Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's players

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I will be imagining your face when the team runs out with The Greyhound, Big Jurg and AJ for our opening game at Anfield :lolol:

I love the Greyhound btw, hope he can show enough to get another run with us. He is not as bad as you think and is really exciting going forward. He will also bring the best out in his mate Jose

Re Greyhound. Defensively, he really is, and Izquierdo is on borrowed time with me as well, one trick pony, who plays with his head down....... [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Winning that game with hat-tricks from Big Jurg and Ali might result in us having to take time off work and sets ourselves an NSC shift pattern. :lolol:

Massive humble pie from me if Big Jurg actually is a PL footballer after all....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Massive humble pie from me if Big Jurg actually is a PL footballer after all....

One of them (inc Andone) will be.
I think (well hope) another will be 'decent enough'.
Sadly though I think the law of averages states the third will drop like a stone. :down:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
One of them (inc Andone) will be.
I think (well hope) another will be 'decent enough'.
Sadly though I think the law of averages states the third will drop like a stone. :down:

Yes, I mentioned somewhere else, that I wake up some days thinking Andone will be okay, then others I think ‘terrible’ - cash in.... perhaps that’s why Muzza was still in the team, but then why wasn’t Big Jurg tried there? Was he that bad in training?

I guess that means I’m fence with Andone as well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I will be imagining your face when the team runs out with The Greyhound, Big Jurg and AJ for our opening game at Anfield :lolol:

I love the Greyhound btw, hope he can show enough to get another run with us. He is not as bad as you think and is really exciting going forward. He will also bring the best out in his mate Jose

Another player for Wing-Back duty is Suttner.

He was getting an Alexander-Arnold level of assists in the Bundasliga before he came to us, converted into a full back in a back 4 and was sunk without trace.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Firstly.... when have I said he is crap ?

Secondly I’d argue you are the one who doesn’t understand, we aren’t a league one side anymore that has a few ‘trialists’ rocking up for preseason training to earn a deal.

Tomer Hemed’s contract will expire before pre season training, he is far too good to be spending pre season trying to earn a contract when he will have deals on the table elsewhere. I’d imagine he will land up back in Spain which he said he would like to do when his time with Brighton was up.

I get what your saying but I don’t think it is going to be up to Potter whether he stays or goes, I think Tomer will want his future secured before the middle or end of July and will be looking for firm offers rather than “fancy training with us”

He is still a Brighton player so to compare him to a league one player turning up for training with us hoping for a shot is disingenuous.

Now let's get this straight;

I am saying that Potter will dictate whether he stays or goes.

You are telling me that Potter won't have a choice.

Potter will be looking at all of our academy players and first team with a clean slate, and unless Hemed finds a club in the meantime he can extend his contract if Potter sees something in him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He is still a Brighton player so to compare him to a league one player turning up for training with us hoping for a shot is disingenuous.

Now let's get this straight;

I am saying that Potter will dictate whether he stays or goes.

You are telling me that Potter won't have a choice.

Potter will be looking at all of our academy players and first team with a clean slate, and unless Hemed finds a club in the meantime he can extend his contract if Potter sees something in him.

When we return to pre season training ... Hemed is NOT under contract to us.

I’ve said Tomer is TOO good to be having to go on trial, he is better than that.

Could you also show me where I said Potter doesn’t have a choice ? My comment was I don’t think it will be up to him because I believe Tomer will get plenty of offers and sign elsewhere.

Unless we offer Tomer a contract before pre season he won’t be returning.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
When we return to pre season training ... Hemed is NOT under contract to us.

I’ve said Tomer is TOO good to be having to go on trial, he is better than that.

Could you also show me where I said Potter doesn’t have a choice ? My comment was I don’t think it will be up to him because I believe Tomer will get plenty of offers and sign elsewhere.

Unless we offer Tomer a contract before pre season he won’t be returning.

You said very specifically:

Daft to let him go ?

He is out of contract !

The only way Potter would get ‘a look at him’ is if we offered him a new deal. So your suggesting we give him a contract so Potter can give him the once over ?

Why are you claiming that we have to give him a contract before Potter looks a him.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds if this is the condition for signing people? Think about it for a second and get back to me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Why are you claiming that we have to give him a contract before Potter looks a him.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds if this is the condition for signing people? Think about it for a second and get back to me.

one would think that GP is now busy watching videos of each player and games last season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, I mentioned somewhere else, that I wake up some days thinking Andone will be okay, then others I think ‘terrible’ - cash in.... perhaps that’s why Muzza was still in the team, but then why wasn’t Big Jurg tried there? Was he that bad in training?

I guess that means I’m fence with Andone as well.

With each game vital, at home especially, perhaps CH stuck with the tried and tested Murray. Who defied his age yet again to score the goals that kept us up. So few winnable home games to waste experimenting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
With each game vital, at home especially, perhaps CH stuck with the tried and tested Murray. Who defied his age yet again to score the goals that kept us up. So few winnable home games to waste experimenting.

Sure, but when he wasn't producing at the turn of the year, I was surprised he persisted, in fact that is my biggest criticism of Chris.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sure, but when he wasn't producing at the turn of the year, I was surprised he persisted, in fact that is my biggest criticism of Chris.

To me a bigger criticism, including of club recruitment, is lack of rapid support to whoever our lone striker was. Be it Locadia, Muzza or Andone.

I’m sure Potter spotted that failing.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Yeah because Israeli international Tomer Hemed is going to turn down contracts to come and train with the Albion to try and win a contract ? Why would he risk turning down offers and securing his future so that Potter can ‘have a look at him’

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds ? Think about it for a second and get back to me

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Breaking up the Double D partnership would be a massive gamble. Struggling to believe that TBH...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here