Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best food to accompany TOAD IN THE HOLE?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm in the middle of putting together the PREMIER sausage and batter combo that is Toad in the Hole, but not sure what to cook alongside it. Any suggestions compadres?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
colcannon pots,decent red onion gravy,some buttered carrots and braised cabbage

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'd go proper gravy and cabbage, peas and carrots. As a i kid I would always have it with baked beans though

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

Yoda

English & European
you just HAVE to go with Delia's onion gravy

Toad in the Hole with Roasted-onion Gravy - English - Recipes - from Delia Online

also steamed pointed cabbage - no butter, just black pepper

Nah! This is the BEST onion gravy: simply fry off 2 large red onions, peeled and sliced and 2 cloves of garlic in a couple of knobs of butter on a medium heat for about 5 minutes until they go sweet and translucent. You could add a little thyme or rosemary if you like. Add 6 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and allow it to cook down by half. At this point, I do cheat a little and add a stock cube or powder. Sprinkle this in and add a little water. Allow to simmer and you'll have a really tasty onion gravy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You are all wrong, it's simple, Heinz Baked Beans and mashed potatoes.

Don't forget to fry off some onion slices and put in the bottom of your batter.

Yoda

English & European
I also like to fry some onion wedges with my sausages, and add some apple juice with a pinch of sage to give them a nice sticky sweet glaze.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here