Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Managerial Candidates - The Outsiders

Which would you be satisfied with as new manager?

• Stevie G

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Davy Moyes

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Steve Cotterill

• Nuno Santo

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Arsene Wenger

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • Bruno

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • Claudio Ranieri

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • Hope Powell

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Nigel Adkins

• Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 71 48.6%
  • Sean Dyche

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • AVB

Votes: 21 14.4%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Lee Johnson

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Steve Holland

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Pablo Machin

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • Big Sam

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Ralph Ragnick

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Mickey Adams

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Simon Grayson

• Paul Clement

• Martin Jol

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Malky Mackay

• Total voters

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Rafa Benitez is probably the best fit in terms of budgets and improving the squad & results season upon season but I dont see Albion being anywhere near the top of his list if he walks as he will have many suitors.

Lets be a little realistic , Hope Powell would never get the job in a month of Sundays , Sean Dyche really ? after all Albion fans slagged him off repeatedly , Nuno Santo is never gonna leave Wolves for the Albion.

Please lets not even consider any of the usual merry management go round failures such as Pardew , Hughes , Moyes , Clement.

My preference would be British under 50 and with a reasonable record of attractive football and the inclusion of youth coming through the internal system. Not many of them about and not many on your list which does not even include the hot favourite of Graham Potter. Of the listed ones Steve Holland would be my stand out candidate.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rafa Benitez is probably the best fit in terms of budgets and improving the squad & results season upon season but I dont see Albion being anywhere near the top of his list if he walks as he will have many suitors.

Lets be a little realistic , hope powell would never get the job in a month of Sundays , Sean Dyche really ? after all Albion fans slagged him off repeatedly , Nuno Santo is never gonna leave Wolves for the Albion.

Pleas lets not even consider any of the usual merry management go round failures such as Pardew , Hughes , Moyes , Clement.

My preference would be British under 50 and with a reasonable record of attractive football and the inclusion of youth coming through the internal system. Not many of them about and not many on your list which does not even include the hot favourite of Graham Potter. Of the listed ones Steve Holland would be my stand out candidate.

I think everyone on my list barring possibly Wenger is realistic, I did another poll yesterday with the main contenders on which included Potter, Neville, Arteta, Fox etc.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Out of interest, what was the rest of his statement?....not that I’d wish him on my worst enemy (oh alright, maybe Palarse)

He was actually making good points. Along the lines of how much money he would be getting and finding out exactly what the Chairman wanted him to achieve. He went on to say that his brief at West Ham was to "get the club promoted to the Premier League and stay there". Job done, but by the third year he was told that he was sacked (or left or whatever) because of the style of football. Sam (possibly quite rightly) argued that he needed the players to play a specific brand of football that the club wanted him to.

But no, wouldn't want him anywhere near Albion. He was also banging on bemoaning the fate of British managers, complaining that "they're all foreigners" and that EVEN British owners like Huddersfield have gone to German managers. Bit broken record. By a British manager. Who's out of a job at the moment :dunce:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would love it if Ralf Rangnick was our next boss. An absolutely stunning record in German football, plays good football, brings through youth players, and improves established players.
If we could get him, I would still be smiling at Christmas, unfortunately, I can’t see Leipzig letting him go anywhere, but, if he fancied a new challenge-???

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Where's Alan Mullery?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I would love it if Ralf Rangnick was our next boss. An absolutely stunning record in German football, plays good football, brings through youth players, and improves established players.
If we could get him, I would still be smiling at Christmas, unfortunately, I can’t see Leipzig letting him go anywhere, but, if he fancied a new challenge-???

Bang on.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We are a hard bunch to please, only a third of us would be satisfied if we appointed Arsene Wenger as manager.

:facepalm:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
maxresdefault.jpg

These two? Although they'd make Mat Ryan look even shorter.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Steven Gerrard for me. Has done surprisingly well with a limited budget in the MTL. Knows the Premier League, and it'd be a free hit for him - do well and he's in the window for Liverpool after Klopp, we go down, well, according to the media that's inevitable next year anyway. It would be progression for him, certainly.

I find it strange that Lampard is third favourite and yet Gerrard is nowhere in the running when I think Gerrard's got more going for him, especially in a structure with a Technical Director. Last weekend - contrast that pitiful Derby display vs Leeds in the 1st leg of the play-offs vs Leeds with Rangers 2-0 win over Celtic.

Although the SPL is no better than the Championship Glasgow is a tough place to manage and Gerrard's bought well and handled the pressure.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'd love Rafa Benitez because he's class, as is Wenger - neither would come here. Ever.

Ranieri would be brilliant because he's insane.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Giuseppe Bariti is being linked in Italy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here