Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stains fan In peace

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Streams give a better picture of what’s actually happening on the pitch. You get the replays and Saints were far more committed than us and won the vast majority of 50/50 balls as well as showing real intent when they did have the ball.

Dunk’s little hissy fit of throwing the ball down and looking sulky when things weren’t working out is not what you expect of your captain.

What were the benefits of actually being there rather than watching on a stream?

I was at The Amex, and witnessed Stains winning every 50:50 for 65 minutes, at times it seemed they had extra players on the pitch.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I know I sound like a broken record (look it up kids) bit seriously the two sides of the NS needs to work themselves out. My vantage point is such that I can hear the two sides singing different chants, all through the game. If it’s by accident then work it out, if it’s on purpose then sort it out.

Difficult, cause it needs to come from the middle. Seems to start from Left or Right, and then clashes. Not sure how that sorts itself out. Away fans noise, as when we go away, seem to start from middle.

Said from seeing it happen from West Stand.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because we’re so bored. The end.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A fair assessment of the game, we didn't really deserve anything so well done Soton. The crowd was livelier for the first ten-fifteen minutes but once we all realised the football was dire, things naturally quietened down. Hardly heard a peep from you lot until you scored. Then you did one rendition of you know what when you scored that was genuinely loud and didn't make much noise after that.

Edit: Just seen the picture, great shot!

Picture summed it up; it was hazy with the sun glaring in my eyes from the east. I thought the atmosphere started off OK but there was nothing to cheer. Southampton seemed to be a full strength side on form. Brighton a bit of a transition side with injuries and the new players no better than the older ones.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Despite all the compliments, I'm not sure if the OP would have decided to start this thread if his/her team had lost.

So I get it, your wondering how much we rate your team, and how much were pissed off at losing to you.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Despite all the compliments, I'm not sure if the OP would have decided to start this thread if his/her team had lost.

So I get it, your wondering how much we rate your team, and how much were pissed off at losing to you.

My thoughts too .. wrapped up in a bit of patronising guff. My simple response '**** Off in peace'

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I know I sound like a broken record (look it up kids) bit seriously the two sides of the NS needs to work themselves out. My vantage point is such that I can hear the two sides singing different chants, all through the game. If it’s by accident then work it out, if it’s on purpose then sort it out.

If it was going to happen, I'm sure that it would have by now. The west side (the NSK group) have given us new songs. The east side tend to sing the old, traditional songs. Being stuck in the bloody middle is difficult to say the least. It's probably all down to egos; two small groups wanting to lead the singing and neither wanting to join in with songs started by the other.

But how can anyone expect us to build a wall of noise when the players have been sent out week after week with nothing but negative and boring tactics. FFS it's about time the manager allowed the team to play with passion and energy. That would be a start.

Oh...and I think IIRC from a few years ago on here, the acoustics within the stadium were a lowly consideration, if they were a consideration at all, when the Amex was being built. They ain't gonna change now.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Everyone on my coach that I heard talking about the game said we deserved nothing. Soton looked organised and were worthy winners. One eye on the cup for us? Not sure, but there was certainly something lacking. Still, was nice to sit in the sun for about 70 mins.

A win vs Cardiff and that should do it, regardless of our other remaining games, so I'm not too worried (famous last words).

Well done Soton.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A draw would've been a fair result in the sense that both teams were absolute pants and no wonder therefore that the crowd were disengaged pretty much throughout the game. It may be to our mutual salvation that there could be 3 teams worse than us in the division although identifying that 3rd team is going to result in quite a few soiled sheets between now and the end of the season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Fair assessment and thanks for your approach, it's what football should be about!

To be honest we don't create a "cracking" atmosphere at The Amex, never have really. It'#s very good on occasions but we seem to have factions fighting for singing attention and rarely get it together.

I think the nerves on the pitch were echoed off of it and the performance equally dampened our enthusiasm. I'd agree we both "should" be safe and fortunately Cardiff's run-in is brutal, but we can't be complacent and we need to win our points rather than wait for others not to.

Good luck and best wishes.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011

Incorrect, but thanks your comments. Long term lurker and infrequent poster.
If anything, I just wanted an excuse to share the photo

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
My thoughts too .. wrapped up in a bit of patronising guff. My simple response '**** Off in peace'

Patronising? I said we were both shit and we got lucky with the goal. Even said our fans were shit most of the game, strange comments

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If it was going to happen, I'm sure that it would have by now. The west side (the NSK group) have given us new songs. The east side tend to sing the old, traditional songs. Being stuck in the bloody middle is difficult to say the least. It's probably all down to egos; two small groups wanting to lead the singing and neither wanting to join in with songs started by the other.

But how can anyone expect us to build a wall of noise when the players have been sent out week after week with nothing but negative and boring tactics. FFS it's about time the manager allowed the team to play with passion and energy. That would be a start.

Oh...and I think IIRC from a few years ago on here, the acoustics within the stadium were a lowly consideration, if they were a consideration at all, when the Amex was being built. They ain't gonna change now.

No no no and NO! FFS when will people realise that it’s impossible for the two sides of the N stand to hear each other? There is no petty ego battle going on as so many detractors of the NSK in particular like to imagine. Blame the club and new stadiums for not forseeing exactly this a decade ago. Could have been sorted with a spreadsheet. Now it needs a loudhailer and some Uber ultra to resolve but they’re against H&S so we’re stuck with it. Get over it. But wish people would stop banging on about some sort of fans rivalry that doesn’t exist.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I went to the Malta V Spain game last week and a Maltese fan had his own PA and led the fans in all the singing as well as the band and drums.

Do you think someone could smuggle a PA in ?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
With the players we had available, there is a certain lack of flexibility in our line up. With two wingers who want to cut inside all the time from the touchline, the opposition can push right up on them. Murray hasn't the pace to make the runs in behind and also whilst he will compete physically for every ball, if he drops deep to collect the ball at his feet he looks ponderous. As always with a bad defeat those who weren't involved always seem to enhance their reputation, but

Southampton scored the type of goal I would love us to score more of, away from home. Burnley did something similar when we had March and Locadia wanting to cut inside at every opportunity. Keep your shape remain patient and put the pressure on the home team to do something out of the ordinary to create the space. If they don't eventually you will force the mistake.

It feels like we are especially vulnerable between about 55-70 minutes at home, when our forward players seem to tire of trying to create space, (does Bissouma have a stamina problem?). We rely on hanging on to the 70th minute sub slot, to see if we can bring someone on to make things happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That's reminded me of something from Saturday - of sitting in the East, bathed in beautiful sunshine, squinting out from under the peak of my cap, and thinking "It's just as well somebody thought to put the floodlights on".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well, that wasn’t pretty at all was it?

Very much a game both clearly didn’t want to lose, and you seemed like a team with 1 eye very much on the semi final next week ( good luck, hope you beat them )

A new shape for us and I can’t say I was a fan. Our set pieces and crosses into the box were pointless as Dunk and Duffy just seemed to deal with everything we threw at them.

Could say we were lucky. with the chance that created the goal as it was only because of a mistake by one of your players ( biosumma? ) that allowed us through.

Without being a knob, and im not here to gloat or anything, but why was it so quiet yesterday? I’m on here quite a bit and thought you had quite a good home atmosphere from the NS and stuff?

Incredible burgers by the way.

Good luck for the rest of the season, think we will both be fine if I’m honest looking at the run in.
If we both stay up, it’s obvious we both have wholesale change to make in the summer to make sure we aren’t struggling agian next season.

View attachment 106833
Congratulations on the win, hopefully we’ll both stay up again this year.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Do you think someone could smuggle a PA in ?

I took my PA last week, but don’t tell the wife!
AFD182F8-050A-473A-B8E8-87801869E66A.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here