Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] all this Mount Everest shennannigans....wtf

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm going to do it someday, but I'm waiting until they put in a cable car to the top like they are planning for Kilimanjaro. None of this climbing nonsense.

& a slide down :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The problem is that it’s become a tourist route like the famous Alps peaks can be, too. The “climbing” isn’t technical and there’s too many up there who couldn’t survive or get near the summit without their guides.

I’ve seen people on the Matterhorn like dogs on leads. No real achievement as far as I can see, which is why I never had the desire to climb Everest. Far too dangerous for real climbers with all the tourists around!

Literally frightening to see the packed queue of climbers each April/May on the final cornice covered arête. Certain death from a slip either side, many thousands of feet below into Nepal or Tibet.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Why him? He pointed out how stupid it all was, surely?

Perversely quite the opposite as far as I'm aware, although I imagine most of those subsequently drawn to Everest as a result only did the base camp trek, as did two friends of mine after reading his book.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I feel sorry for the rescue teams either having to risk 'their own' lives to saves these numpties, or indeed go up to retrieve the bodies.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Surely only a matter of time before the ****ing Instagram bloggers start doing this ****ing hand-holding shot bollocks up there.

I actually saw a couple do this in the i360 the other week for real. Followed by the 'make a heart shape with your fingers' one too. I nearly puked on the spot.

Get ready Everest, these ***** are surely on their way....

GF-Elite-Daily.jpg

images.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Another one gone today, the death toll rises to 10 this season...

More deadly than the Isle of Man TT or Cheltenham for the horses !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I hadn't heard anything about it, saw this tweet this morning. Seeing this thread now knowing there have been deaths, puts a different spin on it:

[tweet]1132219521870245889[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I feel sorry for the rescue teams either having to risk 'their own' lives to saves these numpties, or indeed go up to retrieve the bodies.

They’re often killed doing that, so rescues frequently don’t happen. With the dead or severely injured left in situ. Climbers pass the frozen bodies of people who fell many years before.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could climbing Everest be Theresa May's next challenge? please?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i mean 7 dead this week as hundreds of climbers "queue" in the death zone @ 8000 ft to make a final approach to the summit and get their picture taken , what an absolute lead off bucket list bollockery.......a real indication of how ****ing stupid people are.:rant::rant::hilton:

Agree.

Dawin's law, though.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here