Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heather Rabbatts

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Greg Dyke reckons the FA council is "to male and to white" have agree on both accounts.
Apparently the is only one woman on the council ( until very recently a fair representation in terms of numbers who play the game) however I'm very suspicious that the woman in question, Heather Rabbatts is not actually a woman therefore action must be taken!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There was me thinking a new signing had been announced.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Having worked with her (In a previous job) can honestly say she is one of the nicest, most genuine people out there.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Having worked with her (In a previous job) can honestly say she is one of the nicest, most genuine people out there.

I'm sure she is lovely, just making a joke really, too much depressing stuff around at the moment.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Greg Dyke reckons the FA council is "to male and to white" have agree on both accounts.
Apparently the is only one woman on the council ( until very recently a fair representation in terms of numbers who play the game) however I'm very suspicious that the woman in question, Heather Rabbatts is not actually a woman therefore action must be taken!

Greg Dykes a friggin Idiot. over 90% of the population is white and men are almost always the career bread winners. I mean wtf does he expect to see Purple transgendered martians?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Greg Dykes a friggin Idiot. over 90% of the population is white and men are almost always the career bread winners. I mean wtf does he expect to see Purple transgendered martians?

Population demographics are irrelevant. If a woman/1 legged Martian on 'disability' comes up with an idea better than, "Ohh, France/Germany/Spain/Italy were good at the last World Cup/Euros, let's copy what they do and we'll be good to go in 12 years." then get them on board.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Population demographics are irrelevant. If a woman comes up with an idea better than, "Ohh, France/Germany/Spain/Italy were good at the last World Cup/Euros, let's copy what they do and we'll be good to go in 12 years." then get her

Exactly. Whilst I am unsure of the abilities of the FA employees, it would be interesting to delve a little deeper as to successful and unsuccessful candidates.

Looney's post is quite an apt one for his username.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
It's not Dyke's fault. He's just having to go down the same route as every other corporate organisation. It's all about quotas and representation. How about we choose the best person for the job regardless of sex or race?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's not Dyke's fault. He's just having to go down the same route as every other corporate organisation. It's all about quotas and representation. How about we choose the best person for the job regardless of sex or race?

It is not dengerous to ask if that is actually happening? He's saying that the FA is how it is, not claiming they are discriminating.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Population demographics are irrelevant. If a woman/1 legged Martian on 'disability' comes up with an idea better than, "Ohh, France/Germany/Spain/Italy were good at the last World Cup/Euros, let's copy what they do and we'll be good to go in 12 years." then get them on board.

I suppose better ask you the obvious. If population Demographics are irrelevant how can the council be to male and to white?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly. Whilst I am unsure of the abilities of the FA employees, it would be interesting to delve a little deeper as to successful and unsuccessful candidates.

Looney's post is quite an apt one for his username.

If usernames were apt shouldn't yours be barrel of ignorance? I'll rephrase the last question.

If its not related to demographics then in relation to what is the council to white and to male? Are you assuming white males are incompetent vis other groups.

Now if I was to defend the point rather than attack your weak posturing I would say that these council members have served there time and by part luck part merit or part sycophancy theyve climbed the pole to the council. Now being a cliche worshipping pleb you do not have that to fall back on so what is it if not Demographics/Representation?

What qualifies you to say it would be better with a dose of "non-white males" and why?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If usernames were apt shouldn't yours be barrel of ignorance? I'll rephrase the last question.

If its not related to demographics then in relation to what is the council to white and to male? Are you assuming white males are incompetent vis other groups.

Now if I was to defend the point rather than attack your weak posturing I would say that these council members have served there time and by part luck part merit or part sycophancy theyve climbed the pole to the council. Now being a cliche worshipping pleb you do not have that to fall back on so what is it if not Demographics/Representation?

What qualifies you to say it would be better with a dose of "non-white males" and why?

I'm not claiming anything as towards the council being TOO white and TOO male. I'm not even suggesting the current incumbents are incompetent. I am suggesting that he may well have a point as to a closed shop and it would be worth investigating further.

Your initial statement was poppycock.

Your defence is weak because you know nothing as to regards with their recruitment policy or anything about their employment procedure. Your whole defence was that it tallies with demographics.

Part of the remit of the FA is to encourage inclusion. Is their organsiation inclusive?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
More women and non whites is what we need to steer us to a World Cup win

Can't believe it hadn't dawned on us as a nation years ago...

It's why the Spanish have done so well recently..

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not claiming anything as towards the council being TOO white and TOO male. I'm not even suggesting the current incumbents are incompetent. I am suggesting that he may well have a point as to a closed shop and it would be worth investigating further.

Your initial statement was poppycock.

Your defence is weak because you know nothing as to regards with their recruitment policy or anything about their employment procedure. Your whole defence was that it tallies with demographics.

Part of the remit of the FA is to encourage inclusion. Is their organsiation inclusive?

Nice try in turning the issue on its head. Im not using Demographics as a motive,I'm asking you and carrotcruncher to explain your position if it isn't.

Greg Dyke is a timeserving public sector lefty who has recided over the decline in standards of journalism and impartiality when at the BBC. Someone who is used to barking leftwing ephits and catchphrases and being Kowtowed to.

Being from a background that avoids beaurocratic dictates and questions a culture of politicaly spoonfed yes men, the proposition that he is politic posturing is a reasonable one. As is the assumption he is wrongly alluding to demographics. Now I dont have a theory of his weird pronouncement, as you are defending it I was hoping you would explain it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am suggesting he may well have a valid point, not that he is necessarily correct in his assertions.

You were defending the current setup by suggesting women are busy having babies and didn't even address the lack of ethnic minorities within the council.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Don't forget the disableds, is that a word? get a few of them in, maybe some "little people" to make up the numbers, we wouldn't want to exclude anyone!!!!!! I wonder if the Nigerian FA has this dilemma, "hmmm we need more white europeans"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here