Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Classy Liverpool fans ......

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not a word I can see about this in the papers this morning.

I wonder if you could say the same if Man U fans had done the same during a supposed respectable silence at Anfield?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Really? I've worked in Liverpool for over 20 years. The people I work with are friendly, warm, gregarious and funny.

Problem is they want everyone to know where they are from. They can’t just be friendly, warm and gregarious, they have to be all of those AND from Liverpool, as if that makes a difference,you know like “wow, you’re funny despite the fact you come from Liverpool”...

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Problem is they want everyone to know where they are from. They can’t just be friendly, warm and gregarious, they have to be all of those AND from Liverpool, as if that makes a difference,you know like “wow, you’re funny despite the fact you come from Liverpool”...

You could say the same about anyone with a strong sense of local identity, Geordies, Glaswegians, Cockneys, etc. I don't see why you should be so bothered about it...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You could say the same about anyone with a strong sense of local identity, Geordies, Glaswegians, Cockneys, etc. I don't see why you should be so bothered about it...

I live in Australia and it doesn't take more than a 5 minute conversation before I will tell you I am from Brighton. I am proud of it and it is a massive part of my character because Brighton is a great place that has had a profound affect on my life.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I live in Australia and it doesn't take more than a 5 minute conversation before I will tell you I am from Brighton. I am proud of it and it is a massive part of my character because Brighton is a great place that has had a profound affect on my life.

But are you characterized by it, by everyone thinking you are stereotypically gay?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This has reminded me that the Burnley fans started singing something during the Gordon Banks minutes applause. I couldn’t work out what it was. Can anyone enlighten me?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Having been fortunate enough to have been there on Sunday, I was very surprised that the singing of “Liverpool, Liverpool” was sung for the last 15 seconds of the one minute silence. I can also say it started from one side and moved across, probably by fans who thought the whistle had blown.
I honestly don’t think it was intentional as a rule the Reds are always well behaved in these situations due to the fact we have so many of our own memories to recognise.
Anyway, if it was started intentionally there was no excuse and I’m embarrassed.
However, nothing fun about going to OT, as I hope they don’t appreciate coming to Anfield.

This has reminded me that the Burnley fans started singing something during the Gordon Banks minutes applause. I couldn’t work out what it was. Can anyone enlighten me?

I think it has been previously mentioned that it was "..England's No. 1"

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Having been fortunate enough to have been there on Sunday, I was very surprised that the singing of “Liverpool, Liverpool” was sung for the last 15 seconds of the one minute silence. I can also say it started from one side and moved across, probably by fans who thought the whistle had blown.
I honestly don’t think it was intentional as a rule the Reds are always well behaved in these situations due to the fact we have so many of our own memories to recognise.
Anyway, if it was started intentionally there was no excuse and I’m embarrassed.
However, nothing fun about going to OT, as I hope they don’t appreciate coming to Anfield.

It sounded pretty deliberate to me, was at least 15 seconds before the minute was up and was fairly loud. Its a pretty weak excuse to claim that they may have thought the minute was up. In a minutes silence/applause I cannot believe that anyone in a stadium is not aware of when the referee blows his whistle.
An incident entirely in keeping with two clubs who consider themselves at the centre of the footballing universe and claim bragging rights for ultimate self-entitlement.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It sounded pretty deliberate to me, was at least 15 seconds before the minute was up and was fairly loud. Its a pretty weak excuse to claim that they may have thought the minute was up. In a minutes silence/applause I cannot believe that anyone in a stadium is not aware of when the referee blows his whistle.
An incident entirely in keeping with two clubs who consider themselves at the centre of the footballing universe and claim bragging rights for ultimate self-entitlement.

Add Chelsea (countless disrespectful and criminal incidents every season in Europe and UK), plus the smaller club antics of Leeds, West Ham and Millwall fans. Everton has suddenly become active. Revelling in the deaths of rival supporters, anti semitism, racism, homophobia.

A small minority, but poisonous people still lurk around football.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

It was the Derby fans not Burnley, they were singing England's number one.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was the Derby fans not Burnley, they were singing England's number one.

Ok. Thanks. Wasn’t certain it was Burnley but couldn’t be bothered to look it up! There’s been so many games there recently, I couldn’t remember if it was the last game or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here