Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Totenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Again I'm not trying "hard" to do anything but analyse how we lost the game, certainly no harder than you taking your frustrations rather randomly out on other posters

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You're far too sensitive LI as always.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hughton:

"There are some games where you think the other team are going to open you up and the longer the game went they were pushing bodies forward but I thought we were going to get a point."

"We had opportunities to manage the game better at the end and those are the details that are crucial against a team of the quality of Tottenham."

"That pressure is something we've put on ourselves. We've got three games and we have to make sure we get enough points to secure our status in this division. The pressure comes with the territory and we'll have to deal with it."

"We've found it difficult in the opposition half and the final third. What we have done is got back to ourselves in terms of resilience. We've never been big goalscorers but in whichever way we can we need to get it somehow and we have an opportunity at home against Newcastle on Saturday."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/47631220

No argument with that.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Interesting comment from CH before the game stating 'we've shown we're not good enough to play that way' when asked whether we might play a bit more attacking. Not sure if he meant just against the top teams or not but interesting to hear him say that nonetheless

I heard him say something similar recently. He knows our (relatively very low budget) squad limitations, and chisels out our necessary points accordingly. IMO against all teams. Don’t expect all out attack against Newcastle, he’ll try to engineer a result.

I said this is another thread a few days ago. I think he's tried the more attacking approach, and had enough of it as our midfield/forwards haven't shown that they're good enough - and so has said 'right, that's enough - back to what we know we're good at'. And we are bloody good at it aren't we.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, which is why Andone was on a yellow and Murray takes 70 mins plus to get a yellow.

Are you following this? Sometimes I wonder whether your attention span precludes even a conversation let alone an argument :shrug:

You really don't get my humour do you.punish:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You really don't get my humour do you.punish:

When I want humour I go to [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION]. Humour has to have context. Talking random bollocks isn't normally funny.

D

Deleted member 2719

So he does. Any more of his illogical tedious nonsense and I'll have to put him on ignore. Sussex nobhead will be next. Anyone who is unable to have watched tonight's match and not understand what has happened (and why it is encouraging) needs to enroll for an evening class. I would be hapy to write the syllabus.

Please, please, teach me Harry, you are so wonderful and wise that your opinion is always so great, if only I could be like you.

Keep up the personal insults on me as you obviously makes you feel really good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Please, please, teach me Harry, you are so wonderful and wise that your opinion is always so great, if only I could be like you.

Keep up the personal insults on me as you obviously makes you feel really good.

Crikey, you really are weird. I don't have time for this. I pity the folk who don't do what I'm about to do. Tara, for ever.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really annoying tonight as we played so well but onwards and upwards

D

Deleted member 2719

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] openly admits on NSC that he can’t stand Muzza, so would be hugely disappointed that he played at any stage tonight.

Yep that's right I am consistent and honest and as far away as fickle as you can get.
He just isn't my sort of player as he ruins our flow with all the fouls and offsides he gets and of course he thinks purely about Glenn, just check his assist out, pretty much none existent.

I like team players who would never go to Palarse when there are other clubs about.

Loyalty isnt seen much nowadays in friendships or working environments and in this case football, its time things changed.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
On the way to Paddington after the game. It was a hard watch but no complaints from me. The boys put a real shift in and that is all I ask. Nearly earned a point. It going to be scary on Saturday mind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was Hughton giving him an early bath rather than waiting for the referee to do it.
If that was the case, he should have done it earlier. As it was, Andone had things under control. He's also the player we least need to be making tackles, so it should be easy for him to avoid getting booked when needed.
Good that Andone wasn't happy about it too. Good attitude - just needs to reign in the nasty bits a bit.
Yep.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, **** me right? For thinking about how disappointed and deflated the players could be, sorry for that. I'll stop thinking about the players as ****ing human beings
You're actually trying to defend your stupidity? On your point of how they feel, I bet they feel better about today's result than the game against Bournemouth. And if you care about their feelings, what will make them feel most happy, is avoiding relegation. That is more likely now than if we had lost by 4. But our GD vs Cardiff is now looking ok again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great, committed performance and plenty to build on for Saturday. CH now has a selection headache of which players to leave out after good performances rather than who to put in after playing like crap.

Mind you, we still produced our usual masterclass in giving the ball away under no pressure whatever.
Agree with all that apart from the 'no pressure' bit. The pressure was pretty relentless for nearly 90 minutes. Sure we will have given the ball away at times when a player had more time than they realised, but having been under pressure all game, they don't suddenly become relaxed when they've got 1 second breathing time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rosenoir said Eriksen was Stephens’s man, not saying it’s as clear cut as that but Stephens certainly didn’t throw his body at the shot in the manner a daft barsteward like Duffy would have
He did - he jumped and stuck a leg out. Sadly the ball went where he jumped from. With a shot as hard as that, you can't wait until after it's been taken before deciding where to jump, you'd be too late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here