Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Formula 1 2019

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Very enjoyable race.Well done Lewis,those tyres looked older than me at the finish.That race made the Honda critics look rather silly-shedload of points,and if Red Bull had pit-stopped Gasly 5 laps earlier,a podium.They seem to be over focussed on Max.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Voting for driver of the day

Leclerc 3rd

Retired about 40 laps ago

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Looking at the state of Lewis’ front tyres at the end, there is only one driver who should have got driver of the day

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
BBC saying the 5 sec penalty for Verstappen not sufficient.

It wasn’t, he wrecked Bottas race and then Grosjean gets the same penalty for crossing the pit exit line when no cars were within sight. No idea how Red Bull got away with that but it made for an exciting last few laps.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It wasn’t, he wrecked Bottas race and then Grosjean gets the same penalty for crossing the pit exit line when no cars were within sight. No idea how Red Bull got away with that but it made for an exciting last few laps.

Apparently,the 40 Ferrari mechanics around Vettel unsighted the Red Bull team.I only counted 37.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
That crossed my mind too.

Must’ve boiled down to racing pride and their instinctive competitiveness. Similarly Verstappen knew about the 5 second penalty, but was ‘driven’ to pass the chequered flag first.

Love to have heard Toto explain that to Hammy....just let Verstappen pass won't you!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, but really surprising from Hammy that he didn't see pitting would lose him 3? places

Did he envisage a tyre blow out or disintegration, or a resultant hitting a barrier ... giving him nil points?

You could literally hear his negative demons ... he under rated his immense ability. Whereas his Mercedes bosses knew it was the lesser risk to take.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, but really surprising from Hammy that he didn't see pitting would lose him 3? places

Of course he did, and he said as much in the post-race interview with Coulthard as soon as he jumped out of the car.

"I wasn't coming in - I was either going to win or crash" is what he said.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Of course he did, and he said as much in the post-race interview with Coulthard as soon as he jumped out of the car.

"I wasn't coming in - I was either going to win or crash" is what he said.

I thought Hammy was asking to come in?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought Hammy was asking to come in?

Nah, he was just moaning about the tyres they’d put him on and was looking for reassurance they’d make it to the end. He clearly wasn’t convinced and he does have history of the team fecking up on tyres (not Mercedes, it was McLaren)

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
This is not a sport. Race a Ferrari against a Dacia - what's gonna win?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here