Plod? Never! Spend it on support groups for the disadvantaged (whoever that is), or other obscure minority groups, or left handed refugee allotment holders from Afghanistan, or IRA support groups, or HAMAS? So as much as I doubt the McCann parents, let's be honest, ERNs was just aiming very cheap political shots in poor taste.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It was solely down to the parents negligence that led to poor Maddy's disappearance. I can't help but think that if they had been manual workers living in a council flat the authorities would have taken a very different view of the parents role in her disappearance. Millions of taxpayers money has been spent searching for Maddy and if the parents want the investigation to continue, they should raise the funds themselves.

Quite sad to see WQW deciding to use this news as a political platform to put the boot into Corbyn! Very odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here