Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockeart - The People's Vote

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It's time to stop over-lording him and start treating him like a normal player who won't be here forever.

He has the best player song, that is sung the loudest, whether he is on the pitch or not, and whether he is playing well or not. When he went through the loss of his dad the support for him from the club, players and fans was unprecedented.

If anything all this Knockeart worship probably makes him a worse player because he is always trying to live up to the hype by making every time he has the ball a special moment, and failing. If he was scoring wonder goals week in and week out like his Palace goal then hero worship would be warranted the way Mo Salah is.

At the moment he is not helping his team mates and apart from a couple of recent good games his standard is poor and he is not a team player. If what makes him happy is scoring one wonder goal every couple of seasons then he shouldn't be here because he should be making goals for others as a priority.

His problem is that he has had too much support.

Agreed to a point and not to over hype AK but he has the ability to score the occasional spectacular goal ( Palace) In the Palace game he was the only player forward.....picked out with a great pass from Stephens ( yes it was) beat a couple of players and shot, yes shot on goal, something that has been missing from the game of Izzy, Ali, even Andone, Locadia succeeded v Millwall and Murray v Palace and other games. He has it in his locker and although AK is an emotional roller coaster that ability is there and we need it.....badly.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't care if he has a nasty streak. I care about his ability, and he has shown us year on year that he will attack players, something we seem to have forgotten. He also defends as demanded by anti football CH. I'll take his petulance any day.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
All those saying he's a liability:

How many times has this happened? Twice. Yes, losing your head like that is unforgivable and he should be disciplined, but it's happened twice

Now ask yourselves how many times Ali J, Izzy and Locadia have gone totally missing this season? Far, far too many to count

They represent much more of a liability, as they are frequently liable to be utter crap, and are therefore a much bigger liability to our chances of success in a game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I used to play with a player in non league, Mick Norris, sweetest left foot at our level you'll ever come across, but he was a hot head, he'd happily punch someone out. We just knew we'd have to put up with his attitude in order to have the good player he was. As rightly pointed out AK he has been sent off twice, probably less than Dunk. And, I can imagine a lot of that is down to the frustration of playing in a team devoid of any attacking flair, so go figure.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Agreed to a point and not to over hype AK but he has the ability to score the occasional spectacular goal ( Palace) In the Palace game he was the only player forward.....picked out with a great pass from Stephens ( yes it was) beat a couple of players and shot, yes shot on goal, something that has been missing from the game of Izzy, Ali, even Andone, Locadia succeeded v Millwall and Murray v Palace and other games. He has it in his locker and although AK is an emotional roller coaster that ability is there and we need it.....badly.

Unfortunately we needed his magic against Cardiff, Wolves and Spurs. I would take Matt Ritchie any day over Knockeart because he is a players player. This game of football is pretty simple, get the ball into the box as quickly as possible.

Whilst I welcome his trickery of dancing around players, I would prefer his to be used in the opposition penalty area and not on the halfway line. As soon as other managers clicked on to what he is about they put two players on him and instead of changing his game and passing it quicker he will always try and take them on. If he wasn't so predictable they wouldn't put two players on him so he doesn't even help himself.

March has grown since our promotion but Knockeart hasn't showed the same progress. Maybe we could blame Hughton for not making him a better player as what Pep has done with Stirling as a good comparison.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would prefer his to be used in the opposition penalty area and not on the halfway line.

Maybe we could blame Hughton for not making him a better player as what Pep has done with Stirling as a good comparison.

Answered your own thoughts/question. He isn't allowed to attack, it is not in our footballing library.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The original post says it all for me.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Answered your own thoughts/question. He isn't allowed to attack, it is not in our footballing library.

I don't know what Hughton coaches or how Knockeart responds to it so I have no thoughts in this regard. I just used Pep and Sterling as an example. Comparing player for player in the same role Matt Ritchie without special coaching needs is a better example of a player with a good footballing brain.

Attacking football doesn't mean one player taking everyone on, it means passing the ball quickly and effectively to your team mates and getting in a good position to receive a pass from your team mates.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Unfortunately we needed his magic against Cardiff, Wolves and Spurs. I would take Matt Ritchie any day over Knockeart because he is a players player. This game of football is pretty simple, get the ball into the box as quickly as possible.

Whilst I welcome his trickery of dancing around players, I would prefer his to be used 8in the opposition penalty area and not on the halfway line. As soon as other managers clicked on to what he is about they put two players on him and instead of changing his game and passing it quicker he will always try and take them on. If he wasn't so predictable they wouldn't put two players on him so he doesn't even help himself.

March has grown since our promotion but Knockeart hasn't showed the same progress. Maybe we could blame Hughton for not making him a better player as what Pep has done with Stirling as a good comparison.
Funny enough agree with you here too. I agree Sollly has made more progress and yes we did need Knocky to deliver v Saints Muff and Cardiff but sadly no one did, not Solly Ali Izzy whoever but IMO he is more likely to be a hero in the remaining game than Ali Izzy perhaps not Solly but he has that ability to conjure up a piece of magic. Let's hope any of the mentioned players prove us wrong and produce that piece of match winning magic we so badly need. I just think Knocky is favourite to be that player.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Saturday requires our most reliable eleven. A point COULD be enough. If that’s what we’re after I’d go with:
Prepare for the poll: Would you take a point against Newcastle?

Currently I'm thinking no, we need a win (as we're not getting one anywhere else).

Weirdly, I'm thinking I'd take a 1 goal loss against Spurs, which feels stupid (feel free to say it is), but I'm so sure we'll lose tomorrow, that I'm more concerned about goal difference than I am about the unlikely prospect of actually getting a point against Spurs (who look incredible right now).

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Funny enough agree with you here too. I agree Sollly has made more progress and yes we did need Knocky to deliver v Saints Muff and Cardiff but sadly no one did, not Solly Ali Izzy whoever but IMO he is more likely to be a hero in the remaining game than Ali Izzy perhaps not Solly but he has that ability to conjure up a piece of magic. Let's hope any of the mentioned players prove us wrong and produce that piece of match winning magic we so badly need. I just think Knocky is favourite to be that player.

The critics are less forgiving with other players. I am always expecting a bit of magic from all of them not just Knockeart, but all it needs is one clever pass to take the opposition out. If his footballing brain can balance out his natural skill he would be a very good player. He still has time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here