Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Man City win the league at the Amex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Didn't someone else recently do the lap pre-game so the title stuff could happen afterwards?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I take the point about 'anyone but Liverpool' but look at it this way, if we were to stop Citeh winning the title you would then find anyone from Brighton visiting Liverpool in the future would be picked up by Limo from the train station or wherever, be ferried over to their hotel then told to order whatever they'd like from the bar, all on the house of course :cheers:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didn't someone else recently do the lap pre-game so the title stuff could happen afterwards?

Ali J would get half way round, start feeling his calf and trip over one of City’s training cones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So if Liverpool draw and we win 4-0, then what happens?!?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What a press coverage we will get if we deny them the title dunk and Duffy will do their best

None. It would be 80% liverpool finally winning the title, 20% Man City taking their eye off the ball.

So if Liverpool draw and we win 4-0, then what happens?!?

Same thing that always happens when tied on points and GD, it goes to goals scored. Liverpool would need to draw 5-5 to win the title in your scenario. 4-4 they'd be tied on goals scored (I can't remember if that would be a play off, or go down to head to head). 3-3 or less, the title is Man City's. Of course, if we beat Man City by 5 and Liverpool draw, the title goes to Merseyside.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
It’s all academic as we’ll draw with city handing the title to Liverpool
Other than they will fail to beat Wolves, leaving City champions on goal difference (would love that sequence of events but not putting any money on it)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Technically bought their promotion though.

No argument there. They thieved their way back into the PL, and got a free stadium too.

I had a fairly heated argument with a Leicester fan in a curryhouse a few years back when I raised the subject of their financial shithousery. Needless to say, he took the classic CPFC2010 GOONSQUAD stance that it was all someone elses fault. They retained their entire Premier League squad after being relegated and going bust, but happily bounced straight back up and stiffed every creditor on the way.

Its worth remembering that Leicester took 6 points off BHA on their way back to the PL that season too (2002-03). We were relegated, 5 points shy of safety. I didn't QUITE share in the "romance" of their PL winning season with as much fervour as others at the time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[tweet]1125501757348560897[/tweet]

I don't think they have much faith in us :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Finally? What to add to the 18 or so they already have!?

Finally doesn't necessarily mean first, just after many attempts. And even so, it will still be their first "Premier League title" (and that will be what sky and others will focus on).

Better start making your cardboard signs.
Would love to see “Raheem, Please can you get me Solly’s shirt”
That's the Post of the Day!

But on Twitter, this must be one of the worst Screenshot_20190508-035634.png

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The real question is will they play "Hail to the Chief" when Hughton leaves the pitch.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
They don't want to leave the lap of honour too long, as they may be walking around in front of a few hundred rather than thousands.

let's not forget we haven't in 10 games, and a lot of people still want to see the back of Hughton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here