Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
History fair play, but I'd argue nowadays Leicester are a far more enticing prospect. Won the league recently, even more money than West Ham, real chance of challenging for a Europa spot etc.

Also, whilst West Ham's stadium is undoubtedly big, it's also shit.

Can't disagree with the stadium being crap. But I should imagine for a player outside the top six, West Ham would be a very enticing place to go, something I wouldn't be so sure about Leicester, despite their recent freak, but glorious, Premier League win.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Game of opinions. Dunk's ambitions, I imagine, extend some way beyond Leicester.

Maybe but realistically can't see him going to the established 'big' clubs and he is 28 in November so hardly an up and coming player. Watford / Leicester / Everton / West Ham is probably about right

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If Pep's as good as people think he is at maximising players potential surely cutting out the middle man would not seem too far fetched.

Did nobody see Guardiola getting Dunk in a headlock after the title clinching game? 'You're a gorgeous guy Dunky. Sign for us and I'll make you one of the best! Plus this incoming bloke Potter hasn't got a scooby compared to me!'.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This. A move to Leicester would just be too incremental. Of course a ridiculous wage offer might turn him but Leicester not the sort to do that

I would estimate McGuire to be on about double what we pay Dunk at the moment. I think we'd all have our head turned by the chance to double our wage.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I now fully expect this to be on some shitty gossip website by tomorrow.
I know this forum is supposed to be for debate but surely the starting point should be based on something at least close to factual? Was there really any point in this made up fantasy thread?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The question is: which statement is most ridiculous?

That a big six club would be interested in Dunk
or Leicester (PL winners three years ago) would be a sideways step?

It's a tough one :lol:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
££££££££££££......................

Well, yes, but surely they'd also want game time, rather than warming the bench?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The question is: which statement is most ridiculous?

That a big six club would be interested in Dunk
or Leicester (PL winners three years ago) would be a sideways step?

It's a tough one :lol:

Starting negotiations at £50-60m me thinks.

It would be greeted with- "well f***k off then".

Hard to say, but I can't see a club going above £30m and I can't see a lower half of the league team wanting to part with that (and Albion probably wouldn't agree). I don't think a top 6 side would sign him as a first choice.

Mind you, United did sign Bailly for £34m...

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If Pep's as good as people think he is at maximising players potential surely cutting out the middle man would not seem too far fetched.

Did nobody see Guardiola getting Dunk in a headlock after the title clinching game? 'You're a gorgeous guy Dunky. Sign for us and I'll make you one of the best! Plus this incoming bloke Potter hasn't got a scooby compared to me!'.

Note to TB: inform GP that LD will be expecting a headlock as a minimum. Suggest trying full-nelson or forearm smash.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Lewis is our Tony Adams. I could see him staying with us for the rest of his career. I’m not convinced he would leave his home town club for Leicester regardless.

**cough**... Fulham... **cough**

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Only worth about 10M according to reliable sources.

Not too fond of threads based entirely on speculation.

Think I'll start a thread on how I'd love to see Antoine Griezmann at the albion.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't think they'll be after either personally but there is an argument that Dunk suits Guardiola's tactics better than Maguire, he seems to be more comfortable with the ball at his feet

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Size of club, history, pots of money, big stadium.

Despite what they might say in public, there's only one out of those four that probably about 99% of footballers are interested in – and it's not the size of the club, history or how many punters they get through the gates. IMO, like.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I could see Leicester being interesting in Dunk.

If Dunk has international ambitions then joining Leicester maybe a backwards step. With Stones and Walker at Man City, Gomez at Liverpool, Maguire at Man Utd, Keane at Everton then all it would take is Tarkowski to move to a Top 6 club and I fancy that would be that.

Dunk is better than what Arsenal and Man Utd have, and centre backs will be in demand in this window. A good agent should be able to do better than Leicester, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here