Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's players

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't know, but Potter will be looking at everyone and will work with their strengths. He may see something. All I know is that he is an energetic team player, and I have always liked him. I don't think he ever let us down.

The manager didn't even keep himself.

Do you see him as an upgrade on Andone and Locadia as a central striker?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair it does help if we can actually get the ball to the striker. Hopefully we will pass the ball to the striker next season whoever that may be.

I would be amazed if we play like we did last season. Horrified in fact.

Exciting times.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would be amazed if we play like we did last season. Horrified in fact.

Exciting times.

Yep I'm really looking forward to a new approach and playing to the players strengths rather than their weaknesses. I'm giving all the players from the academy to the first team a clean slate so with about 50 players to choose from they can all compete for a place equally. The job of a coach is to coach the players into becoming better players.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the training ground with Hughton but I would guess that he was a bit hands off and leaving Trollop and Nevin to the day to day stuff and only really concentrating the match day. He was very good at the main job of managing a group of men, but I am not too sure he spent that much time on the intricate details and he left that to the other coaches to deal with that aspect of the game.

These are only my thoughts and I have no idea what was or wasn't happening, but the fact that the coaches were let go too, there clearly wasn't much confidence in them either.

When Garcia was here he just left the coaches to it so it isn't necessarily wrong if the coaches are good, but you can't just leave them to it without a clear direction because people get complacent.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don't know, but Potter will be looking at everyone and will work with their strengths. He may see something. All I know is that he is an energetic team player, and I have always liked him. I don't think he ever let us down.

The manager didn't even keep himself.

I doubt Potter will be looking at him, he is out of contract so unless we are going to offer him one he won’t be back.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yep I'm really looking forward to a new approach and playing to the players strengths rather than their weaknesses. I'm giving all the players from the academy to the first team a clean slate so with about 50 players to choose from they can all compete for a place equally. The job of a coach is to coach the players into becoming better players.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the training ground with Hughton but I would guess that he was a bit hands off and leaving Trollop and Nevin to the day to day stuff and only really concentrating the match day. He was very good at the main job of managing a group of men, but I am not too sure he spent that much time on the intricate details and he left that to the other coaches to deal with that aspect of the game.

These are only my thoughts and I have no idea what was or wasn't happening, but the fact that the coaches were let go too, there clearly wasn't much confidence in them either.

When Garcia was here he just left the coaches to it so it isn't necessarily wrong if the coaches are good, but you can't just leave them to it without a clear direction because people get complacent.

I share your thoughts about Hughton's coaching staff and Hughton possibly being hands off for a lot of the time. The small group I go to The Amex all have said how we looked poorly coached. Also like you I don't know what was happening at Lancing so...

I am really looking forward to a new approach in our playing style.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’d rather be a fly on the wall at Potter’s meetings with Ashworth, Winstanley, Barber and Bloom.

To know their private take on our current players and where we will be bringing in quality.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Just seen that Jack Rodwell is a free agent again. Still only 28, and just the type of player that Potter gained a reputation in Sweden, for revitalizing when they've gone wonky.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I doubt Potter will be looking at him, he is out of contract so unless we are going to offer him one he won’t be back.

It would be daft to just let him go without Potter assessing him first.

With all the doubt in the world we aren't really qualified to make these decisions so I wouldn't rule him out until Potter does. He is more mobile than Murray and I know that Potter wants more pace and athleticism across a squad. If anything he is a better fit than Murray in that regard. I am guessing that you don't rate him?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It would be daft to just let him go without Potter assessing him first.

With all the doubt in the world we aren't really qualified to make these decisions so I wouldn't rule him out until Potter does. He is more mobile than Murray and I know that Potter wants more pace and athleticism across a squad. If anything he is a better fit than Murray in that regard. I am guessing that you don't rate him?

Daft to let him go ?

He is out of contract !

The only way Potter would get ‘a look at him’ is if we offered him a new deal. So your suggesting we give him a contract so Potter can give him the once over ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Daft to let him go ?

He is out of contract !

The only way Potter would get ‘a look at him’ is if we offered him a new deal. So your suggesting we give him a contract so Potter can give him the once over ?

No you are suggesting that. He wouldn't be the first player to train with a team without a contract and he is welcome to renegotiate one. If Hemed wants to find another club and doesn't want to play for us that would be his choice.
There is no argument. If Potter wants him and he wants to stay, there is no issue and we will find out. If Potter thinks he is crap like you do, then he will be told to do one. If he is worth keeping and he wants to stay then he will stay.

What don't you understand?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
No you are suggesting that. He wouldn't be the first player to train with a team without a contract and he is welcome to renegotiate one. If Hemed wants to find another club and doesn't want to play for us that would be his choice.
There is no argument. If Potter wants him and he wants to stay, there is no issue and we will find out. If Potter thinks he is crap like you do, then he will be told to do one. If he is worth keeping and he wants to stay then he will stay.

What don't you understand?

Firstly.... when have I said he is crap ?

Secondly I’d argue you are the one who doesn’t understand, we aren’t a league one side anymore that has a few ‘trialists’ rocking up for preseason training to earn a deal.

Tomer Hemed’s contract will expire before pre season training, he is far too good to be spending pre season trying to earn a contract when he will have deals on the table elsewhere. I’d imagine he will land up back in Spain which he said he would like to do when his time with Brighton was up.

I get what your saying but I don’t think it is going to be up to Potter whether he stays or goes, I think Tomer will want his future secured before the middle or end of July and will be looking for firm offers rather than “fancy training with us”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has The Greyhound been mentioned on this thread?

Reading how GP likes to play I am pretty sure we may be seeing him again next season. Has he recovered from his injury?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
OMG no!
Awful defensively....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be imagining your face when the team runs out with The Greyhound, Big Jurg and AJ for our opening game at Anfield :lolol:

I love the Greyhound btw, hope he can show enough to get another run with us. He is not as bad as you think and is really exciting going forward. He will also bring the best out in his mate Jose

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I will be imagining your face when the team runs out with The Greyhound, Big Jurg and AJ for our opening game at Anfield :lolol:

I know...... [emoji23]
Be fair though, I’ve been fence with AJ, pending a full pre-season.
The other two, oh my word......[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Winning that game with hat-tricks from Big Jurg and Ali might result in us having to take time off work and sets ourselves an NSC shift pattern. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here