Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:clap2:

Exactly.

Pointing out that a few of our recent signings haven't represented value for money and are struggling at this level is nowhere NEAR the same as wanting them to fail. I will be overjoyed if, come 5.30 tomorrow afternoon, Locadia rips Newcastle a new one, Ali J chips in with a brilliant goal and a daring assist and Montoya suddenly becomes an all-star mash up of Bruno, Kyle Walker and a youthful Gary Neville. I don't think any of that is likely but that doesn't mean that us winning a vital game, and our new players suddenly showing why they are worth their place, wouldn't be worth [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] smugly bouncing a thread, stroking their chins and saying "I told you so".

Singling out being the operative word here.....and you and HKFC are always there to jump in with a put down if anyone dares take a different viewpoint and then echo each other in your put downs.

None of the forwards and wingers are worth their place at the moment and AJ is the one you pick on :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I am sure we all want our players to be brilliant, even if they are crap now, some crossroad deal with the devil will do, Butters syndrome will always be my hope

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
:
None of the strikers and wingers have looked remotely like Premier League players recently but let’s single out a couple of the newbies and write them off as useless.

But as your point alludes to at some point they have showed premier league ability, the ‘newbies’ haven’t.....

So really they haven’t got a high starting point.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol: of course I don’t, it’s just the usual suspects making snidey remarks whenever anyone suggests a viewpoint different to theirs.

AJ may or may not come good but he has already been written off in what has been a difficult season for him and the club.

Both AJ and Locadia are bearing the brunt of rightly disgruntled fans at our inability to attack like a TEAM. But Murray has looked shit since January, Knocky, a wonder goal apart, has been slagged off too. March has been better than most but overall he’s done the sum of sweet FA but gets away with it because he’s “one of our own”. Andone after a bright start plays like a nutter.

None of the strikers have looked remotely like Premier League players recently but let’s single out a couple of the newbies and write them off as useless.

Which does transfer into the stadium.

Stephens does what he's told to do - audible groan.
Solly misplaces a pass - audible groan.
The less said about Bong the better.
Ali can hardly walk onto the pitch without an audible groan.
Locadia can't put a foot right.

AK can't put a foot wrong even when attempting to end another players career.

Yet so many people write on here about most players, certainly the attacking ones, 'he's clearly a confidence player hence the poor form'.

We should be pleased any player wants to come and play in front of the most miserable, menstrual, pass-ag bunch of fat middle aged white blokes the world has ever known.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But as your point alludes to at some point they have showed premier league ability, the ‘newbies’ haven’t.....

So really they haven’t got a high starting point.....

Yes the point where we didn’t only play football in our own half. Locadia has scored three crucial goals when we decided to attack, gaining us four points and the goal that brought us back into the Millwall game. He is also a useless waste of money though :rolleyes:

Has AJ actually played in a Premier League game for more than a few minutes when we played attacking football or weren’t chasing the game?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Singling out being the operative word here.....and you and HKFC are always there to jump in with a put down if anyone dares take a different viewpoint and then echo each other in your put downs.

None of the forwards and wingers are worth their place at the moment and AJ is the one you pick on :rolleyes:

I think Locadia is pretty shit, too, if it makes you happier that Alireza isn't being unfairly singled out? :shrug:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
As for being concerned about being 'proved clueless', I couldn't give a flying ****. I've been wrong about players before, and I undoubtedly will be again. I thought David Livermore, Kemy Agustien and Stephen Dobbie were all going to be brilliant signings. .

Have you ever written someone off as crap who turned out to be a great signing?

It's easy to claim you had high expectations of flop signings, not so easy on the ego to admit the other way around.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have you ever written someone off as crap who turned out to be a great signing?

It's easy to claim you had high expectations of flop signings, not so easy on the ego to admit the other way around.

Most of the forwards we sign have been crap in the long run.

I tend to see that pretty quickly but I’m sticking my neck out on AJ and Locadia until I’ve seen more of them in an attacking Albion side.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Locadia is pretty shit, too, if it makes you happier that Alireza isn't being unfairly singled out? :shrug:

Yet I guess you enjoyed the Jurgen Locadia Memorial Trip to Wembley?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Most of the forwards we sign have been crap in the long run.

I tend to see that pretty quickly but I’m sticking my neck out on AJ and Locadia until I’ve seen more of them in an attacking Albion side.

I'm very hot and cold when it comes to Locadia. When I see him with the ball at his feet, looking very heavy and clumsy, I think he's crap. But then when I see him score one of the goals of the season against Millwall, I think, hhhmm maybe there is something there we're not seeing.

as for aj, I've seen nothing to suggest any hope.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yet I guess you enjoyed the Jurgen Locadia Memorial Trip to Wembley?

I very much enjoyed the day out at Wembley, secured thanks to Locadia's great finish and a game-changing cameo from March.

I also enjoyed the win over Everton and the draw with Arsenal. What is your point? I've not suggested he isn't capable of the occasional flash of promise. He's been here a fair while though, so you'll be wanting to put me in my place with a long list of other great moments, no doubt :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes the point where we didn’t only play football in our own half. Locadia has scored three crucial goals when we decided to attack, gaining us four points and the goal that brought us back into the Millwall game. He is also a useless waste of money though :rolleyes:

Has AJ actually played in a Premier League game for more than a few minutes when we played attacking football or weren’t chasing the game?

But like it or not, that is how we play.

The point with Locadia being, he isn’t/doesn’t seem to be a winger who can contribute, he (by his own admission) is poor at heading, so difficult to call him a target man, first touch is a bit ‘hit or miss’, so unless he is a Gross cover/replacement, I don’t know why have we signed him?

We no longer play with two up front....

I’m not sure he alone gained us four points [emoji2], but he did score twice over Christmas. (Really don’t care about cup games, he also scored against Coventry last year.... [emoji58]).

I do think he’ll score tomorrow though - just a feeling.

AJ played prior to Christmas and was poor, and only the most ardent supporter could describe his performances as anything other than disappointing. However, as per another thread, I’ve more hope for him and think a pre-season will do him good.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm very hot and cold when it comes to Locadia. When I see him with the ball at his feet, looking very heavy and clumsy, I think he's crap. But then when I see him score one of the goals of the season against Millwall, I think, hhhmm maybe there is something there we're not seeing.
Rohan Ince scored a goal of the season for us not so long ago.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I very much enjoyed the day out at Wembley, secured thanks to Locadia's great finish and a game-changing cameo from March.

I also enjoyed the win over Everton and the draw with Arsenal. What is your point? I've not suggested he isn't capable of the occasional flash of promise. He's been here a fair while though, so you'll be wanting to put me in my place with a long list of other great moments, no doubt :shrug:
In a way I agree with you Hans but how many minutes has Big Jurge played in a Brighton shirt?

Not as many as some would think????:mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here